NFL 2015 Season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Bliss, Mar 13, 2015.

1. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

The rams look good

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I heard they made good moves this year.

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Looks like the New York Giants and Tampa Bay Bucs will be having a roster change.
    Each had a player lose fingers over the July 4th weekend, due to fireworks.

Tampa Bay's CJ Wilson lost two fingers

[​IMG]

And the New York Giant's Jason Pierre-Paul lost one.

[​IMG]

Now, it's not rocket science - If you are an NFL player your hands are you moneymaker. You don't play soccer, you play football, aka handball. If you're a defensive end you have to grab, pull push, if you're a cornerback, you have to deflect, intercept. What were they thinking?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...o-fingers-Fourth-July-fireworks-accident.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tated-fireworks-accident-report-suggests.html

4. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

CJ Wilson lost TWO fingers?

What were these idiots thinking? How dumb do you have to be?

It's a shame they are learning this valuable lesson the hard way. I hope they both have backup plans.

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Pierre-Paul was in the middle of contract negotiations worth $14 million - he was holding out. If his ability to tackle is hindered by this loss, he's screwed.

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Yeah but lets be honest....people dont think a firecracker is that bad. They never realize premature fuses are not rare.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

As a kid we lit firecrackers in our hands all the time. I think there is a difference between a small firecracker the size of a birthday candle vs fireworks that sometimes go in mortars.

As an adult, anytime I'm near backyard fireworks, I'm the farthest person away and I always remind the igniter to get away as quick as possible...l don't like them.

8. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

We blow off our own fireworks every year and we have a "Safety First" motto.

Fireworks are extremely dangerous and one needs to be extra careful around them, for sure.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

What's happened to Donovan McNabb? 2nd DUI arrest vid released

This is not good. He never had an alcohol problem....something has changed. I hate that he has endangered people's lives twice (probably more) but l also hope he gets help. He has so much to lose. Has such a beautiful family, loving parents...
    Now he went to jail and suspended from (likely lost) his lucrative job...

Former NFL player Donovan McNabb seen slurring his words with bloodshot eyes denying he has been drinking in video taken after car crash that led to DUI arrest - his second in two years

[​IMG]

- The former quarterback has bloodshot eyes and slurs his words while repeatedly stating he had not been drinking

- McNabb tells the officer that he has a cold and has been taking cold medicine
    He eventually admits he has just come from a bar, and is then arrested by the officer

- When asked if he knows his rights, McNabb, who served a day in jail for a December 2013 DUI arrest, says; 'I've been through this before'

- He has been indefinitely suspended from his job at Fox Sports because of the arrest

[​IMG]

Story and Video...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ar-crash-led-DUI-arrest-second-two-years.html

10. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I saw that. I meant to post this.

Very disappointing. He always carried himself in a proper manner

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Even more so than how he carried himself, alcohol was just never an issue for him.

To go from 0-60 so quickly is startling.

12. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Yeah something is surely wrong at home

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Arizona Cardinals adding woman to coaching staff in what is believed to be an NFL first

[​IMG]

Associated Press

Jen Welter will work with the team’s inside linebackers throughout training camp and the preseason. It’s believed she is the first female to hold a coaching position of any kind in the NFL.

Welter will be among seven coaching interns working with the team this summer. Her tenure in 2015 will be short, but meaningful.

RELATED: Arizona Cardinals training camp
    Last spring, Arians was asked about Sarah Thomas becoming the NFL’s first female official. Arians mentioned that it would be reasonable to think a woman could also coach in the
    The coach of the Indoor Football League’s Texas Revolution, Devin Wyman, heard of those comments, then called and recommended Welter, one of his assistants.

Welter visited the Cardinals during an organized team activity practice this summer.
    RELATED: Key information for Arizona Cardinals training camp
    “I wanted to open that door,” Arians said. “Coaching is nothing more than teaching. The one thing I’ve learned from players: all they want to know is ‘How you going to make me better? If you can make me better, I don’t (care) if you’re the Green Hornet. I’ll listen.’
    “I really believe she’ll have a great opportunity through this internship to open some doors.”

Arians said he talked to several veteran Cardinals players and “they were all cool” with the hiring of Welter. “It’s not going to be a distraction in any way.”

The Cardinals will have a news conference Tuesday to introduce Kirkland and Welter.

