Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. mike38

mike38 New Member

I forgot a couple of more movies:

The Great White Hope and Soul Man. The Great White Hope, I think some of you have heard of, and Soul Man was about this white student posing as a black student who attends Harvard. He later meets this other African-American female student, then falls for her. These are generally old but classic movies.

2. nobledruali

nobledruali Well-Known Member

Maybe THE GREAT WHITE HOPE but for me you can keep Soul Man. :?

3. hellspawn72

hellspawn72 Member

I myself have only been watching the show sparingly this season. I need to get caught up. But um, I believe in episode 12 of this season, called "The Dark Time," Heylia is visited by an inspector and is warned that she'll be raided. She and Conrad immediately evacuate and Nancy makes a deal with Celia to use her house for a fee. They move in and later in the episode while they're alone, Nancy and Conrad start to fool around. He sets her on a desk or something and starts laying wood on her. Although short, the scene was alright. I'm surprised they did it at this point in the series, much less at all.

http://weedswiki.sho.com/page/Episode+12:+The+Dark+Time

4. Patterson

Patterson New Member

I love both of the movies you named. The Lovings was really good, and they actually paved the way for all interracial couples to have the right to marry.

The Affair, was really good too and very sad, was it a true story?

5. nobledruali

I heard it was loosely based on a true story.
    [​IMG]

6. nobledruali

:lol: Thanks for the info. I'm gonna have to see if I can download that one from somewhere. :wink:

7. Patterson

Patterson New Member

Thanks for that info, something about that story just seems very authentic to me, I could actually see that story taking place. I haven't seen it in years, and would love to see it again. I'll have to look for the DVD online.

8. nobledruali

Hopefully only the "affair" part was true & not the "hanging" part :axe: at the end :!: But, I'm afraid you aren't going to find it on dvd. I don't even know if they even put it on dvd. I got my copy from Amazon but on tape. 8)

9. kenny_g

kenny_g New Member

I gotta go with the very first Onscreen IR kiss in a movie which
    featured sidney poitier and a blind girl in a movie I forget the name of it but it happened there alot of people though it was guess who's coming to dinner? But if you ever watched guess whos' coming to dinner? the kiss was in silhoutte where the other movie wasn't.

My other favorite was The Story of a Three day pass which was a melvin peebles joint back in 68.

Save the last dance - A milestone in teen interracial.

O - Because of all the othello movies I think that was the first one to feature a well known white actress.

Manderlay - because it finally told the interracial parts (since mandingo.) of what went on in slavery.

Money Train - Had a nice steamy one.

One night Stand - Highly sexual and intriguing.

100 Rifles - with the down right sexy raquel welch.

The ladies Man - Is my favorite interracial comedy movie.

Hairspray - For dealing with the issue, and bringing it attention.

Pieces of April - Very realistic.

and Crash - even though it was short tha scene jennifer esposito and don cheadle was a very hot 10 seconds :lol:

10. fnnysmrtprtty

fnnysmrtprtty New Member

Crash was an amazing movie - intense!! I thought it brought a lot of interracial issues to the screen very thoughtfully, but did you, kennyg?

I'm just wondering from a difference of persepctive from a white person to a black person. For example, last month we had a speaker who runs a civil rights law firm in the south (they are representing at least one of the Jena six kids) and I was talking with a black friend about it. I asked why he didn't go. He said it makes him so mad that we even have to have 'discussions' about race that he can hardly stand to listen to it. Where I found the speaker motivating.

Made me realize (once again) that white v black perceptions can be so different.

11. nobledruali

And speaking of MANDINGO[​IMG]...how can I or anyone forget the hot scene between Ken Norton & Susan George
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    that got both of them killed along with the baby as well :!: :cry: So I'm adding it to my list.
    :wink:

12. mike38

mike38 New Member

Man, I can get forgetful at times. I forgot to mention Love Field. It's generally about a married woman in 1963 wanting to visit the grave of President Kennedy, then along the way she meets a father with his daughter.

13. nobledruali

[​IMG]
    :arrow: It starred Michelle Pfeiffer & Dennis Haysbert.

14. kenny_g

kenny_g New Member

I found it very thoughtful.

Well black people choose to deal with racism differently from others and thats why we are called individuals first before our race along with humans first before our race, know what I saying?

15. fnnysmrtprtty

fnnysmrtprtty New Member

Absolutely! :wink:

16. designer

designer New Member

I still have to say that One Night Stand is one of the best.

I like Finding Forester and To Sir with Love although many people may not think that those are “true” IR movies.

O was one of the best interpretations of Othello and it's one of my favorite Shakespearian remakes but no matter how many times I see that movie I'm always wishing that O did not kill her...

17. RedFox

RedFox New Member

lol, O was a disgrace.... who cares about the 1-2 min sex scenes, this dude an Allstar basketball player got mindtricked he raped his girlfriend then kills her at the end soon when she dies he figures it all out and shoots himself... Do not watch this movie you will be disappointed........... where was the friggin trust! fk this movie lol...

Best top contenders I would probably havet to say was the affair (because it seemed all to real how everything went down) and the top spot has to be easily Save the Last dance, who could say no to that? 8) believe it or not.....even though they wasnt hooked up I thought blade 2 was pretty good and I do think they was close if not would of hooked up if she would of surivied.

18. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

One Night Stand is the all time favorite in my book. My faves are Valentine's Day starring Mario Van Peebles,Hurricane Smith starring Carl Weathers, How to Make Love to a Negro Without Getting Tired,and many others I can't name at the moment.

19. designer

designer New Member

Come on Fox....
    O was based on a very old play so he had no choice but to kill his love.
    We can't rewrite history with the classics!!!! :lol:
    O was good filmmaking and I've seen jealousy kill many a relationship in real life to know that people can get inside other people's heads and run rampant.

I did think about Blade II for a second but there was just not enough there on the love [or lust] side for me to put it in the IR class.
    Good movie anyway.

20. RedFox

RedFox New Member

hmm, ok I agree with you so far but let me ask you this.. what did you like about O? was it the chemistry the 2 had or just the story and stuff? I guess I just didnt like how every went down thats why I said what I said, but if you are counting the chemistry then this is easily an A+ effort.