NFL 2015 Season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Bliss, Mar 13, 2015.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Fools better started sharing.

The city would be fools to flip the bill for a stadium

2. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Deadspin has had some really good articles over the years about the ridiculousness of cities and counties giving millions to billionaires. Yet and still, people eat it up like it's being spoon-fed to them. It's insane how quickly these cities lined up to get fucked. And they don't even get a damn reach around!

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

yeah college football is just as bad.

4. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

How so? College football has its problems but relocation threats and extorting cities isn't one of them.

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

They get money from the state to support football program and then tutition goes up to support it also.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Excuse?

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/nfl-player-blind-side-says-132123137.html

NFL player from 'The Blind Side' says the movie is hurting his career

Ari Gilberg 2 hours 36 minutes ago

[​IMG]

"The Blind Side," the award-winning movie detailing NFL offensive lineman Michael Oher's rise from a homeless teenager to an NFL first-round draft pick, was critically acclaimed and a huge box-office success, making over $300 million worldwide.

Despit that positive attention, Oher believes the movie is actually responsible for the excessive criticism he has gotten throughout his career.

"Offensive linemen don't get looked at,'' Oher told ESPN's David Newton. "Nobody is paying attention to the offensive line. But me? I'm getting watched for everything."

Since being drafted 23rd overall back in 2009, Oher has had moderate success in the NFL. After helping the Ravens win Super Bowl XLVII in 2013, Oher left in free agency and signed a five-year, $20 million contract with the Titans. After one injury-plagued and unproductive season, however, he was subsequently released and signed a modest two-year, $7 million deal with the Panthers — his third team in three years.

According to advanced stats from Pro Football Focus, Oher hasn't produced a season with consistent positive grades since his rookie year. While he recognizes he hasn't lived up to his first-round hype coming out of Ole Miss, he believes he is unfairly being labeled a "bust" because of all the extra media attention he receives as a result of "The Blind Side":

People look at me, and they take things away from me because of a movie. They don't really see the skills and the kind of player I am. That's why I get downgraded so much, because of something off the field. This stuff, calling me a bust, people saying if I can play or not ... that has nothing to do with football. It's something else off the field. That's why I don't like that movie.

Although Oher has been heavily criticized by Pro Football Focus and other experts, his new teammates have welcomed him with open arms. Panthers tight end Greg Olson called the signing a "huge addition" for Carolina.

7. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol...dont blame your lack of production on a movie

8. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Exactly.

9. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

10. Bookworm616

I was watching Celebrity Family Feud last night.

There was an NFC vs AFC game. I wanted to see it because Matt Forte was on it.

After watching it, I have a new NFL crush:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He was just so cute on that show. His personality is awesome. And he's not too bad to look at either. ;) :heart:

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Lmao..."feet". "gluteus".

Steve was on fire, too. "Strip RIP??" Where the he'll did you hear "rhyme" in 'finish the word "strip ____'??

Awesome episode!

12. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I missed that.

13. Bookworm616

LOL! Steve was having a GREAT time with them.

To be fair, I didn't think the "feet" answer was horrible, as women are known to use their feet to flirt...

You missed a great show. ABC.com should allow you to see clips of the show and depending on your provider, watch the whole show now or for free in one week.

It's well-worth checking out. :smt023

Of the 4 celebrity shows they had on last night, that one was by far the best.

14. Bookworm616

You could totally tell that they were "coached" by the NFL commish or their own organizations to not say anything out of line. They all gave like 1 word answers. LOL.

It was funny and cute.

15. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Which of the botton dwellers of the nfl will do well this upcoming season?

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

It was the best, wasn't it.

As for the feet comment, l thought of this site's feet thread and that Steve was gonna roast him for having a foot thang,
    or that he meant when a woman takes care of her feet, it's a form of sexy body language for a man...
    but your comment makes the most sense...we do indeed use our feet to flirt, haha..great observe, Books!

17. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

72 more days till the start of the season. Who's ready for some football?

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

For you...

.[​IMG]

19. Bookworm616

[​IMG]

I am counting the days!

I'm going to try to visit the Bears training camp this summer, too.

20. goodlove

goodlove New Member

That sounds cool