Name the last three books you have read...

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Sir Nose, May 12, 2009.

1. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

2. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

1. Lirika/ Fjodor Tyatchev.
    2. Who benefits from special education?/Ellen A Brantlinger.
    3. Dividing Classes/Ellen A Brantlinger.

4. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this waste of my time:
    [​IMG]

5. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

These two are so-so. She does pretty well with creating the tension this kind of story needs, but the story seems to have no point. She also made some goofy mistakes that irked the hell out of me, but there are things I like about her writing. I'm guessing there'll be more to the series that may actually get to whatever the point is, but so far the story isn't really going anywhere.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Tamstrong

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I've been meaning to ask you this for awhile now but do you have any finished written stories of your own? I know you won't post any if you do, but was just curious.

8. Tamstrong

I do, but it feels like they're never actually finished (I'm never completely satisfied with my work). That's one of the reasons I've been reading so much more, is it inspires me to write a lot more. I do need a bit more discipline lately though; my schedule has been so crazy the last few months, I've gotten off track with my routine. At least now I have time to regroup.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

So are your stories primarily horror/mystery centric or have you played around with other story genres?

10. Tamstrong

I do write a lot of horror/creepy/psychological material, but I do play around with other genres. I try to do something with whatever inspiration pops in my head.

11. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Tamstrong

13. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie:
    - Americanah
    - Purple Hibiscus
    - Half of a Yellow Sun

14. Tamstrong

15. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    All very good, loved them.

[​IMG]

I loved RR Haywoods Zombie series, this one is a time travel series and both are pretty brilliant, a boy/man makes a time gate travels to the future and realises that things end for no apparent reason between x and x time, he goes back into the past and swipes his father away from his Suicide (a businessman) and gets him to organise a team of heroes if you like the phrase, who all died in history doing something particularly noteworthy but where their remains were never recovered... they are swiped away a second before death and put to task. I won't say anymore but they are both pretty good books and there is more to come with the series.

16. Tamstrong

Slaughter Series by A.I. Nasser

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

18. Tamstrong

19. Tamstrong