NO EXCUSES!!!!

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by The Dark King, Nov 7, 2011.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lots of it too

2. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Sugar and carbs are my downfall. I could live on bread. Breakfast, lunch & dinner. Throw in a donut or cookie every once in a while and Im set lol. True story.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Doing a 21 day cleanse you should join me

4. goodlove

goodlove New Member

My butt wouldnt last 21 minutes.....

5. The Dark King

You can probably do better than you think

6. RaiderLL

I've never met a cleanse that was actually healthy. Granted I've only looked in to like 2 lol, but still...

Honestly Id never last. When I'm hungry, I'm staaaarving and if I don't eat I get grouchy (like really grouchy). To me it's all about moderation. I've successfully kept the weight off for years by living those words.

When you starting your cleanse?

7. The Dark King

Tomorrow mixing it with intermittent fasting to deal with the hunger issue.
    Truthfully all ot is is just no simple carbs, no sugar, no artificial sweetners (stevia is ok), and drinking 3 liters of water a day.
    I'm choosing the intermittent fasting because it gives a window to each as much as I want so I can combat the hunger feelinh. We need to retrain our bodies and minds. Hunger shouldn't feel like starvation that's the chemical dependency.

8. RaiderLL

Just please be healthy about this. I love that you're retraining your body and mind but always be mindful not to do more harm than good. Fasting, juicing, cleansing, all seems so unnecessary to me. You know the right foods to eat, you know the right amnt of exercise to take in. It's really simple. The hype around some of these cleanses is frightening. It's just not my thing love. You're doing so well, I wish you nothing but healthy success :freehug:

9. The Dark King

What kind of harm are you talking?

10. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Ok...u rite. 23 minutes....lol

11. The Dark King

[YOUTUBE]Machine Flies 315 lbs 12 reps:zOPXuxNfU0Y[/YOUTUBE]

12. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

I am on day 13 of whole30 and I have to say it's been pretty easy incorporating all healthy foods and getting rid of all the crap in my diet

the hardest thing for me was drinking coffee without the cream but I've been using coconut milk and cinnamon as a vice
    and it's OK

but other than that I've been seeing good results. I had my blood pressure taken yesterday and it's already gone down quite a bit

My energy level seems better but the first week was a bit difficult

I know I'm not supposed to weigh myself but I have never lost a little over 6 pounds in less than two weeks I'm also drinking a lot more water that's all I really drink except for my morning coffee

I have found so many different ways to make awesome recipes and I've really enjoyed the food

13. The Dark King

Very nice
    Keep working homie
    I admire your discipline

14. Cherok33

Thank you honey <3

I've been sick for the past few days with strep and I really wanted some ice cream because my throat hurts so much so instead of ice cream I made my own with coconut milk frozen bananas and cinnamon

15. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

That awesome! Glad to hear. I was reminding a co-worker last week to simply find what works for her, but to go about it in a healthy way. I hope you're feeling better from being under the weather.

I have to admit that I'm skiiping the gym again today as I just didn't want to venture out this AM as the temp was 10F. Tomorrow is another day (and warmer:)

16. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I made it to day 22 of a Whole 30 and just gave up because I wasn't seeing ANY of the benefits that so many other people saw. I still eat mostly Paleo though. I need to incorporate more veggies - like, just make some all-veggie meals. I already don't drink, I mostly eliminate grains, especially wheat, but I like cheese and butter and sweets (chocolate) are still a problem.

I put coconut milk in my Chai tea to give it a little more substance and I've whipped it for a topping on fruit. I also like melted coconut butter over frozen fruit. That's how I kept my sweet cravings at bay after lunch.

I may do another one soon. Everyone in my FB Paleo group said I just needed to do it longer than 30 days because if I was already eating fairly healthy, it might take longer to see the changes.

Good luck with the W30! Hope you have great success with it.

17. The Dark King

Don't be a wuss do at least 100 push ups 100 jumping Jacks a hundred squats and a 100 sit ups.
    No burpees this time you're welcome lol

18. SmoothDaddy101

SmoothDaddy101 Well-Known Member

Basic cardio and weight training along with a clean-as-possible diet. We'll see the results when Summer comes.

19. The Dark King

Get it young boy get it

20. Cherok33

Thanks Ches!

Yeah it's hard for me not to want to pull out the scale to see if I've lost any weight because they tell you to throw it away and not weigh yourself for 30 days

I have noticed several small changes like in my skin my hair and now my blood pressure not to mention a small success of weight loss I hope that I can push through and at least two whole 30 for about six months that should get me exactly where I want to be, coupled with a good workout routine

It sounds like you're doing great already so I definitely recommend you stick it out and try one more time! From everything that I have read on their website it does seem that some may take a little bit longer to realize the health benefits and changes in their body and if you're already eating fairly healthy on the Paleo diet, you're more than halfway there!