NFL QB National Anthem Protest

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I'm quite aware he plays for a private Corporation, does it even need to be said?

I'm a huge fan of the Constitution..My issue is he should be applauding it instead of being ashamed of it. That it's oxymoronic to use the benefit of America's free speech to decry it. It takes ZERO BALLS to sit in protest to cry that you have ZERO PRIDE for your country because of Black Oppression. Pfft...it's damn near lazy. Courage and Balls is STANDing UP and walking away from the most popular American sport in pride-less America, to go join the frontlines of the BLM, and donate the rest of your American contract funds. Now that's putting your money where your mouth is. Attack the source, don't blame Old Glory.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

The NFL isn't the source it's a platform he can ubring awareness. And boy do I love it when someone who doesn't have to feel or deal with the oppression dictate how the oppressed should behave. So should I quit my job if I protest against how racist this country can be? Maybe every woman who has a problem with sexual harassment should leave their male dominated jobs and just start all female companies. Does that make sense?

3. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I completely agree, not everyone is able bodied and not everyone is cut out for it. However, my comment is in reference to people who like to post pics of disabled veterans to express their impotent rage and their "extreme patriotism". Patriotism that is so extreme that they somehow forgot to get in shape and serve in the military. You can still love the country and still work for it outside of the military, but I hate it when people act like they are so outraged at the slightest unpatriotic thing, when they failed to do one of the most patriotic things.

4. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

Crap another point

I'm truly torn on this for real. Like I said before, this issue isn't even about the movement at the moment it's about what he did.

5. The Dark King

Ok fair enough.

6. meowkittenmeow

Courage and balls comes in many forms. I have both. And having the courage and balls to come forward knowing full well that it will affect future endorsements and more is serious fucking courage and balls. Some people just won't be happy unless a black man standing up for himself loses everything he has worked for in the process.

He doesn't have to join the front lines of BLM any more than most of you have to join the front lines in combat. People need to quit with this bullshit. I swear, if a brother stands up for himself people want the most extremely bad things to happen to him and if it doesn't then somehow he is a coward.

7. The Dark King

Can someone rep this man I'm all out

Such a well made point. It's like you can't express disappointment without giving up everything. This weird ass all or nothing policy.

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

It gets minimilized and shut down ad-nauseam on this board. The Penn State rape victim was just called a liar and "lying WHORE" by several male board members and he was dann near co-signed.
    Women constantly get talked shit about and you know what...it's all ok here.
    People like the Mexican, white and black woman hater FlamingHitler would like nothing less than to see women subjugated so he can have his Patriarchal world dominance and no one barely says a thing.

9. The Dark King

Did you read the transcripts for that case? Quite interesting

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

It's a platform if he was speaking about the behaviour of the NFL and it's players. But that's not what he said .he said he has zero pride for this country. Disrespecting the flag and country isn't a platform. .
    Do you have pride in your country and flag?

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

You bet l did and l have some for that thread. Don't suppose you caught his recent Ebony interview..he's almost itching to get it off his conscious.

12. The Dark King

No gonna check it out.
    I think he knows it was less than kosher and I'm sure her suicide didn't help but she even said herself she wasn't forced into anything. I honestly think they all drank too much and did shit none of them would have done sober. The maIn reason I don't think hes a rapist is they usually have a compulsion that never stops at one person so I would expect more people to come forward and I know it's hard for you to see this pov but he was a young black kid in PA with a mostly white jury and they acquitted him. If he really did it his ass would be serving the maximum.

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Whatt endoresements? Future earnings? He waited until he was crap before "sitting down". Oppression isn't new. Where was his hate for America in the name of oppression last year. The year before? Last week?

He could have worn a BLM jersey instead of his 7. More people probably would have understood. Why insult the whole country and anthem and flag? It's been great to him. If he has an issue with cops, then be a man, get your balls in hand and go take them on. Like l said.. No balls.

14. The Dark King

He just made himself a public target

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

His school of thought was that unless a woman actually "tells you no", then it's on.
    He wasn't drunk. She was. Read the testimony...the other guy who took off said he knew what was going down in that room was wrong. She was lifeless. She testified she woke to find Nate inside her, passed out and then woke with his friend all in her. The phone transcript show Nate said only he had sex with her, so she faked a pregnancy story with police aware to get Nate to admit Celeste took part. I'll put it in the other thread soon.

16. meowkittenmeow

One, I find it amusing that you would tell someone to be a man as if you have any idea what it means to be a man, let alone a black man. Two, that is a very sexist statement for someone who was talking about what women face a few pages back. Three, although you are entitled to your opinion on the matter, it comes across as faux patriotism as you are so willing to post about the issues white veterans have with what he did, but won't listen to the two or three black veterans that have no issue with what he did. Four, future endorsements and current endorsements aside, he did it this year and not previously because that is what he chose. I am sure he struggled with it, but made the decision this year.

And my final comment...

You have used disabled veterans, women's issues, and more in an attempt to derail what this man has done, and the courage it took. You have tone policed him and informed us that he should have done it in the way you see fit. This is nothing new. They have done this to most every black man in the public eye who stood up for himself. Such things happened to me every time I stood up for myself for being called a nigger and the many worse things that I am not entirely sure I can say on this forum.

In regards to you tone policing this man and your derailing and love of feminism...

http://everydayfeminism.com/2015/12/tone-policing-and-privilege/

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Do you think he could have found a better more United way to get his message across? This country has been amazing to him. When he was abandoned at birth, an American couple stepped in and raised that unwanted child as their own. America's schools and colleges were there for him. The NFL gave him a life others only dream about. Why have no pride for his country? It makes no sense to me. He has the privilege of a Mic and reporter whenever he wants it..all he has to do is make one call and he can protest whatever he has the issue with. But no pride for this country after all its given him is disgraceful.

18. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

That's the problem, racism isn't having an effect on those white people in this country like it is with people of other races especially black so there is no cause for them to have sympathy. It's the same thing with children being killed in the middle east versus children being killed in america. Ignorance on racism is very obvious, they don't understand that racism is institutionalized and codified. Many stay on the surface and in the shallows of racism, because they are too ignorant and too insensitive to handle the deep... the history, corruption, conditioning, psychology and the psuedoscience of racism against black people (especially in this country). Most people don't even know who Arthur de Gobineau is. They know they can't handle the depths of racism especially in this country. They don't have the heart or intelligence for it.

Patriotism, like racism, like greed is destroying human compassion.

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I never posted what "White veterans" have, what are you talking about? So you think it's a Black versus White Veteran issue? Spare me.
    Oh ok...here then..whatever.

"...The NFL issued a statement that said players are encouraged but not required to stand for the national anthem. Hmm, this is the same NFL that refused to allow the Dallas Cowboys to wear a helmet decal in honor of the fallen Dallas Police officers gunned down on Thursday July 7th.

This is the same NFL that said nothing when players from the then- St. Louis Rams displayed the false narrative symbol of “hands up, dont shoot” — which we know didn’t happen. I find it rather interesting that the NFL has no issue disrespecting law enforcement officers but only “encourages” players to respect the symbol of our nation, the American flag, and our anthem, the Star Spangled Banner.

Mr. Kaepernick, a biracial young man adopted and raised by white parents, claims America is oppressing blacks at a time when we have a black, biracial president who was twice elected. We’ve had two black attorneys general and currently have a black secretary of homeland security, along with a black national security advisor. Here in Dallas our police chief, whom I know, is an outstanding black leader. The officer in Milwaukee who shot the armed assailant after issuing an order to drop his weapon was black. Is Mr. Kaepernick following suit and cherry-picking what he terms “oppression?”

First of all, let me clarify to you sir, you are a multi-millionaire “one-percenter” just because you can throw a ball and kiss your biceps.
    Men like Jesse Owens, Jackie Robinson, Hank Aaron, Oscar Robertson, Ernie Davis, and Bernard King and Condredge Halloway of my alma mater were athletes who knew of oppression. You sir may certainly have the right to sit upon your “fourth point of contact” when the National Anthem is played but never forget, you live in a nation that has provided you the privilege to have that right.

My story is one I wish to share. My dad was a corporal in the U.S. Army and served during World War II. He was born in 1920 and knew oppression. Yet, when he sat me down on the steps of our home, 651 Kennesaw Ave NE in Atlanta, he shared with me that there was no greater honor or privilege, than to wear the uniform of these United States.

Perhaps that ‘s why his first and middle sons, along with his grandson, are all U.S. combat veterans, just like Dad. Herman West Sr. was not a victim, and he raised men who would never allow anyone to suppress or oppress them. Perhaps you should stop trying to make victims and admonish people, black people, to be victors — try it, and you may find that more satisfying than your insidious action and word vomiting.

If you want to know about oppression of blacks in America, past and present, how about you ask Rep. Nancy Pelosi of the San Fran Bay Area about the policies that decimated the black family? Maybe you can cross the Bay over to Oakland and ask Rep. Barbara Lee about the 13 to15 million black babies killed since 1973, and ask her who is Margaret Sanger?

Or perhaps you can ask the two California senators, Boxer and Feinstein, about who doesn’t support better education opportunities for black children in the inner cities — school choice, vouchers, charter schools, home schooling.

Perhaps you didn’t know Barack Obama was the one who cancelled the DC school voucher program for deserving young black children — talk about oppression. Is that something you’re willing to do, or is it just too difficult?

You should look at who’s been controlling the communities and cities where blacks live. This isn’t not about what America has done; it’s about what a certain group, a political party has done. And your somewhat backhanded comment towards our law enforcement officers — well, wonder how many times San Francisco PD has protected you?...
    ..You should take that stand and apologize to all of those who are currently serving in our Armed Forces and those veterans who’ve been willing to make that last full measure of devotion. You see, when the National Anthem is played, it has a very special meaning to us — maybe you should take a hiatus and go over to Helmand Province in Afghanistan and spend a week and understand why. Go over and throw a football with the men and women who enable you to earn those millions of dollars.

The American flag has a very touching meaning for those of us for whom it will drape our coffin — as it was for my Dad…and it will be for me. That song defines who we are as a proud and exceptional people. This is a land where so many dream of coming to and earning the title of American. Your actions were shameful, disgusting, despicable and disrespectful.
    You do have a right and a freedom of expression. But know, there are consequences to your ignorant action, which is what it was.
    When the National Anthem is played, I salute because I am a black man born and raised in the inner city afforded the opportunity for greatness in my own right...

- Allen West

Allen West was born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia in the same neighborhood where Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. once preached. He is the third of four generations of military servicemen in his family.

During his 22 year career in the United States Army, Lieutenant Colonel West served in several combat zones: in Operation Desert Storm, in Operation Iraqi Freedom, where he was a Battalion Commander in the Army’s 4th Infantry Division, and later in Afghanistan.
    http://www.allenbwest.com/allen/message-non-oppressed-black-man-colin-kaepernick

20. meowkittenmeow

It's Faux-patriotism. More than anything, it's white supremacy. It's, "do it nicer and make white people feel comfortable or else". It's "don't you dare have an opinion about those who oppress you or they may get upset". That's all it is. The same thing Ali had to deal with and so many others.

LOL, people love to talk about how great things are while simultaneously ignoring the fact that they are the incarnations of the white supremacy before them.