NFL QB National Anthem Protest

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Aug 27, 2016.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Thought this was rather interesting...
    [​IMG]

As much as I appreciate the sacrifices and opinions of fellow veterans, I do feel rather annoyed when non-veterans use us to try to silence something they don't agree with. Reality is, some veterans agree and understand and some don't.

2. Addolorata

Addolorata Active Member

Im positive I read somewhere that the NFL does not require players to stand during national anthem. And isn't one of the supposed great things about this country is not standing if we dont want to? The jingoism here....it hurts
    [​IMG]

3. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

That meme :smt043 :smt043

4. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Exactly and to really act as though trump didn't say "I like those who didn't get captured" is intellectually dishonest.

5. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

They love using us as some tool. I'm a veteran and it doesn't overly bothers me (don't like it cause there's other ways) but I get it and I'm not going to condemn him for it.

What really funny is that these same people who are dissing him and BLM would be the same ones dissing mlk if they were back in the 60's

These are the same people (conservatives) called Obama a coward for using drones to kill terrorist and wanted soldiers to do it instead (that's so stupid) but aren't willing to join the military.

When a Vietnam veteran (Kenneth Chamberlain) was murdered by cops (they were recorded calling him a nigger. If I remember correctly they mocked him for serving in Vietnam) these two had nothing to say.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Why doesn't that spoiled little bratl protest further by also refusing to play American football? By also refusing to cash American checks? He said he has no pride for this country and the flag, then don't show pride in anything American. He should refuse to represent anything American and stop calling himself American. Protest against the country's oppression against him by doing that, too. Don't just stop at an American football game honoring America's national Anthem. Show some real balls.

7. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Because that spoil brat wants a better America. You got a bunch of spoiled brats who keep their goddamn mouth shut when people are being racist towards blacks. but the second this one says something he is spoiled.
    Try to see it from black people's point of view for once.

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

So did he create a better America by insulting the flag? Wouldn't making a better America be boycotting anything Ametucan like his American job or paycheck? Women are being raped and murdered and live oppressed lives in this country but he didn't say a peep. Women are not allowed to play the game his priveludged ass gets to play. Women are denied even coaching it. Try to look at it from women's point of view for once. :-?

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Nobody's stopping Oprah from creating a women's football league.

10. JamahlSharif

JamahlSharif Well-Known Member

Why can't someone protest as they see fit? I like the old addage, "what you eat, won't make me shit." If he felt he was justified, and that was the medium he chose to protest, more power to him if you ask me.

[​IMG]

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

She won't do it because it won't make money. Lol

12. JamahlSharif

JamahlSharif Well-Known Member

There's the WPFL, it just doesn't make money... but there is a league. Also, my cousin Janae was a strength and conditioning coach for the Seahawks :razz:

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Support your fellow women vote for Hillary and buy some tickets to watch a WPFL game for once. :smt042

14. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Is it a better flag when we ignore the problems of bad cops shooting black people?
    He brought attention to the problem, did he not?
    Addressing the problem is the first step in making beliefs in that flag actually true.

That flag represents the beliefs behind this country. It isn't the flag. It is the belief and when every man or woman are not seen as equal then there is a problem. I have no problems with you protesting about women's rights by not standing for the pledge of allegiance. I have women in my family. Half my DNA is from a woman. I have been dealing with women from Day 1. I even commented about how some NFL players should have been fired for spousal abuse and judges.

I don't want my sister being shot because she is black or my mother.

again, do you understand what it is like to be black in America?

edit: If you feel so strongly about these women rights, stop watching the NFL if you do, Bliss. You are not paid by them to my knowledge. You have no contracts. Guess what I don't watch it. Several reasons why.;) Stop Watching IT!!!!!! and if you have stopped watching it kudos!!!!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  15. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

Woah that is big pile of shit. That's like bigger than a human shit. Maybe I just take girl poops

16. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

I was under the impression a woman can play if she is indeed good enough to make the squad is that not true.

17. Rochiebabes86

Rochiebabes86 Well-Known Member

its crazy to me that people care this much about this guy. He's an athlete not a rhodes scholar. This is another strike against Twitter I think

feigned outrage is the lifeblood of social media

18. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I assume these are Iraq war vets.

We lie to so many young men in this country telling them they're going to be fighting to protect American freedom, when really they're just more raw meat added to the grinder of the American war machine and our out of control 'foreign policy'.

These guys aren't heroes. They're abuse victims.

[​IMG]

19. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Where are your numbers and stories to back that up. How many tried to play college and pro and or coach at those levels.

Blacks make up about 60-70 % of the NFL but you would be hard pressed to find a black head coach .

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Ouch!

What about black quarter backs? They letting us do that now? Or are they still pissed about Doug Williams?