NO EXCUSES!!!!

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by The Dark King, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Nikkers

Nikkers Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Likely I won't leave this up long.... but here's a "real" picture, I took from my cousin's facebook with his permission. Seen the progress over the last few months, 125 pounds in 8 1/2 months.

I grew up with him and don't remember ever seeing him with muscle... only fat. Now look... If he can, the rest of us realllllllllllly have no excuse at all. :)

2. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

Wow Nicole. What things did he change? That is amazing good for him.

3. Nikkers

Nikkers Well-Known Member

p90x, started actually watching what he ate/made better food decisions.
    Don't remember what else, but he's always talking about p90x and the food.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Indeed.

5. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

I thought in my head that when I saw. It must be a kick ass program because the before and afters I see of folks, they have just transformed their bodies.

6. Athena

Athena New Member

Nic, that is fantastic, good for him!!!

P90X is killer - amazing workouts and solid nutrition advice. I own the program and nearly died when I first started doing it. I stepped down to P90 instead and lost a bunch of inches and feel so great. I'll do P90X next :)

7. The Dark King

God I Love This Clip

[YOUTUBE]7YkbgvRMpW0[/YOUTUBE]

8. The Dark King

P90X Works

[YOUTUBE]BLxLuirbZc4[/YOUTUBE]

Love that they did this as a family
    [YOUTUBE]XnuTOAOoWJM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Qk-FhorD9dM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]xCI7k4sZqsA[/YOUTUBE]

9. The Dark King

For all those who study the arts

[YOUTUBE]RrlVg48-f94[/YOUTUBE]

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

i'll see that, and raise you a throwback to Mas Oyama

[YOUTUBE]pNZHKHelFLw[/YOUTUBE]

we used to get whacked with bamboo back in the 90s with TKD

think this generation has gotten soft....fucking McDojos trying to get as many warriors..errr....customers as they can

11. The Dark King

Dude that's my style thanks a lot for posting. One my resolutions is to continue and finish my black belt training. The true kyokashinkai and Oyama schools don't do that McDonald's style martial arts where its all about money and no martial arts instruction or conditioning. I've told friends for years when I was growing our classes were two hours long with no breaks and it was on hardwood floors in a gym with no pads and were a fucking problem. So happy I returned and plan on keeping this and judo as a part of my life again.

Only problem I had was with the first dude. Disgraceful technique for someone so advanced.

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

getting a black belt probably won't net you a lot of money in the long run (or have the same pull in the job market as a Masters degree), but it definitely brings a sense of accomplishment just to achieve it (face it, not everyone is cut out to reach that level of training). Some people think the belt system is a money-making scam, to get people to pay for belts and testing fees. While that may be true, it's also a way to keep you motivated and working towards mastery of an art.

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

figured someone would mention that.

those guys were probably well into their training session when the clip started. When you're tired like that, technique starts to go out the window. His legs were pushing more than snapping because he was tired. Training like that is good tho. It helps you build on your technique while you're gassed, which makes your technique wicked when you're not.

14. The Dark King

In our system at least in my area tests are 150 and dues are 900 a year which to me ain't that bad. The black belt test runs about 500 to a 1000 depending on what degree you for. Anything above third degree is free and should be they've earned it.

You know what you'd be surprised by what doors are opened by your interest. I got my job at State Farm when I was in grad the first time because I use to teach chess to 1st to 5th graders and one kid was absolutely phenomenal but was only 8. People would come to watch him and play or stay and watch him play when they picked up their kids so it would lead to a lot of conversations about the game. A lot of people are very impressed if you know how to play chess well. At the time I was 26 and considered a kid and everyone thought I was too intelligent to be doing that for a living so one of the parents asked me what I was studying and another knew a guy at state farm looking for young motivated accountants and the rest was history. Which really lends to the old saying its who you know not what you know that gets you ahead most of the times.

So while a martial arts education might not seem that impressive to those who don't do it but respect it or do it and respect your dedication and discipline and talent in the art if it surpasses their own they are always willing to help for some reason.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

What an inspiring thread, DK!:smt023

Athena or anyone, is there a food program that goes along with it, or is it just the program's regiment that is responsible for the extreme transformations I'm witnessing? I'm tempted to look into this -

16. The Dark King

Thanks Kuno.

I'm doing it right now and they recommend shakeology which I love so far. They also have a more detailed foos program but I personally like low carb and high protein and lots of water. Absolutely no soda diet or otherwise. That shit is the devil.

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

i drink soda a few times each year, i kid you not

too much acid for my aging body

funny thing is growing up, soda was like KING

18. The Dark King

Gives me acid reflux and makes me bloated like I'm pregnant lol. The taste ain't worth the adverse affects.
    Water and wine and coconut juice and almond milk are the only liquids I drink now.

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

yeah i think that's what happens to me too

i drink water or gatorade

if i need to go all out, i get some club soda from 7 Eleven

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Thanks mate, appreciate the tip. I looked into Shakeology- bit pricey - but if it works, may be worth it....is it working for you? Do you feel deprived? I like what the drink contains...I rarely drink soda, too.