Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I think she represents "LOVE" in the movie, Just like Helen Mirren represents death, so she may be all in his head.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

U.S. trailer dropped this week:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  3. darkcurry

So I thought this Thanksgiving I would go see "A United Kingdom" or "100 Streets" with a date only to learn the release date to "A United Kingdom" being November 25th was the release date only in the U.K.

UK Poster:
    [​IMG]

Other parts of the U.K. On Dec. 9th
    [​IMG]

It doesn't hit US Theatres until February of next year. So those saying this will be a Oscar contender are they talking about next year or do movies released in other countries this year, but in the U.S. the next year are eligible for "Awards season"?

4. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

Unlikely for it to be an Oscars contender now unless it gets a limited release in America prior to opening wide in Feb. which that late into the year is highly unlikely. Basically the studio figured it had a better chance making money in Feb and that it's Oscar chances were respectively too low to justify a release before the end of the year. Good sign they moved it to Feb though means the movie is solid and not part of the "dumping ground" that is January.

5. Akeildboss

Akeildboss Active Member

Anyone knw where i can stream either "A United Kingdom " the movie or "Live Cargo" or even "100 streets " online ?

6. ColiBreh1

You realize that none of those movies are out yet right?

7. darkcurry

Just read yesterday that it is eligible that's why they are talking about Oscar Buzz for this movie and Idris performance in 100 streets. So I guess it counts that way. Who knew. lol.

8. ColiBreh1

I'm watching this movie right now. Mehcad Brooks & Serinda Swan had to be dating at the time this movie was shot because their chemistry seems way too real, especially for this being a bad low-budget indy horror movie that it is.

Didn't know that Serinda Swan dated Terrell Owens too.

Here's the trailer:

9. ColiBreh1

Looks like a new IR movie is gonna debut at 2017 Sundance in late January:

http://shadowandact.com/2016/12/01/...ils-new-frontier-lineup-storytellings-future/

[​IMG]

10. ColiBreh1

A trailer finally dropped for "The Bounce Back" a couple months ago:

11. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I saw a poster for The Bounce Back at one of the theaters I went to some days back.

12. ColiBreh1

The 1st trailer just dropped today:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. darkcurry

Looks interesting. Good trailer.

14. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Glad they didn't edit out Boyega since "supposedly" he's Watson's love interest.

15. darkcurry

Yeah it's either not a focal point of the movie of why they don't elude to it in the trailer or decided to change it into a friendship.

16. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Read the book it don't last

17. ColiBreh1

U.K. TV spot:

Behind-the-Scenes Featurette:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  18. ColiBreh1

The 1st U.S. trailer finally dropped:

19. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I remember a photo of the King and his family in 1980 when the story appeared in Ebony Magazine. She looked good.

20. chamber

chamber Active Member

Beautiful Devils

Another modern Othello movie.