:) new here

Discussion in 'Welcome Center and Announcements' started by Ambrosya, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Ambrosya

Ambrosya New Member

I'm mixed of both and some native :)

I think she's right about the baby sig some sections of the forum are inappropriate for that so I ll change it

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  2. K

K Well-Known Member

Only one?

I've been thinking about that a bit myself. Sometimes I think I'm too paranoid/skeptical, especially because of some of the things I've experienced and witnessed. But then other times I think I'm not cautious enough.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Only one by both words and deeds that suggest, for me at least, possible sociopath in real life as well as online. Even with others who obviously seem to like drama, they don't put off the vibes this person does.

The main reason I limit my participation in any high minded discussions threads is due to the number of individuals who seem to be bothered by others having or expressing views, opinions or experiences that don't match with their own and individuals who easily manipulate others because of it.

4. K

K Well-Known Member

Makes sense.

While understandable, it's too bad that you have chosen to limit your input. I think it would make the forum much better of more people would express their views.

5. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Ra adopted a very wise policy.

6. Ambrosya

Ambrosya New Member

I agree... Going to take down all personal pixx and get a neutral avvie

7. K

K Well-Known Member

I think it's smart to be aware and to be cautious about things. But let's think about this. How many of you have FB? or whatever other "social media accounts"? Been on dating sites??

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I would have more input, but as you yourself have pointed out, we have posters currently onboard who aren't about support for others in WW/BM relationships. It's not worth the time or energy butting heads with others who are here for seemingly everything else except support and bonding with others of like intent and cause. I deal with enough of that kind of crap in real life as is.

9. K

K Well-Known Member

Good point. I guess I was more thinking...put your opinion out there and who cares what anyone else has to say. Don't have to get into any butting heads.

10. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Look at a lot of the good intentioned threads that gets no traction

11. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Ra, I tried to rep you for your posts in this thread but have to spread it around. Great posts. Thank you for speaking up.

12. K

K Well-Known Member

Such as??

13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

There are threads that discuss health, relationships and ect....

Sometimes they may not be presented as well as to get attention but they are there

14. K

K Well-Known Member

A lot depends on how it's presented. You have to offer some thing to talk about, something with some substance. Usually too if you just post the link to something it doesn't go well. People aren't into clicking on a link where you often have to go through a slide show to find out what someone is talking about. It seems to work better if you post the full article or bullet points.

But, it's the internet and people have the attention span of a gnat.

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

This. People who actually have lives or anything worthwhile/of substance to contribute aren't going to be over the top in how they present it and aren't looking to turn every thread into Friday Night Fight Club From The Hood.

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

So true...give them teasers

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Great posts!

18. K

K Well-Known Member

No I don't really think it's about teasers and fluff. I mean stirring the shit and doing things just to get a rise will get some going (at least for a second). But if you really want people to participate in discussions then you have to offer something of substance to discuss and then let them have the conversation rather than coming in with stupid shit to try to derail things.

Some people actually like to have real conversations and get different perspectives on things without needing to fight about it.

But quite frankly, as Ra pointed out....that may not be possible given that there is someone around who is a clear concern at this point.

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

In particular, your last paragraph, l had posted something in a thread, and realized the crazy might see it and garner further personal info. So l deleted it. Can no longer truly participate. It's just a matter of time before l join the other ladies and bounce from this site if they continue to be here.

20. goodlove

goodlove New Member

When i saw teasers its like a good headline for people to read the article and rnuff info to want to dig deeper if they want or offer an opinion.

Teasers has nothing to do with conflict. Tv people use that term to keep you around to come back after the commercial