NFL 2014

Discussion in 'Sports' started by glt1980, Mar 11, 2014.

1. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

THIS^ ...especially if your hockey team choked in the playoffs...your basketball team never made it to the playoffs...it is all broncos talk in the mile high city...you would never even know we just lost the superbowl...talk about a city that can not get enough football...the draft is like opening chritmas presents on every round

2. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

So we meet again on Friday... (even if it is preseason ;) ). We will get to see what Jay is working with this season. Can't wait. And Foles, too... Eagles have been looking good so far at training practice.

4. Bookworm616

Bring on football! I'm so excited that football is finally back.

My Bears are going to kick everyone's asses this year. :smt042

5. 1449225

1449225 Well-Known Member

Got torched by the Browns (even though we won) and we're in for a looooong season!

6. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

This.:smt045:smt023

7. 1449225

Destroying these Raiders!

8. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Lmfao! Spoke toooo soon baby boy! That's what happens when you start talking shit 1/2 hr into a game lol :smt039 :smt018

9. 1449225

Raiders still butt-butt. Schaub is trash...Derek Carr is too. But I cant really talk shit because our DBs and secondary suck. We had that game until Jonte Green got called for holding. Penalties are still the death of this fucking team.

I think every game will be a shootout for us this season. We can score at will now,but we cant stop other teams from getting down field.

10. Bookworm616

Last week I read an article about fantasy football busts and those not to draft.

Towards the end it said: Oakland Raiders WR. And their reasons: because they play for the Oakland Raiders and Matt Schaub is their QB.

I thought that was funny, and sad for the Raiders.

11. RaiderLL

Very sad. Schaub isn't yet the qb though. I've never been a fan of his, I was disappointed when they got him and after seeing his abysmal performances I have to trust that my gut was correct. I'm hoping McGloin gets it or maybe even Carr. Who the hell knows. Is it wrong that I've already got fingers crossed for Jameis Winston?! :D

12. 1449225

#tankingforWinston

13. satyr

satyr New Member

Should be interesting to see what happens with Bridgewater and the QB position in Minnesota.

14. SexyBaltimorean

SexyBaltimorean New Member

i can't believe Redskins fans aren't on this board commenting about that game last night. RG3's problem is he doesn't know how to slide. I used to complain how Joe Flacco never runs if there isn't a receiver open, but now, after watching RG3, i've learned to appreciate Joe not runnin'....

after 1 hit last night, RG3 even got up, limping. Not a good sign...

Johnny Manziel flipped the bird at the Redskins bench. Who does this guy think he is?????

15. Bookworm616

I just saw that on MSN and thought the same thing. Then I thought, he's "Johnny Football", that's who he is. :smt042 The guy sounds like he's believing his own hype.

The article quoted a teammate saying that the fans and the Redskins sidelines were saying some bad things to the guy and it's the second week he's had to deal with that type of language, but regardless, he needs to rise above it.

16. jaym15

jaym15 New Member

who cares he's a rookie who lost his temper at 21. I'm more concerned with his inability to identify pressure

also, what am I missing with rg3. very unimpressed

17. RaiderLL

I hadn't heard that part yet and it most certainly sucks if that's the case but I firmly believe this kid brought it on himself. He's acted like his shit doesn't stink since day one and most people dislike him because of it. He's getting paid decent money now...I agree he needs to rise above it. Doing that may help to change the shitty image he currently has in the NFL. Right now, he's another Jamarcus Russell IMO. If he doesn't want to end with the same fate he needs to change his attitude and work ethic (I read he's already shown up late to practice). He's young and has a long road ahead of him. It'd behoove him to make that road as smooth as possible from this point on ;)

18. RaiderLL

Lol I'm actually not at all concerned with his inability to identify pressure. I've been looking forward to these NFL defenses sacking his sorry ass since the draft :D

RGIII has amazing potential IMO. We saw it his first year. Not sure if he's not as healed as he thought he was (didn't see much of the game), but a healthy RGIII is a real threat, I think.

19. jaym15

jaym15 New Member

Haha I don't love Manziel either, too cocky and he has a poor judgement for a guy thats basically the CEO of your football franchise. Best quote I've heard regarding Manziel was "he' smart enough to know what to say after he screws up and dumb enough to repeat the same mistakes"

The RG3 coverage by the media the past two years has actually annoyed me more than Manziel's. If he doesn't have a clean pocket he throws off his back foot and he doesn't know what to do with the football past his first read. He had a great first year because the Shanahans kept the offense very elementary and used his legs as a threat. After his injury and teams got more tape on him hes been a average guy.

20. RaiderLL

That quote about Manziel is awesome :D

As for RGIII, I'm a complete sucker for a mobile qb so maybe I give him a little more credit than I should. I feel like he's pretty good at reading his options though, he just defaults to his legs quicker than he may need to at times (Pryor did that all the time...a lot of mobile qbs do). If he can get fully healthy I think he's got a great NFL future ahead of him. And the coverage on him comes no where near the annoyance level as that of Manziel IMO! I was over Johnny Football about the third time I heard of him.