Name the last three books you have read...

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Sir Nose, May 12, 2009.

1. Sir Nose

Sir Nose New Member

This book came in the other day. I have to admit that I didn't like the introduction. Feels like it was written by a black woman. Hopefully it gets better.

I am resisting the urge to skip staight to the chapter about how BM love WW because they give great head.

2. karmacoma.

karmacoma. Well-Known Member

John Henry Days - Colson Whitehead
    Blue Note: The Biography - Richard Cook
    The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing - Al Ries and Jack Trout

3. karmacoma.

karmacoma. Well-Known Member

It won't. It's actually written for a black female audience, hence every stereotype about BM/WW is included and magnified about 500%.

4. Sir Nose

Sir Nose New Member

Hmm so my feeling was right, thanks for the warning. I'll press on as long as I can stomach it.

Beautiful02, did you get that impression as well?

5. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I thought it was written by a BW, no??

6. Sir Nose

Sir Nose New Member

Excuse me...did you say something? I am totally distracted by your avatar picture. Very pretty. :cool:

At any rate, the book is by some dude named Rajen Persaud but the intro which I'm reading now sounds to me like it could be written by a BW. Here is a sample:

"As a result, the WW is psychosocially conditioned to fear the BM and the BW. They in turn become the ultimate obstacles for the WW; the BW represents a sexual competitive challenge and the BM a frightening physical one. One can take her man and the other can take her humanity...

...WM, whether or not they were slaveowners, viewed WW as a private fife and less than equal beings...as a result their (WW) lives are drudged with the boredom of false chivalry..."

7. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho
    The Holy Man - Susan Trott
    To Kill A Mockingbird - Harper Lee

I read To Kill A Mockingbird twice a year because it is a book that never ages, and named my first born after her...i'll explain that to him when he's older...

8. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

[​IMG]

Enough said.:smt045

9. Leheke

Leheke New Member

I looove Master and Margarita...but I've only read it twice

My last 3: Post Office - Charles Bukowski
    Individual Differences - Colin Cooper (for school)
    Theater Novel - Mihail Bulgakov

10. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

cool, i will try and find it. thanks

11. FG

FG Well-Known Member

OH _thank you_!! :smt054Very sweet of you!!!! Keep it comming;-)

So it sounds like whole lotta drivel?? Let me know if I should pick it up

12. FG

FG Well-Known Member

That book is sick!
    I once saw it as a play in Stockholm with Lena Olin as Margarita... about 20 years ago before she came to Hollywood. They had her swinging on this chandelier right out over the audience. I feel sorry for thepeople that had not read the book beforehand as the story/time line is a bit eh... complicated:)

Im glad Im not the only one - I encourage people to pick it up - it is a very good book.

I never read Theater Novel, is it good (silly question Im sure):)

13. KnCA

KnCA New Member

Does Dr. Seuss count?

Between that and college texts....not much time for any other reading these days!

14. vanilla2chai

vanilla2chai New Member

KnCA,

Dr. Seuss ALWAYS counts! Words to live by in those books.

15. Sir Nose

Sir Nose New Member

You can have my copy free of charge - it will be missing chapter 11 (the ultimate blow job).

I just googled the publisher, Karen Hunter. I think she had undue influence on the book.

16. GirlieGirl74

GirlieGirl74 Well-Known Member

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one. :p By the way, it's great to see you back.

17. vanilla2chai

vanilla2chai New Member

Thanks GG :)

It is a temporary thing, not sure for how long. I am on a little break right now trying to re group and make some major decisions. This year has been really rough. I think one of the worst in my entire life. Just trying to figure out what I want to do next and if I am going to fulfill some commitments or try and make a fresh start somewhere else.

And trust me when I say...I have NO USE for tickle his pickle over here! lol

18. GirlieGirl74

GirlieGirl74 Well-Known Member

Vanilla, I'm really sorry to hear that. I wish you luck in deciding what path you want to take from this point forward. Also, I would like to add that if you don't have any 'use' for the book where you are that you run far far away. :D

19. vanilla2chai

vanilla2chai New Member

Well I have no use for it here, but I also have no desire to be applying the practical knowledge at the moment!

Like I said...rough year.

20. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I hope your year improves. :partyman: :smt056