NO EXCUSES!!!!

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by The Dark King, Nov 7, 2011.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Amen sister. At 2 am in the morning I had to write down and re-evaluate my goals. I know what I want to really do and I just have to stop being a coward about it.

2. Athena

Athena New Member

That is awesome!

3. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

What the amazon goddess said

4. The Dark King

I adore you both

5. swirlman07

swirlman07 Well-Known Member

Age really is just a number

Many kudos to this gentleman. I'd like to consider myself a slightly younger version of him. I won my state's bodybuilding title for my age group last year. This year I decided to do some power-lifting, something that I'd done when I was younger. I competed in a contest in March and set the state record for my age group with a 485 lb. dead-lift. I gave the weight for my next attempt and didn't realize the wrong weight was added until I got on the platform. They announced that I was about to attempt a 3 X body weight dead-lift at 540 lbs. I decided, what the heck, and went for it. I pulled it easily for a new American record. I decided to try go for something heavier on my third lift, 560 lbs. I again made the lift, breaking the record I'd just set and increasing the American record. There was only one guy who lifted more than me in the entire contest. He was 20 years younger, weighed more than 20 lbs. more than me, and wore a very supportive suit and very tight knee wraps, as apposed to my raw lift, with only a weight belt. By the way, no one in my age group, in a drug free contest, pulled as heavy a "raw" dead-lift at any weight, including guys weighing a 100 pounds more than me. Even though my new record is already a world record in some federations, I plan to compete in July and break the world's record in this federation as well. I'll be attempting a lift of at least 620 lbs., at a body weight of 181 lbs.

6. The Dark King

That's incredible. Respect

7. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  8. The Dark King

9. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Lol. Thank you hun!!!!! Much appreciated!

10. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

11. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    There you go again, teasing me with peek-a-boo shots of those calves of yours...

12. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Well, go be fair.. Calf. Tihi!
    The other one had already shrunk:(

13. The Dark King

How long do you do the ropes for?

14. orejon4

I'm not worried. I know you'll have it in top form in no time. Looking good! :cool:

15. FG

FG Well-Known Member

That was a 10 min circuit of ropes, sit-ups w a 12 lb medicine ball and 14 kilo kettlebell jerks, sitting, left and right, 30 sec each. Seems easy, but man, its taxing. The ropes were surprisingly harder to do sitting down as you take out the strongest part of the equation. Didn't expect that. This was at the end of the 1 h work out doing similar stype stations with 20 sec rest between sets. Go through one of each station, no rest, then 20 sec rest. That's why I look like I'm ready to fall of the chair. Lol even sitting down, you can cram thenshit outta the workout.
    I sure hope so, it really schrunk in the 2 weeks:(

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  16. orejon4

Your fan club waits in anticipation... ;-)

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

How exactly did you break your foot, woman?? who's balls did you kick/destroy?? :eek:

Mad props to you for keeping to your workouts, though. :smt023

18. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I walked on a perfectly flat surface! No joke. Didn't pass walking 101.

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

And it just broke on it's own?? Or did you twist it/stub it/catch it?

How frightening if the former. My bff was just walking and her knee gave out (slim woman), and as a result, 3 surgeries including a knee replacement. Scares the ish out of me.

20. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Lol. No it didn't break on its own. I'm not 90:) My foot got stuck, I fell forward and my foot did not come with me. I have not capped off the entrance to my kitchen where I laid tile so there is a half inch change in height. Apparently, there is a lip there that my slipper sole fits perfectly under. Perfect to lock your foot down.