Netflix Instant Queue Thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by 4north1side2, Aug 10, 2015.

1. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Changeling

Pretty good movie, very surprised. Angelina Jolie is a superb actress. LAPD was forever not about shit.

Mad men

I tried very hard but I give up. One of the slowest moving shows Of all time. Removed.

I heard sense 8 is awesome, will peep later today.

2. AlabasterGoddess

AlabasterGoddess New Member

Sense8 is easily the best Netflix original show, a diverse cast, and a great sci fi story that doesn't lose you. I promise you won't be disappointed.

3. agnosticlady

agnosticlady New Member

Orange Is The New Black season 3 - ***

Underwhelming compared to the past 2 season but still somewhat entertaining... Headed the same direction as Weeds after the 3rd season...

4. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Bill Burr: I'm Sorry You Feel That Way-dude still got it. Gonna be hard for me to discover a new favorite comedian with Billy Redface dropping gold every time.

Skins-like a UK version of Degrassi

Inbetweeners (show and the movies)-another UK show. Fucking hilarious

Pain and Gain-The Rock and Marky Mark, nuff said

Samurai Champloo-fans of Bebop and Mithcko to Hatchin need to check this one out

5. 4north1side2

If it's nothing like you described, you'll be sorry for wasting my time :smt070

Ikki tousen great guardians

Got hooked on this anime by chance because it was on my continue to watch list by my 8 year old. So not for kids lol. Its a perverted boys dream show about super busty and sometimes nude college girls who are warriors that get into fights and fuckery together.

4 stars

Vhs:viral

This was some complete bullshit. Strays from its successors vhs and vhs 2 found footage films and becomes a sort of movie.

1 star.... 0 if that was a option

6. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Bloodlines. Slow start but stick with it.

Black Mirrors. It's like a Twilight Zone for a new era.

My girl and I have really gotten into British detective shows. They don't have a lot of action but the writing is great. We like:

The Fall
    Broadchurch
    Luther (Idris Elba)
    Prime Suspect (older but still great. Stay away from the American version)
    Sherlock Holmes is good, too. The new ones with Benedict Cumerbach.

7. 4north1side2

I've been meaning to check out Luther, people make it out to be the greatest show ever.

Compliance

Based on the true story of a prank caller calling a fast food spot and exposing how fucking dumb people can be to the point where a sexual assault occurred. It'll literally make you go wtf the whole time.

4 stars

Your next

Typical modern horror film.

3 stars

The Den

A gruesome horror film based around the dark web.

4 stars

Would you rather

A twisted play on a childhood favorite game by a sadistic millionaire.

5 stars

8. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Luther is good. greatest show ever? Not by a long shot.

9. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

How far did you get into Mad Men? It's a slow show but that's what I loved about it. Plus Don Draper and Roger Sterling stayed open-casket sharp 24/7.

One of my coworkers told me that was a great show. I'm going to have to check it out.

I also want to add Wentworth, Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt in there as well. The first two are dramas and the third one's a comedy. 30 Rock fans will love it.

Netflix has a lot of great TV shows. Almost too many.

10. AlabasterGoddess

AlabasterGoddess New Member

I promise! :p

Yes!!! Half the time I spend a whole 30 minutes browsing, reading titles, and adding them to my list haha.

11. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I saw it when it came out in theaters and could not believe my eyes.

I had to look up the real-life story it was based on because I couldn't believe that people would actually be THAT compliant. I couldn't have been more wrong. Unbelievable how many times this guy got away with it.

It's scary, if you think about it.

It's like that Milgram experiment from the 1950s - about how far people will go in the face of authority.

It's bone chilling.

12. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Saw Lila & Eve the other day. I'd never even seen a preview for this movie but I thought it was really good! Mother seeks revenge after losing her son to senseless street violence. Lots of action, couple twists, depth of character, heartfelt, just an overall good flick if you have some free time on your hands.

13. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

Arrested Development

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  14. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

Add Top of the Lake. Not set in Britain but better

15. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Top of the Lake is a brilliant drama well worth the watch, I caught it when it was first aired on BBC ages ago.

16. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Yeah the first and second series is good but I didn't go much on it after that.

I like Silent Witness but I noticed that netflix seems to only have the old ones with Amanda Burton (which are good) but not as good as the newer ones with Emilia Fox.

I also like the 4400 (sci fi) and Dead Like me (an oldie but a goodun)

Also for those who like Prime suspect (Lynda La Plante) you also have the Trial and Retribution series and Above Suspicion also Lynda la Plante and they are pretty good if you can find them on there.

17. 4north1side2

Ip Man 1 and 2 - 5 stars

Just all out incredible kung fu flicks based off a legendary kung fu master that trained Bruce Lee. Ip man vs 10 black belts is easily top ten best movie fights of all time.

18. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

This looks good, though admittedly I have not heard anything about it. Good to know you enjoyed it, I may go ahead and check it out.

I rented "Unfriended" and "Aloha" today.

Unfriended was TERRIBLE. Total waste of my time and I didn't really pay a lot of attention because I was doing my nails but yeah... don't bother if you are thinking about it. Everything was stupid and the filmography is awful. Just stupid.

Aloha was ok. I didn't finish watching it because it was a little boring.

19. 4north1side2

I was so hyped to see unfriended last year but then they pushed the release back and i read a couple reviews and said fuck this shit. You should check out the den. A decent horror film revolving around the dark web.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

For mindless horror entertainment check out Wyrmwood: Road of the Dead. Good Aussie horror flick that doesn't take itself too serious.

Avoid: Frankenstein's Army. Straight up bullshit.