NFL QB National Anthem Protest

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

"I am not going to accept this NFL mega-million paycheck in a country that oppresses black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football paychecks and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.”
    - Colin Kaepernick

2. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

truth.

Say mad shit in a forum wouldn't bust a fucking grape face to face.

3. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

LOL. Really??

To be true to the struggle CK must divest himself from America completely??

People act like the NFL is paying him millions because they want to do him a favor.

Um, no.

Colin has a particular skillset less than 60 men in the country have and he's being paid accordingly to his ability.

For the record, Colin has been sitting on his ass during the National Anthem for at least a couple years, the thing is before no one really was paying attention.

What Kaepernick and others are trying to do is almost an impossible task, trying to reform our law enforcement and criminal justice system from the outside.

If they ever were successful, we indeed would have a much better country.

See how our allies police and prosecute their citizens, then ask yourself why the United States treats criminal suspects like a foreign hostile enemy in a war zone???

THank God for the proliferation of cell phone cameras, because if we didn't have them 75% of the country would not believe police officers ROUTINELY murder unarmed young Black men in cold blood.

Bliss, why do I think in 1968 you would have been one of those calling for Ali to be sent to prison forever because he was a traitor for conscientiously objecting to fight in Vietnam??

Just because you want to see this country change and improve doesn't mean you HATE America.

What do people think, "..in order to form a more perfect union..," in the Constitution means??

More perfect = continually improve. Get better and move past the mistakes of the past.

4. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Would you say the same if he worked at Mcdonald's and didn't stand for the anthem? I ask, because it seems as though your issue is more about the money he makes than the issues he is attempting to address.

The position he holds within the NFL is a product of his hard word, dedication, and talent. Something that few have. I've seen you post plenty of photos of white veterans (as if white people experience the military and or the U.S. the same way black people do), to show your outrage. Yet, it seems you won't listen to the opinions of black veterans in this thread. Is there a reason for this? I am only asking because I thought it was a little strange. I may be wrong about this, but it seems like you only respect the opinions of veterans who agree with you.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Careful. Min wage law might be considered a privilege.

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice all this bullshit about respecting the flag and the anthem is usually coming from one people.
    Some people act is if everything we do is somehow a favor they did for us. Funny how playing football is a privilege when they don't like what we do but a job for everyone else as if owners aren't making dividends on those multimillion dollar contracts.
    Like cops are doing us a favor by actually policing and doing their jobs properly. They get paid a damn salary they aren't doing any of this out of kindness.
    They aren't teachers using their own money to pay for supplies yet it's funny how no one has a problem saying when a teacher does a shit job but for some reason unless we just take the bullshit we're being ungrateful and unpatriotic. Funny how when motherfuckas like Cliven Bundy point guns at the cops standing up for "their rights" it's patriotic but God forbid anyone says the cops should stop murdering us.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

He said he does not honor this country and has no pride for it. Really? So he has no pride for the Constitution which Americans fought and died for, for his very Right to protest. Looks like he proudly loves that cherry-picked America(n) Right.
    I'm holding him to his complete word because has no pride for this Country. Why perform for this Country then?

He indeed has and does stand, this is the first time he didn't and he gave reporters the heads up. Where did you get the erroneous "for the record" information that he has been sitting for years??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spare me the tough QB job crying. It's the most protected position next to the kicker. Ever been to a training camp? They are not to be touched. Ever. Red Jersey privelidge.

He's a hypocrite. Protest the people you have the issue with. Why protest the Country's honored flag?

As for Ali how disgraceful you would even suggest l would want him jailed - and to even compare him to Colin.
    Ali was DRAFTED to go KILL a yellow man he said had done nothing to him. Are you seriously comparing a protected privelidged QB in a helmet and pads who takes 6 steps to throw a pig-skinned ball while burly men protect him, to Ali?? GTFO.

8. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

I don't agree with him or like the way he did it but damn I admire him for having enough courage to stand up for what he believes in. Good on him

I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It

- Voltaire?

I was wrong for saying he should be out of the league (knee jerk reaction) he has a right to free speech as anyone else.

Still think he should stand but not cross his heart to show respect but not allegiance.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Do you know what gave him that Right? This Country's Constitution. The one he has no pride for. His method is oxymoronic.

10. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

Yep and it sucks but it's also my right and everyone else who agrees with me to call him a fucking dumbass that he is.

11. The Dark King

If you're such a fan of the constitution why does him exercising his free speech bother you. Should his speech be free only when you agree?
    And he plays for a private organization don't let the National in NFL cool you. They're about as National as the Federal reserve is federal.

12. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

You make sure when YOU Hear something from some white folks you don't like that you don't whine like a bitch.

13. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

That's true about being a technical private organization. As far as the outrage goes... I find that everyone is a patriot until it comes time to serve in the military (or in combat for that matter). I take civilian opinions on patriotism with a grain of salt. That's the same grain of salt I take when I hear white veterans getting angry with black people as if I (and many others) didn't get called nigger throughout my career (and worse). It is what it is.

14. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Ohhhhhhhh...!

Somebody just put Eva Braun on the spot.

15. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

....you won...you beat Eva Braun.

16. The Dark King

Well I don't think the only way to be a patriot is to serve in the military. Not everyone is able nor should they have to be. I work I create revenue that funds the military have I not done my duty?

17. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

i agree with that though military folk won't I'm sure

18. The Dark King

I never whine like a bitch as you say I call out bullshit especially bullshit actions. And I doubt you can point to a single post where I "whine" about something some said.

19. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

I didn't say you did I just said make sure you don't. Cause when shit happen like don imus people immediately called for his resignation. I know there are other examples just saying.

20. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

While I don't advocate disrespecting the flag and country, it is his right. I get why Kaepernick would feel the way he does. Very often it's tough and frustrating to live in non-white skin. It's easy to criticize him, but again.... He has to live in that skin. It would be like me minimizing the painfully obvious troubles women are forced to endure in a man's world, including criticizing them when they speak out about the unfair treatment.