NFL 2014

Discussion in 'Sports' started by glt1980, Mar 11, 2014.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Lol

As long as ur not bleeding cowboys blue

2. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Well, not that I think it's fair to judge any of the Bears players on this past season when the entire organization, from our GM down, was in shambles.

But, aside from his rambling 45 minute press conference about his mental illness as it relates to his prior arrests for battery, he was yelling at players in the locker room after games (like that big blow-up after the loss to the Dolphins) and rumor has it that our new regime asked a bunch of players about Marshall and his reputation for being a divisive player in the locker room and not one of them stuck up for Marshall. And apparently he and Cutler are no longer buddy-buddy.

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Didn't realize all the other divisive stuff was going on. l take it he's happy to be gone too, then.

4. Bookworm616

Not sure. He had stated he wanted to retire a Bear, but with this move, he's much closer to the "Inside the NFL" show and he's stated that football is just a means to an end and he's looking toward his future. That's not a bad thing, but it does mean that his focus isn't all on football now and our new regime is looking for those who are eating, breathing, and sleeping football.

5. free816

free816 New Member

Hate to bring bad news him gone , you might be able to count on one hand how many 3rd and 12 yards or longer Chicago converts

6. Bookworm616

Nah, we'll be fine. We have Alshon Jeffery and Martellus Bennett. :cool:

7. Bookworm616

So, rumors are spreading that the 49ers are shopping Colin Kaepernick around and that the Bears and Eagles are interested.

Even though the 49ers have stated that rumor isn't true, as with most things, where there's smoke there's usually fire.

Anyway, I also heard a rumor that the Bears are trying to move Cutler.

I sure hope that happens. Even if we don't get Kaepernick, which I'd be thrilled about, it would be still nice to be without Cutler.

Fingers crossed!!

8. free816

free816 New Member

Cross your fingers and toes cutler gets moved and did you not see Jeffrey and Bennett struggle and the entire offense when he got hurt last year?
    Don't have anything against Chicago just think by middle October will see how bad they are

9. Bookworm616

Trust me when I tell you, I breathed a long, loud sigh of relief when their final game was over this past season, because the team was in clear dysfunction, starting with the front office and all the way down to the coaches and players.

With that in mind, I'm not judging any Chicago Bear's performances from last year, including sucky Jay Cutler. The entire organization was in full-blown implosion mode for the majority of the season and it showed on the field.

The Trestman experiment is THANKFULLY over with his "kumbaya-let's-not-hold-players-or-coaches-accountable-for-their-actions" approach to head coaching.

Also, Jeffery and Marshall were both playing hurt because the team sucked so badly and they felt their expertise was needed to help the team wherever they could.

The team sucked mainly because of forces above them (horrible front office and coaching).

Alshon Jeffery and Martellus Bennett both have proven in years past that they are great football players.

I think with the new regime and the new emphasis on a locker room where people get along, we'll see a better team next year.

Unfortunately for us, it looks as though Cutler will still be on the team, but hopefully he can be contained and channeled into being more productive.

10. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Can't see that ever happening.

11. free816

free816 New Member

If you don't mind me asking are you old enough to remember the Bears from mid 80's?

12. Bookworm616

Yep. In fact, I started watching football during the postseason of the '85 Bears. I've been watching them ever since. :smt023

13. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Jimmy Graham is going to the Seahawks. I approve!

[​IMG]

14. Bookworm616

That's craziness.

15. free816

free816 New Member

I ask because if you remember how good they were realize how far away your team is ( Oakland fan and we are awful )

16. Bookworm616

Oh, yeah, I know we're in a rebuilding year or two, but we have a great coaching team and still some star players that I think our rebuilding SHOULD be in a shorter time frame.

Fingers crossed, anyway. LOL.