:) new here

Discussion in 'Welcome Center and Announcements' started by Ambrosya, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Ambrosya

Ambrosya New Member

That's scary ...

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Pensacola is nice but rather small, what I like about it is that the beach strip is not far from downtown, because of this it is feasible to ride cabs back and forth to the clubs and bars all weekend if you and your friends are drinking. You have plenty of bars and social spots in both locations and Pensacola beach is on both sides of the street. It's a small city with a southern flavor.

Jacksonville is the biggest city in the state and has a nice size beach in the city with some nice clubs and bars in the area. It is a nice town with a diverse economy and southern flavor with enough places to hang out without running into the same people. It's a big town with a speed about midway between fast and slow.

Orlando is a little more inland so it doesn't have a beach but has plenty of big ponds or lakes that add to the beauty of the city. It is close to 3 or 4 beaches the main one is Daytona which is only an hour away. It is a high energy city and melting pot; has plenty of cultural attractions, museums, and tons of shopping to do there. Traffic gets really busy during rush hour on highway 4 but other than that it's not bad. It's truly in the middle of everything with Tampa being only 1.5 hours away. It is more touristy than most people think. Vegas is the only city in America that has more hotels.

I disagree with Gorath when he said Orlando is a military town. Definitely a college town tho.

3. Ambrosya

Ambrosya New Member

Thank you Beasty

I can't do cold winters ,,,FL sounds really nice especially the cities you describe

I need me some southern flavor frfr

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You are very welcome :). You will love Florida. The gulf beaches are better for swimming because of the calmer waters, but the Atlantic beaches are majestic. You can't go wrong they are all very nice with warm waters.

If you enjoy bike riding (petal bikes) a trip to Key West is a must.

The parks throughout the state is the area I need to explore more. From the research I've done there seem to be plenty of very nice parks that can be visited when a relaxing weekend is needed.

5. Ambrosya

Ambrosya New Member

Very grateful for all the info ??

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Jacksonville is a big city with a small southern town attitude. Some areas are decent. Some are rough. But the Jacksonville Landing is the place to go if you want to see activity on the Saint Johns River. Day or night, it is a nice place to see. You can.cross the river in water taxis that can give you a tour of the river. But beware of the drivers in Jacksonville. I sometimes call the drivers there Jacksonvillains. It gets cold there in the winters because it is in north Florida.winters Look for apartments that are under renovation. You might be able to find a decent deal on an apartment.

7. Ambrosya

Ambrosya New Member

Cool .. Not so much about the villain drivers lol

I think there is a beach park there too? Like a huge one

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

There are a couple there. There are a couple near the Landing. The beach is a little farther away from the city. I had never been to the beach. I'm more of a lakes and ponds kind of guy. The only kind of beaches I like are the ones that are not as crowded or empty. More intimate.

9. Ambrosya

Ambrosya New Member

U live there ,Gorath?
    (Or have in the past ?)

10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I wanted to. I had friends and relatives who had lived there. I used to live in two towns west of Jacksonville called Live Oak and Lake City. I used to visit Jacksonville whenever I had a chance to get away for a while.

11. RestlessRita

RestlessRita Well-Known Member

I live in Delray beach, Florida and love it. Lots of fun places, and of course, beautiful beaches.

12. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

If you're looking for southern culture, you might find more of that in the northern half of the state. The southern half is more East Coast/Caribbean/international.

13. Ambrosya

Ambrosya New Member

Thanks orejon4 that s exactly what i like :)

I have been to Miami once and had to run from aggressive Latinos and Europeans lol

14. RestlessRita

RestlessRita Well-Known Member

I live in Delray beach, Florida and love it. Lots of fun places, and of course, beautiful beaches.

15. Ambrosya

Ambrosya New Member

Another city to check out ...! Thanks Rita :)

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

If you like soul food then you may want to check out Soul food bistro when you are in Jacksonville. Dine in or take out, that's the spot.

17. Ambrosya

Ambrosya New Member

I love soul food yum wish I had some now
    Been on a raw food diet for few days .. I'm kind of starving

18. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I look forward to your response after your visit and future stay in Florida.

19. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

I do appreciate the flattery, Ambrosya, but I noticed that your signature has my baby photo on there. Just saying.

20. Ambrosya

Ambrosya New Member

Thanks SoulThinker I will post a journal when I ll start traveling!

Morning lol that is the baby of my dreams ...!

We can share him ,how's that ?!
    He's so adorable smiling at the world like he knows all kinds of deep secrets