Name the last three books you have read...

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Sir Nose, May 12, 2009.

1. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Tam... You're clearly not one who scares easily:)

2. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

LOL...yeah, I love my horror books. I've always been a horror junkie, and I've read (& written) it for almost as long as I can remember. Maybe it's the twisted weirdo in me. lol :D

There's another one coming out in this series, and I wish he'd hurry up with it already.

3. DudeNY12

Lol! Well... I hope he doesn't keep you waiting too long. I didn't know you were a writer. So cool! I'm so behind in reading that I probably can no longer call myself a reader. In the past I was big on John Grisham and John Patterson.

4. Tamstrong

Books are part of what keeps me somewhat sane. lol I've been writing since I was about 6, but there were times when I wasn't been as consistent as I should be with it. If I had been, I'd probably have accomplished something with by now. I do find the more I read, the more/better I write.

John Grisham is good. Is it the John Patterson that writes non-fiction or did you mean James Patterson? I've seen some of John Patterson's stuff while book browsing (mostly religious and political topics), but I haven't read any of his work yet.

5. DudeNY12

Yes, I meant James Patterson. Thanks for the correction:).

6. Tamstrong

No problem; I figured that's who you meant. ;) And yep, he's a good one too.

7. DudeNY12

well... Go on and get your book published... and I'll do my part to get you on the best seller list.

8. Tamstrong

I'm working on that. I'll keep you posted. ;)

9. Tamstrong

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Look attcha tryin' to be all bougie reading horror classics..... :p

11. Tamstrong

LOL. Yeah, that tends to happen when I buy books at one of those upscale thrift stores. ;)

12. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

It was so-so.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another author worth following IMO.

13. Tamstrong

14. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

15. Tamstrong

16. Since1980

I just bought that second book through Amazon a day or so ago. It was on sale for $1.99. Couldn't pass that up.

What genre would you put Ron Ripley in? It looks like suspense/horror but I don't want to judge the books by their covers.

17. Tamstrong

Definitely a good buy. It's worth the read. It was kind of freaky to find out that a serial killer was roaming around the same campus and city I was going to school/living at the time.

Ron Ripley is mostly horror. I haven't read any of it, but I've read that he also likes to write military history. I enjoyed the Berkley Street series. There's also an offer to get a free download of Sherman's Library Trilogy at the end of the Berkley books (I haven't started it yet though).

How was The Handmaid's Tale? I bought on special it a few weeks ago from Bookbub, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I haven't watched any of the show yet either, so in your opinion, if you've been watching the show that is, should I hold off on watching until I've read it?

18. Since1980

I'm going to have to check out Ron Ripley. I love horror but I can't remember the last time that something I read or watched actually made me scared.

As for The Handmaid's Tale, I haven't seen the show yet but I'm on a dystopian kick these days so I picked up the book a while back before a flight. I liked it so much that I just might get a Hulu subscription just to watch it. People who have both read the book and seen the show tell me that the show itself is actually better than the book, which isn't often the case. And the book is actually pretty short; I was able to knock it out pretty quickly.

19. Tamstrong

Yeah, good horror seems harder to find these days. I like Ripley's stuff so far, enough to follow him on Amazon and to buy his other series they have available. What I've read so far keeps my attention and flows pretty well.

Sounds like both are something to look forward to. I'll probably get to the book before I do the show since I'm way behind on all the stuff on my 'to watch' list.

20. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tried to read this one, but I couldn't get into it at all so didn't waste time finishing it:

[​IMG]