NFL 2015 Season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Bliss, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

:smt081

C'mon Since...give us your SB prediction :p

2. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Goddamn Panthers are probably going to win, and win big. Denver's defense is good but I don't think that they can stop Carolina's offense if they play the way they did tonight.

3. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

Blowouts are a bore....this is not a good playoff game...I would have loved to see Green Bay playing today

We weren't expected to win today either...I'm not going to worry just yet :)

4. Since1980

I will be pulling for the Broncos big time. Just gotta find my orange sweatshirt and I'll be good to go!

5. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

:smt045 that's what I like to hear!

6. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I'm just a big football fan. My team is the NY Giants, but then they're a few others that I dislike. I'd never lose sleep over them, but they are... Patriots, Cowboys and Ravens.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yeah, it looks like it's in the cards for Carolina. Denver needs to be perfect.

General question ....Does anyone know Cam's performance stats before he was in the car accident? I mean, it's like he acquired superpowers that can sometimes happen when people have a serious accident or near death experience. Or am I just imagining it?
    It would have been great if Arizona did a repeat of Green Bay's performance last week . However, I'm sure Panther fans are delirious.
    As the commentator said, it's going to be old school vs new age. So we shall see. :cool:

8. rhgrl88

rhgrl88 Member

I get what youre saying but OMG. I guess it is the equivalent of me getting emotionally involved with the Kardashians, Bachelor, MTV challenge, etc.

9. Since1980

That's pretty much a perfect analogy.

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

:smt023 :smt023

I will throw in Pittsburgh with a "slight" dislike.

11. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

12. DudeNY12

Yup! Both defenses were strong today, but the Broncos' defense really came up big. I was especially impressed because they had to be tired as the offense weren't staying on the field long in the 4th quarter. They were simply awesome the way they shut down the Patriots in the red zone several times. On that last play I was praying that they not leave anyone uncovered, and to not get a penalty. Peyton looked good too, and I loved his scramble to get the first down. He got it, but he showed again that the Mannings aren't known for running fast:). I'd love to see him get another ring.

I like the Steelers, and my g/f is a Steelers fan.

13. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Hmm.....The Panthers remind me a lot of the 2013 Seahawks. And we all know how that Super Bowl went for Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos.

Personally, I would really like to see Peyton go out with one last victory.

14. DudeNY12

True, but unless there's a complete collapse... I think this is a better Broncos team, and I doubt they'll give up a ton of points. I'm not taking anything away from the Panthers, but I don't see them running over the Broncos like they were able to do with the Cardinals.

Also... The Cardinals are a much better team than they were yesterday. In addition to not being able to stop the Panthers... They shot themselves in the foot plenty of times.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

It's always a good thing to like the same team. :D

Good point, Thump. Forgot about his meltdown.
    They sure do look like the Seahawks -- even better than. They have ridiculous attitude, but they're a young,unseasonaed team....the SB hype machine can throw off the best, at times.

Peyton l bet has been itching to redeem. It's his last horrah. I'm loving this SB matchup.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  16. DudeNY12

Yup, but just yesterday she did say... "What will we do if there's ever a Giants/Steelers" Superbowl? I said we'll just have to go to our corners, and congratulate the winner. It does help that we also dislike the same teams.

17. Since1980

People were saying the same thing about the Seahawks a few years ago and by the time that game was over, there was no doubt as to who the best team in the country was that season.

One thing about Peyton is that he is so inconsistent. As good as he's been over the entirety of his career he can and will shit the bed at the worst possible times. He can set passing records and yet throw so many interceptions that he gets benched for Brock Osweiler in the same game. If you rattle him even a little bit he falls to pieces.

Having said that, I agree that this Broncos team is better than the one a few years ago but they haven't faced a QB like Newton yet. He's basically a bigger, stronger version of Russell Wilson and I don't know if Denver's defense is prepared to stop him.

18. DudeNY12

Don't get me wrong... If I'm betting... I'd bet on the Panthers. If they win... I just don't think they'll be able to run over the Broncos like they did the Cardinals.

I fully expected the Seahawks to win that SB, and the next which they gave away.

I'm hoping for an exciting game.

19. Since1980

Oh I didn't mean to come across like I was disagreeing with you or trying to call you out, just playing devil's advocate. I was just pointing out some similarities and differences.

20. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

I would definitely like to see Peyton Manning go out with a bang

As many times as my Broncos have made it to the playoffs and the Super Bowl, I would love to see them win one more time. Ironically enough John Elway won the Super Bowl and then he retired...

I do realize we have a negative track record and we are the butt of most jokes but I have to say this season has been an incredible one for our defense

Cam Newton is a beast and I find it really interesting that Peyton and Cam were both number one draft picks back in their days

I'm excited to see this match up and praying that the best team wins whoever wants it bad enough you will end up the victor