Name the last three books you have read...

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Sir Nose, May 12, 2009.

1. fly girl

fly girl Well-Known Member

You start a thread and ask people to share, then accuse them of being dishonest? Sorta passive-aggressive isnt it?

Off my Amazon account.....

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k167/yzzx/erheth.jpg

The third book is borrowed from a friend....

2. Arwen

Arwen New Member

why should ppl lie?

Barack Obama - Guido Moltedo, Marilisa Palumbo
    Milkrun - Sarah Mlynowski
    Gitanjali - Tagore

3. Athena

Athena New Member

The last few non-textbook books I've read are:
    Together Under One Roof by Lin Jenson
    Tears of the Giraffe by Alexander McCall Smith
    I'd read one of the books of the Twilight series at the airport a few weeks ago too, can't recall it's name.
    Oh yes (also while flying) I've recently read Angels and Demons.

Now I just read textbooks and powerpoint lecture notes :smt101

4. beautiful02

beautiful02 New Member

"Why black men love white women" by Rajen Persaud

"Never Give Up" by Joyce Meyer

"Milk in my coffee" by Eric Jerome Dickey

5. GirlieGirl74

GirlieGirl74 Well-Known Member

I only do light reading during tax season so feel free to laugh at my list.

Reach for the Summit by Pat Summitt (I've read this one more than once. Just a good read.)

Why Men Love Bitches by Sherry Argov (Impulse buy at the airport. Funny read.)

Tickle His Pickle: Your Hands on Guide to Penis Pleasing by Sadie Allison (I didn't learn anything new but it reinforced what I did know. ;))

6. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong with light reading. That's what I'm doing right now. I don't feel as focused on books as I have been in the past so I'm just reading fun, light books....

The last 3 fiction books I read are:

Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich (I'm not one for chick-lit books, but I love the Stephanie Plum series. :D )

The Book of Fate by Brad Meltzer (eh)

Year Zero by Jeff Long (eh)

I'm now re-reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire for the umpteenth time. :smt037

7. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

GG...lipstick will be making a note of tickle his pickle...love it!:prayer:

8. GirlieGirl74

Don't you like it when you find a book that you just enjoy reading over and over again? You usually find things that you missed the first time, and it makes the story even better.

9. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Yes! I have several books that I would or have read more than once....it's nice when you don't feel like concentrating too hard on something new, but still want to read. :smt023

10. GirlieGirl74

It's a pretty good book, especially for a new 'pickle' pleaser. :p I could sell you a slightly used copy with the good parts highlighted and pages earmarked. :cool:

11. GirlieGirl74

Exactly. I also feel like I get my money's worth too when I read a book more than once.

12. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

SOLD:smt061 ...i am always willing to further my education

13. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

I'm intrigued at the last book on your list. You'll have to discuss that with me another time.;)

14. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

Sir Nose,
    With all due respect:......reading is not one of the favorite pastimes of the brothers. We will participate in everything from play station, to card games, to the NBA playoffs...but we do not enjoy reading as a rule! A Princeton professor once said; if you want to hide something from a blackman...hide it in a book! Lol
    It will be interesting to observe the distinct trend and noticeably lopsided numbers of your respondents in this thread.

Chemical Principles---Masterton
    AutoCad & its Applications--Shumaker/madisaon
    A treasury of science--Harper & Brothers

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  15. GirlieGirl74

Just for the record, this is all for educational purposes. I'm just doing what I can to make this world a better place by educating one person at a time. :p

16. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

i'll be sure to have my new lover man send you a thank-you note:smt047

17. GirlieGirl74

Tony, some things just can't be put into words. :smt115 I have an idea. I think that you were going to school me in those sounds you were describing in the 'Desire' thread. Why don't I just give you a hands-on demonstration of what I learned?? I just don't think that an oral verbal presentation will do it justice. ;)

18. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

I swear, you are a piece of work Ms. GirlieGirl.:smt003

19. GirlieGirl74

I have great inspiration. I thought that you might be willing to help me practice what I learned. A mind is a terrible thing to waste. :smt058

20. redlady

redlady Active Member

Helping Your Children Cope With Divorce the Sand Castles Way-M.Gary Newman
    Caramel Flavor-Zane
    The Complete Medicinal Herbal-Penelope Ody