New Marvel Movie (Captain Marvel)

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Vandal, Oct 29, 2014.

1. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

If DC doesn't snap up Margot Robbie I would seriously take a look in her direction if I was Marvel.

Hell, I would look look in her direction even if I weren't Marvel Studios if you get my drift. ;)

2. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

You listed a bunch of career TV actresses (and not prestigious TV). No studio is going to invest in such a person for a role like Ms Marvel.

And there goes that name Morris Chestnut again. Him, Terry Crews, Boris Kodjoe and Djimon Hounsou are name I expect from white people who know no better. But why do black dudes fall back on those guys too? They are all too old, a few of them you can even debate aren't any good in the acting department too.

3. SmoothDaddy101

SmoothDaddy101 Well-Known Member

There are those with the MILF/Cougar fetish.

4. SmoothDaddy101

I'd like to see Laz Alonso, Nate Parker and Robbie Jones do more as they're still in their mid 30s.

5. Vandal

Vandal New Member

Couldn't agree more. I read a rumor that Margot Robbie was up for Harley Quinn. Then I read that Cara Delevingne (who is a model) was also up for it. WB/DC is so mismanaged that they will probably go with Delevingne and allow Robbie to go to Marvel.

With so many comic movies being made in the next 5-6 years, the studios (not just WB and Marvel, but don't forget Fox and Sony) will be in a "cold war" to snap up as much talent as possible.

6. Vandal

Vandal New Member

If Michael B. Jordan knocks it out of the park in Fantastic Four then it may open the door for other young guys. Ditto Chadwick Boseman.

Then we could possibly see John Stewart or Black Lightning in a movie and those guys could be up for it by then.

FYI, Djimon Hounsou was already in Guardians of the Galaxy

7. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Refuse to see it

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

It's going to be odd watching it for sure

It'd be like watching a black guy play nick fury

9. SmoothDaddy101

:smt043

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

She doesn't have powers. She's a great side attraction but not a main one especially for Marvel

11. The Dark King

Dude is amazing. Did you see Blood Diamond? Flawless

12. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Nice try

13. The Dark King

Yeah at least Nick Fury was true to the source material there was a black Nick Fury. Shoe horning a black guy into a role to make some kind of point is a bad idea. I don't know why he took the role.

14. SmoothDaddy101

Compared to when they're promoting young white male stars, he's old. Not taking anything away from him as a performer at all though.

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Yeah

Shoving the ultimate version of nick fury into a movie featuring the traditional versions of marvel characters wasn't 'shoe horning' at all

Neither was casting heimdal as black in Thor

Nope

No shoe horning

16. The Dark King

Heimdal was a minor character not the same thing. Where was your bitching when they casted Goku as a white guy.
    Also keep in mind the most updated version of Nick Fury is black.

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

That dragon ball movie sucked balls

No one watched that shit and if u did, I'd question ur ability to function in 3-dimensional space

Sad tho

U negroes complain when there aren't any blacks in movies, then still complain when the white man puts you into a leading role

Forget the race card and welcome to the bitch card

18. The Dark King

lol always love that race card. I wish it really had the power mofos keep claiming it has lol

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I love when paul mooney talks about it

He says that white people are always complaining about us using it and is like 'fuck that, how did that card end up in the deck to begin with'

20. The Dark King

Real talk, it's just a ploy to discount and discredit anything of substance a black person might say (since no one else ever gets accused of using such a card)