NFL QB National Anthem Protest

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Aug 27, 2016.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

If you have no problem with Muhammad Ali, then you shouldn't have a problem with Kaeperknick. Ali was a rich black athlete who protested and refuse to go to war because of the racial injustices that was still the battle in the country. A lot of similarities here:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Many people now days praise Ali for his stance, but destroy Kaepernick for his. Ali was said to disrespect our military and country and was dragged through the mud after refusing to fight for his country, but as soon as Ali was able to fight again and was winning he won America's heart all over again. Which can be summed up as he went back to doing what they WANT out of of him which is entertain them and shut up. If Kaep goes on to have a great career after this it just goes to show the racial ignorance and insensitivity this country has for black people. It's like shut up and take it.

And again the people that are outraged over Kaepernick I really hope they aren't Ali fans, because at least stay true and don't be a hypocrite.

2. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Do what you want man. Shouldn't be mandatory to stand during the National Anthem. He's free to do what he wants and people are free to criticize him. While I'll stand and salute, I'm not going to shit on this man for not doing it.

4. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

Stand and not put your hand over your heart would have been better IMO. Agree to disagree without being disagreeable. Still shows respect but also that you aren't pledging allegiance. Now it's more about him and not why he did it.

That's my opinion anyway.

5. archangel

If it was about him, he wouldn't do it at all. You know how much backlash that he is getting for this. He wants so many people hating him on what he chose to do. He did it on purpose to make a point.

Look at Gabby Douglas... She got backlash for forgetting (I guess) People would have put that hate on him no matter what he did.:smt042

Folks just want to pretend that everything is ok when things are not in the USA.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

:smt023

7. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

They still pissed..lol

Spoiled? How is he spoiled? You act as though he was given the position and didn't earn it.
    Show me where I said the eagles? I said sports teams...I didn't say how many. Also 14 out of 32 still took money . So now you are saying they should all get a pass cause not all teams took money.

You get the side eye

8. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

The reality is that he isn't spoiled and he worked hard to get where he is. But, he is in a privileged position. He knows that, and used that privileged position to make a stand for those who don't have his privileges. I respect him for that. He did what he thought was right the way he knew best.

Every black athlete who spoke out against oppression got this...
    [​IMG]

And sometimes much worse. He sees a problem and is trying to bring more awareness the best way he knows how. It reminds me of Muhammad Ali. He was about similar things, and protested as well. The people approached it with the same negativity that I see in this thread (and worse). But, those same kinds of people also watched his iconic funeral fighting back tears. Makes you think a bit.

9. archangel

That is some ugliness to the third degree. Puts you tube comments to shame. Makes me respect him even more so. I thought it was bad but not that bad.

10. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Of course.

11. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

When you hide behind a computer screen, your real feelings come out. A lot of these people wouldn't care if we hang from a tree, they just can't do it to us in 2016.

12. archangel

[YOUTUBE]mJRp-XJnLCQ[/YOUTUBE]

Video of him making comments.

13. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

They love you when you entertainment them but don't dare open your mouth.

Now that's patriotic.

14. Rochiebabes86

Rochiebabes86 Well-Known Member

20-30 years ago there was hate mail and now it's hate tweets.. What cowardly, hateful, scumbags. So tough behind a keyboard

15. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Typical insecure white men :rolleyes:

16. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

It isn't just white men pulling that mess.

17. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Basically

18. JamahlSharif

JamahlSharif Well-Known Member

White America loves their black professional athletes, until they have an opinion. HILARIOUS! For all those who say "He went about it the wrong way"... please tell me what the "right way" would've been? No matter what this man said or did, he'd get the same reaction. Fuck people and their comfort zone. The point of protest is to make people uncomfortable to bring attention to issues that would be otherwise ignored.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

But that's so "divisive" and "unpatriotic" to bring attention to things that have no effect on the white members of our society.....

20. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Preach

I'm still waiting for someone to show us a better way smh