More on story...
    http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...ching-staff-what-believed-nfl-first/30748523/

14. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Shes gonna need that phd in psychology to deal with those fools

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Take your punishment like a man, loser

Tom Brady destroyed his cell phone and its 10,000 texts during Deflategate investigation NFL report reveals as his four-game ban is upheld

Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his role in using underinflated footballs during the AFC championship game last season has been upheld by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

The league announced the decision Tuesday.

Goodell also revealed that Brady destroyed his cell phone as the NFL investigation into the matter was underway.

This will now go to federal court where Brady will seek an injunction that would allow him to play at the start of the season while the case is under review.

The suspension will cost Brady Brady $1.88million.

Brady's agent Don Yee said after the decision; 'The appeal process was a sham.'

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

2015 Training Camp Dates

Who is planning on going to watch their team practice? Go if you can! :smt023

Below is the schedule... Dates are subject to change

TEAM / REPORTING DATE - FIRST PRACTICE / SITE LOCATION

Arizona Cardinals July 31 Aug. 1 University of Phoenix Stadium Glendale, Ariz.
    Atlanta Falcons July 30 July 31 Falcons Training Facility Flowery Branch, Ga.
    Baltimore Ravens July 29 July 30 Under Armour Performance Center Owings Mills, Md.
    Buffalo Bills July 30 July 31 St. John Fisher College Rochester, N.Y.
    Carolina Panthers July 30 July 31 Wofford College Spartanburg, S.C.
    Chicago Bears July 29 July 30 Olivet Nazarene University Bourbonnais, Ill.
    Cincinnati Bengals July 30 July 31 Paul Brown Stadium Cincinnati
    Cleveland Browns July 29 July 30 Browns Training Complex Berea, Ohio
    Dallas Cowboys July 29 July 30 River Ridge Playing Fields Oxnard, Calif.
    Denver Broncos July 30 July 31 Paul D. Bowlen Memorial Broncos Centre Dove Valley, Colo.
    Detroit Lions Aug. 2 Aug. 3 Lions Training Facility Allen Park, Mich.
    Green Bay Packers July 29 July 30 St. Norbert College De Pere, Wis.
    Houston Texans July 31 Aug. 2 Houston Methodist Training Center Houston
    Indianapolis Colts Aug. 1 Aug. 2 Anderson University Anderson, Ind.
    Jacksonville Jaguars July 30 July 31 Florida Blue Health & Wellness Practice Fields Jacksonville, Fla.
    Kansas City Chiefs July 31 Aug. 1 Missouri Western State University St. Joseph, Mo.
    Miami Dolphins July 29 July 30 Doctors Hospital Training Facility Davie, Fla.
    Minnesota Vikings July 25 July 26 Minnesota State University Mankato, Minn.
    New England Patriots July 29 July 30 Gillette Stadium Foxborough, Mass.
    New Orleans Saints July 29 July 30 The Greenbrier White Sulpher Springs, W Va.
    New York Giants July 30 July 31 Timex Performance Center East Rutherford, N.J.
    New York Jets July 29 July 30 Atlantic Health Jets Training Center Florham Park, N.J.
    Oakland Raiders July 30 July 31 Napa Valley Marriott Napa, Calif.
    Philadelphia Eagles Aug. 1 Aug. 2 NovaCare Complex Philadelphia
    Pittsburgh Steelers July 25 July 26 Saint Vincent College Latrobe, Pa.
    St. Louis Rams July 31 Aug. 1 Rams Park Training Center Earth City, Mo.
    San Diego Chargers July 29 July 30 Chargers Park San Diego
    San Francisco 49ers July 31 Aug. 1 SAP Performance Facility Santa Clara, Calif.
    Seattle Seahawks July 30 July 31 Virginia Mason Athletic Center Renton, Wash.
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers July 31 Aug. 1 One Buccaneer Place Tampa, Fla.
    Tennessee Titans July 30 July 31 Saint Thomas Sports Park Nashville, Tenn.
    Washington Redskins July 29 July 30 Bon Secours Training Center Richmond, Va.

17. goodlove

goodlove New Member

When is the hall of fame ceremony

18. goodlove

goodlove New Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...-rules-on-tom-brady-suspension-192621377.html

. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, five weeks after hearing Brady's appeal over the deflate-gate issue, kept his suspension at four games. That's the same suspension for Dallas Cowboys defensive end Greg Hardy in his domestic violence case. The NFLPA, via reports, has been planning to take the NFL to federal court if Brady's suspension wasn't completely overturned.

Brady destroying his cell phone before he met with investigator Ted Wells was the crux of Goodell's ruling.

-------------;;------------;;;-;;

Read the rest

19. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

:smt017 l had just posted the same story