NO EXCUSES!!!!

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by The Dark King, Nov 7, 2011.

1. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Lobbying the state legislature and finishing last year of law school.

2. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

How?! Long distance?

3. orejon4

Hahaha, no. 3 days of class, 2 days of work. The two towns are only 100 miles apart. Like driving from Miami to Fort Myers.

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Magic mike obviously

5. orejon4

Bwahahaha...yeah right...if a gut hanging over my belt is the main attraction of my dance routine.

6. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

:confused:

7. free816

free816 New Member

Vacation every June in ft Myers man i could move and live there

8. orejon4

I'm a governmental affairs consultant, so I only attend the legislature when I have committee hearings or client meetings. The rest of the time I have my head in the law books. Graduating this summer.

Yeah, I have family in the region. Love it, especially a little beachfront spot called Pierside. Best conch and alligator tail ever.

9. wwwwww

wwwwww New Member

I stopped my fast on day 39.
    Now I'm eating salads and have increased the intensity and duration of the gym sessions.
    I'd like to go low-carb but I am in Germany and the choice here is pretty limited.
    I have included a couple of before and after pics.
    I have not yet reached my goal yet.
    I probably have another 10 to 20 lbs to lose.

Before
    before1.jpg
    before2.jpg

After
    after1.jpg
    after2.jpg

10. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

You look great! Have you explored Paleo or Primal food plans? They're very similar and feature grain-free, clean eating.

11. wwwwww

wwwwww New Member

No I haven't but I will have a look at them.
    Thanks.

12. Gemini74

Gemini74 Well-Known Member

congratulation, this is a great result. i hope you ll be able to keep it :freehug:

13. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Google Whole30. I think it might be an ideal way to ease back into eating solid foods.

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

My dude I respect the work. Great job

15. The Dark King

Are doing this Ches? How do you feel energy wise?

16. wwwwww

wwwwww New Member

Thanks DK.

17. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Wow! Great motivation! Hard work and discipline pays OFFF!

18. The Dark King

During the 39 days how much weight did you lose in total?

19. wwwwww

wwwwww New Member

I don't know. I didn't weigh myself.
    Probably between 30 and 35lbs.

20. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I quit after 23 days because I wasn't seeing any of the results that I wanted. However, I still believe in it and follow most of the Paleo principles. Crossfit folks usually eat Paleo. Whole30 is a strict Paleo challenge to find out what your body may struggle with. Go to their website - they have a timeline of what you can expect mood/energy wise. If I was feeling hungry I incorporated more fat - avocado, coconut oil, etc. or carbs in the form of sweet potatoes or frozen fruit with coconut butter drizzled over. There are some great FB support groups that I've joined. I really want to go grain free and stay grain free. They give me acid reflux. But it's hard.

Also, I can't afford to eat grass fed, pastured and organic products, but I did the best I could. Made my own ghee, mayo, salad dressing, etc.