NFL 2015 Season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Bliss, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

The NFL is no longer tax-exempt.

Goodell said it will also mean his and all their salaries are now nunya business.

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

It means a whole lot of other things too

:smt043

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Lol..Like?

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

All of the other benefits that come from resigning tax-exempt status

I know they exist but I'm too lazy to look them up

5. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

Anyone watching the NFL Draft tonight?

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

If I had more knowledge of the draft pool and actually cared about who my eagles picked....I probably would

I'm not even sure what channel it comes on...and I guess I actually do care to see who picks jameis Winston/inherits his off field issues

7. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

I be watching the draft not just for my team but I love the draft, I remember the first one I every watched was the 1993 draft I used to track all the picks and everything a bit too busy with other things now to do it but still enjoy.

As for the benefit of dropping tax exempt status, well

1. The salaries - a tax exempt organization can only use profits to pay it's members "reasonable" salaries which is why they have to report them. Now they don't have to do that profits can be used for anything they want now. They can horde them, or pay their members whatever salary they want. I wouldn't be expecting the people working in the league office to be getting raise though.

2. Income sources - with the status you are limited in where your money comes from. Now the NFL is free to generate revenue from any and every source they so choose.

3. restrictions on the use of assets to purposes justifying tax exemption - Without the exemption the NFL can use it's assets in any way they see fit to use them and not have to justify them to the government.

Reasons 2 and 3 are really the reason the NFL doesn't want the status anymore.

8. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Hell yeah. It's always football season for me!

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

with all the baggage would you have taken jamesis?

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

The nfl/big state football has taken much worse......

11. goodlove

goodlove New Member

thats true...why stop

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

It's all about winning games

At least with college tho.....some programs were breaking the law/rules with recruiting and getting penalized out the ass.....so what could you really expect

13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

lol....they work for free though

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

They're trying to get that bread into their hands tho at the NCAA level

At least give them some spending money for kicks and clothes

15. goodlove

goodlove New Member

i know rite. its bull that they dont

16. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

As long as he can grow up he'll be fine. He does a lot of knucklehead shit but he's a pretty damn good QB regardless. Plus aside from him and Mariota, there weren't a lot of top-tier QBs coming out of college this year.

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Brady suspended 4 games. Pats fined one million dollars
    2016 first round pick forfeited and 4th round 2017. Sounds good enough.

18. OakParkIllini

OakParkIllini New Member

I'm shocked that Goodell actually did something more than a slap on the wrist. I give him props. The Patriots are the Yankees of the NFL - the team America loves to hate

19. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I can't stand Tom Brady and I can't stand the Patriots, but I'm not sure suspending him is the right thing to do.

The report wasn't very definitive when it came to Brady.

I'm always happy when crappy teams like the Patriots get screwed. And a million dollar fine is quite hefty, as is the loss of draft picks.

But, suspending Brady for 4 games seems harsh.

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Bookies back