New horror movie -- "Antebellum"...

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by medullaslashin, Nov 26, 2019.

1. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

Coming in 2020. Here's the trailer (below). My opinion (yes, even before the movie is released): they need to stop playing with these slavery themes.

It's not a joke. It's not entertaining. It was real-life horror. A reality in which your good qualities -- looks, brains, whatever made the white dude insecure and the white girls' panties wet -- could get you killed (or persecuted until you're driven mad). Because your feet are just too big for your shoes.

Hollywood has NEVER been your friend -- let alone "family". ...So why is it okay for them to joke about slavery -- in an era in which those ghosts still haunt?

Of course, Hollywood has a right to create whatever movies it wants...

For our part, I think one solution is to "go guerilla": MAKE ILLEGAL COPIES, take the profit away as we peruse what shit they're selling, and know where we stand. A song is a sign.

Hollywood is not your friend -- and never will be.

Written and directed by Christopher Renz and Gerard Bush.[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I won't lie . . . that trailer was very intriguing to a historical movie fan like me. I'm currently slow binging "The Man in the High Castle" on Prime Video and I have a high tolerance for man's inhumanity to man in an alternate historical plot. I'm still interested in "Confederate" if AT&T were to finance it next decade. This brief trailer has my attention as I await more info.

3. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I didn't go through all(any) the links in this thread, but is this a movie that examines what would have happened if the South had won the Civil War??