NFL 2014

Discussion in 'Sports' started by glt1980, Mar 11, 2014.

1. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

It seems my defense is getting better by the minute!

[​IMG]

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Wife is upset at the trade...smh

Darren Sproles, the star running back for the New Orleans Saints since 2011, isn't happy with the Saint's management after he learned he would be traded through reports on Twitter earlier this week.

His wife, it appears, is equally perturbed.

Sproles' wife, Michel, took to Instagram to lash out against the Saints' front office for the unprofessional manner in which they have treated her husband.

[​IMG]

Many Saints fans - members of 'WhoDat Nation' - weren't pleased with what they considered an attack on their city and their team, and fired off several angry responses to Michel Sproles' lengthy Istagram update.

In a separate post, Michel Sproles attempted to clarify the point she was trying to make.

'I did not attack the Who Dat Nation, I specifically said I was referring to the Front Office,' she wrote. 'I think the Who Dat Nation is awesome!'

After she'd cooled off a bit, Michel Sproles said a heartfelt goodbye to the fans her husband has acquired while a member of the Saints.

'I want to send a special thank you to the WhoDat Nation & Everyone that supported my husband through his journey as a Saint,' she wrote. 'We will miss the love in New Orleans & our New Orleans Fam!'

[​IMG]

Mmm-hmmm. She better lose the attitude in Philly, fo' sure.

3. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Lol! I know that's right!!

4. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I'm sad that the Bears lost Devin Hester, Julius Peppers and (especially) Josh McCown.

But, at least they had the brains to keep Peanut Tillman. Whew! That guy is a powerhouse player on our defense...when he isn't injured.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he stays healthy next season.

5. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

God bless the Bears. ..I had Brandon Marshall and Dennis Pita on my fantasy team this past season. ...But the best chance window of opportunity for this team to win it all opened and closed in the last 3 years. ...

6. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

7. Bookworm616

Nah. If our defense wasn't so decimated by injuries, I think we would have been contenders this past season.

As long as our starters can stay healthy, look for Da BEARSSSSSS to make a splash this coming season. :smt023

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The World Champs (Seahawks) are breaking up the band. I know this happens a lot after a team wins a championship but still.....

Gone so far:

Red Bryant (DE)
    Sidney Rice (WR)
    Chris Clemons (DE)
    Brandon Browner (CB)
    Walter Thurmond (CB)
    Breno Giacomini (RT)
    Golden Tate (WR)
    Chris Maragos (S)

As A Seahawks fan, it's a little nerve racking to see so many key components of the Super Bowl winning team flying the coupe. I hope the system can survive the losses.

I really thought Golden Tate was going to stay. It's especially upsetting because Now I cant wear my Golden Tate Seahawks jersey without looking like a chump.:p

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

It's the SB curse, very rare they go on to win the next year.

You need to keep wearing your Tate jersey, people won't care, I see lots of past short-term players jerseys still being worn to games. :smt001 BTW, did you know he was drafted twice by MLB, and he passed. He's pretty amazing.

10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

So the Mark Sanchez experiment is over in NY. Geno Smith is now going to have to step his game up, or he will be following right behind him. You know Michael Vick is gonna come gunning for that starting spot.

11. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

It was about damn time, too. Sanchez hasn't been good in years but Vick isn't going to be the answer, either. His best days are definitely behind him at this point. Unless Geno Smith gets really good really fast, the Jets are going to have another mediocre season.

13. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I actually like Vick. I think he still has some game left in him. Unliiiiike Matt Schaub who was picked up by my boys :( I think there were better options than Schaub. Maybe I just havent seen enough of him playing to be able to accurately judge him? Pryor wants to be traded now...can't blame him. I'm pleased with so many of the adds by the silver and black, but I'm still worried about the qb position. I'd like McGloin gone, and then draft a QB (Bridgewater, NOT Johnny football lol).

14. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

So now WE get the Mark Sanchez experiment....:???:

15. 1449225

1449225 Well-Known Member

Have fun with that

16. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

:smt019

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Trust in Chip, honey.;) It's only an inquiry right now....just window shopping.

18. Bookworm616

Welcome to the Bears, Jared Allen!! :smt023

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Eagles, Mark. :smt001

20. Bookworm616

So the Jets and Eagles traded backup QBs? Interesting....