NFL QB National Anthem Protest

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Aug 27, 2016.

1. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Agreed! people are definitely selective about which people and actions/situations in which they'll show outrage.

2. DudeNY12

Yup! I've had people bring up MLK too. The last time I reminded them that during the time when MLK was speaking out/protesting... He too was seen as a troublemaker and so on, by society (including law enforcement and local governments).

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Does your stomach hurt?

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yup spot on.Apparently criticizing the system is anti white and blaming Whitey. How do we talk about the problems in this country without talking about the systematic problems?

5. DudeNY12

I get your point, and I'm sure many others do as well. In many respects and a various times, I found myself thinking I'm happy to American. However, I've also found myself thinking... "These folks have a wonderful life, I'm happy for them and wished for the same" on my visits to Canada. Kaepernick wasn't born with this feeling, but somehow he has it now, and instead of jumping on him... Those who are critical should truly be asking themselves why does this feeling exist, especially for someone in Kaepernick's position.

I know many get tired of hearing it, but with all of the advantages in the USA... It's often difficult and frustrating to live in this skin, and it doesn't have to be this way. Kaepernick wasn't born with this feeling, but my guess is... He's simply seen and heard enough over the years that has led him to this feeling. The only thing I say he shouldn't have done was his reply to the double-amputee vet who called him out. That said... He clearly feels like the USA (as a whole) doesn't respect/value him or anyone who looks like him. It's easy to get to this point or have those thoughts when you go through life, do everything positive, and you're still treated like second class citizen. Many understand that it's not everyone, but the feeling is understood.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

And people mad at an athelete

[​IMG]

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

8. DudeNY12

At the risk of sounding like a broken record... The bullshit (outrage) is totally selective.

9. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Well, you have to make sure never to use the R word. Silence is the best way to handle things. As a black person who endures oppression, it is important to be silent about it to make sure everyone feels comfortable.

[YOUTUBE]ZPDpcYEdiOg[/YOUTUBE]

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Try again. :toimonster:

[​IMG]

11. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

:smt043 :smt043

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Kind of like the BLM but not the "black-on-black" crime thingy?

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Ha! I was wondering if that was shopped. Posting to a Trump fan is the quickest way to find out. Thanks. lol

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I'm not a Trump fan. I'm seriously horrified at both candidates. We're doomed either way...Was nice knowing ya. :p

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I don't understand people that act as if those two are equals, they are not. Anyway my vote counts this is Florida Ill do my part trying to keep the dummy out of office. Hilary is not a good person but she does have a head on her shoulders and that's what we need.

You have soo much pride in the flag yet you are not voting....ok

16. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

Remember it's not black on black violence it's "gang violence."

17. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

They look for easy targets. If that black guy was the only not standing then this picture would of made headlines to incite outrage at and racist would of took their shot!

Just like the other athletes who also didn't put their hands over their heart
    [​IMG]

Since those wasn't nationally televised especially in primetime and she was the only one on her team not to do it. Racist people THOUGHT they saw an opening.

18. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

LOL at the people that think race is real. How's that Kool Aid?

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

She keeps voting for wars and is directly responsible for the Syrian carnage occurring.
    My Bernie vote was cheated out by HillBilly. I still could vote Green Party. Jill Stein is the truth but l doubt she will win.