NFL 2015 Season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Bliss, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

What's amazing about Atlanta is that we somehow manage to get worse week after week. Our dedication to failure is unmatched.

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

cam should get mvp

3. Since1980

If this isn't the most perfect image to describe the Falcons this year, nothing is:

[​IMG]

4. goodlove

goodlove New Member

rename the team to the atlanta cant-get-rights

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Are the Panthers as dominant as their record indicates, or are they the products of an easy schedule?

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

ooh good question. i hope someone can pos that schedule and we can discuss

7. Since1980

I can't speak for the other teams on the schedule but the Falcons are pretty horrible so we're pretty much a win for anyone we play. They may as well go ahead and forfeit week 17 in advance.

This season the NFC South plays the NFC East and the AFC South which are both the worst divisions in their respective conferences. So...yep. Easy schedule. Even so, it's still next to impossible to go undefeated in the NFL so I'm not trying to take anything away from the Panthers. They're a division rival but even when they beat the shit out of us I don't hate them that much.

But the Saints? I hate the Saints lol. I'm happy as long as they are as bad or worse than we are.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/car/carolina-panthers

8. goodlove

goodlove New Member

lol

9. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

My Bears. My Bears. My poor Chicago Bears.

I have to keep reminding myself that this is a rebuilding year, but they gave us a few weeks of hope.

We're now 5-8 and I do feel better about the direction of this team now, than I did this time last year.

The needle is definitely pointing up, and I'm now wondering how much longer Robbie Gould will be on this team. He was so reliable, and I don't know what's happening with him. Our new coaching staff, though, it making it known that they don't care and will drop you from the team if you aren't performing.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle the Robbie Gould situation and how they handle Matt Forte. I really, really hope they keep Forte and let him finish out his career as a Bear.

10. Since1980

John Fox is a damn good coach, though. And this is only his first year, plus the NFC North is a pretty tough division. He'll have the Bears in the playoffs by next year based off of his last two teams. Fox is a proven winner as HC.

11. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Agreed.

I have a friend who keeps saying: John Fox, when you want to win, but not win too much.

I think that's folly. But whatever. He is a bit too conservative with some of his play calling, which can be head scratching at times. But, it's easy to be a Monday morning coach. Sometimes, no matter what a coach calls, they're damned if they do, damned if they don't.

What matters is the players seems to WANT to win and are playing like they could win, which is a VAST improvement over last year. They are also looking like they're being professionally coached, unlike the last two years. All of that is encouraging.

The Packers have proven this year that they aren't infallible. Sure, they are playing without Jordy Nelson, but without the help of the refs (which they get a lot), they wouldn't have the record they have. That being said, I do think the Bears have a chance to make our division interesting.

They don't call it the black and blue division for nothin'. :smt023

12. goodlove

goodlove New Member

good take. jim rome would be proud

13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

is chip kelly turning tbe eagles around?

14. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

Ziggy Ansah of Detroit Lions. Love that guy and his story:cool:

15. goodlove

goodlove New Member

should the panthers rest their team leaders or rest them and risk losing the opportunity for a perfect season

16. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Um, that would be a no. Of course, not much Chip can do with guys who suddenly can't catch or hold onto a ball. Lord, have mercy. :-?

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

No words
    (but you know, my friend)

Before seeing this I thought the exact same thing. Since Cam's playing, he clearly wants to be a part of every game of this historic moment for the team if they win today and next week. .
    I think the Super Bowl will be quite dynamic having Cam in it - especially against Brady, however lm so sick of Brady in the Super Bowl.

I'm rooting for Atlanta today.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

19. Since1980

[​IMG]

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Love it.

Have to say, am so impressed by your boys today...
    but that failed FG kick..what was that??, lol!