Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

How that director stabbed Chappelle in the back? Did he rat him on his problems or just let him self destruct?

2. chicity

chicity New Member

Basically, when Chapelle decided he didn't feel good about some of the skits he was making, when he started to feel irresponsible about their content, Neal sided with the producers and helped to get them to air. When the producers started putting out the bogus story that Chappelle had snapped, Neal went on record with reporters saying he agreed. When the chips were down, Neal chose the money over the friendship with the guy who got him there, and sided with people who were pushing Chappelle into racial scripts he wasn't comfortable with.

Check out Chappelle's Inside the Actor's Studio interview to see it explained far better than I just did.

3. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Thanks for making the story clear. I will check it out since the network claimed them gave him this big money contract and then placed the report of his mental state. Seem Dave knew those skits for that disputed season had degraded into a racially insensitive bent.

4. Bazz

Bazz New Member

CBQ

I just googled him. He's a goofy looking guy. Too bad he couldn't have stuck with Chappelle. I'm not defending him but that world is so amazingly cutthroat. People are stabbing each other in the back all day long and not thinking twice about it. Fame and fortune will do that to a weaker individual and ultimate fame and fortune will do it to those that are stronger.

5. madscientist

madscientist New Member

Google it now. :D

6. mike38

mike38 New Member

I disagree with an earlier comment that said Hollywood is not that liberal. Hollywood is far, far left. So much far left that several agendas, one of which is the gay agenda, is being enforced and shoved down the general public's throat.

As far as this trailer, I'm not a Hilary Duff fan. This doesn't make me want to watch the movie. She appeals to only teenage girls who may be in similar positions as Hilary is in this movie. That is the only group I see would be interested in watching, no one else.

7. madscientist

madscientist New Member

Being shoved down our throats? Seriously? I don't get that perception at all. But then again, I believe that homosexuals should be able to live their lives.

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I don't mind gay guys...
    I never had one of them call me the n word, or threaten to jump me, based on the sole fact that I'm black...

If anything, they're targets like we were. Except race has been substituted with sexual orientation.

Take it for what it's worth.

9. KimboSlice

KimboSlice New Member

You people don't seem to get it, Evan Ross, the black kid, is the son of Diana Ross. She was a singer with the Supremes from Motown back in the day.

His father was a very weathy shipping magnet in Europe. I wouldn't be surprised if his family financed the movie.

10. rpeg

rpeg Member

Well, I'm definitely not going to see that movie. I find it amusing though that they had to get a light skin guy to make it a bit more acceptable.

Anyway, yeah Hillary has been out for a while. The place I previously worked at pretty much said she couldn't act or sing. We used to have her photo on the wall at the office. My first time in the entertainment thing. They toss people out like day old bread. It's more or less Miley-watch there now. After Miley it's Demi Lovato. She's going to go the generic rocker girl route when she leaves Disney.

11. Liquid Swords

Liquid Swords New Member

That's ridiculous.

12. madscientist

madscientist New Member

Oh great, bring back the light skin vs. dark skin fight. Light skinned black men are not real black men, I guess. A man is only authentically black if he passes the Hershey bar test.

Do you guys ever consider that light skinned black men face obstacles in dating and in life too? And how about that fact that some black men on here ARE light skinned. I guess they should not matter because they are not black enough.

13. LA

LA Well-Known Member

He's biracial. (black/white)

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

lmao@hersey bar test

dark skinned IR hasnt been done right since Wesley Snipes. I bet Jungle Fever had many people like 'oh hell naw, Cleetus!'

15. Bex

Bex New Member

:smt043 I bet!

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

i have jungle fever on DVD..

maybe we can watch it together sometime

:smt047

or not

17. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Lizzie McGuire was my shit back in the day.

And I was dyin' off that Hershey bar shit.

I like how dark mufuckas will talk shit on light skinned black, like they aren't black. Isn't that called self-discrimination, self-hatred, self-racism, or something? Lame ass nigga.

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

that hersey bar joint was a classic

like a pair of plain white air ones

19. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

I already got Hilary Duff as my 7th round pick.:smt023

20. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Her sister looks better. :eek: