NFL 2014

Discussion in 'Sports' started by glt1980, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Wishing Cam Newton a speedy recovery.

He's lucky he wasn't more injured after seeing what his truck looked like. Good God.

One of my all-time favorite commercials:

[YOUTUBE]6aKYZFcmAmU[/YOUTUBE]

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Yeah....same here

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Johnny manziel is catching hell

4. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I haven't even turned on a tv yet today but I'd imagine it's because a) he's a over hyped, shitty qb or b) he's a moron. Those are typically the only two options with Johnny Football.

5. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Don't hold back, Raider. Tell us how you really feel! :eek:

[​IMG]

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

They owned his ass. He couldnt throw over 100 yards but threw two picks

7. RRoyce55

RRoyce55 Active Member

THIS

So interesting note. I'm the defending champ of my 16 team fantasy league (pays out $1490 by the way), and I have now entered the final game for the 2nd straight year by beating a moron who play Johnny Manziel over Derek Anderson. He obviously had QB issues, but how do you possibly play an unproven QB who has never played in an NFL game over a guy who has started in the past and has decent stats to fall back on, particularly against the opponent he faced today? I'm not of the ilk to rub this in to the owner, but I will here. I guess that's why I'm the defending champ.... :smt025

Oh, and my Pats are division champs... again. 6 years in a row, 12th time for Bill Belicheck, the greatest coach ever. Most for any coach since the 1970 merger. 2 More wins and it's home cookin all the way to the Super Bowl, and we have the best defense we have had in 10 years.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  8. RRoyce55

RRoyce55 Active Member

These dipshits said, "he had a bad game". Slated to start next week already. Coach Pettine has just tied his career to Johnny Manziel, and it will be a short one.

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol....

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Boo. Fawk da cowpukes.

11. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I second that.

12. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm. Lmfao.

13. Since1980

Come on Bears, let's get this win. Beat the Saints!

14. Bookworm616

That ain't gonna happen. LOL.

15. Bookworm616

So, this season has been terrible with the football pools.

But this week, this week, I only got ONE wrong, and that's Jacksonville, because I can't bet against that team. LOL.

Oh, and likely the Bears.

But I won my football pool by a large margin at work. $65 to me. Woohoo!!

16. Since1980

Hey, it could have happened. The Saints are pretty horrible this season, too!

17. Bookworm616

HAHA, very true.

But there's too much inner turmoil going on with the Bears for them to overcome it, I think.

18. Since1980

In that case, I move that we make the Chicago Bears an honorary member of the NFC South. If they're going to be bad at the game of football then they might as well be with other teams that suck, too :cool:

19. Bookworm616

LOL. Sounds good to me! :smt023

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Seahawks continue to get the refs bogus calls in their favor . This time it pretty much cost the 49ers a playoff birth. The NFL has officially admitted that ref Ed Hochuli made a wrong call this past Sunday. I also recall Ed screwing a final drive call in a pivotal Broncos / Charges game a few years back that aided the Broncos. He officially apologized then, also.

So its' not just fans imaginations. The way the game is played so tightly today and with advanced imagery compared to yesteryear...it's become glaringly evident that blown/missed/bs calls can and DO affect outcomes of games and players performances.

Also non-reviewable calls like P.I, or R.T.P that involve 15 yards or more penalty, should qualify for review, IMO.