NO EXCUSES!!!!

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by The Dark King, Nov 7, 2011.

1. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

Diet soda has been show to make you gain weight. Never drink that stuff. It has poison in it. Drink the real thing or go home.

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

this coming from miss cheesecake brownie

:p

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

No I don't feel deprived especially if you keep it ice cold. The more ice the better for me. But its usually a pre workout and post workout drink and lunch but then I have other kinds of shakes for snacks. I'm noticing the big key to losing weight is to eat enough, never deprive yourself too much or the metabolism shuts down. I have to actually force myself to get to 2000 calories but the results are worth it so far. Especially performance wise. Just a month into p90x and I lift much heavier weights and for more reps at the gym, in fact I'm back to benching 305 doing flies with 60 each(the highest you can go at planet fitness unfortunately) and cable tricep extensions at 100. Not petty numbers of course but a vast improvement for me lol.

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

you need to go to a meathead gym if you want to get your Herc' on

my bench only supports 310lbs on the weight rack, and 50 each arm with the flies

who are they building this shit for, really?

where can I get the real joint?

5. JordanC

Chocolate is an antioxidant and cheesecake has calcium. What good is diet soda??

6. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

nutrition 101 with dr spanky....

7. JordanC

You know it sister.........er I mean dude. :p

8. wtarshi

:smt042:smt042

that's dudette to you

9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

At the expensive ass 80 dollar a month gyms. I use to go to those when I lived at home. I seriously miss that shit. The women were fucking gorgeous. Another reason why being in shape and having your money on point is important. The perks are unbelievable

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I'm impressed. Very infectious dedication you're exuding.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Some more inspiration....

'All about killing it in the gym!' Craig David tweets about his obsessively healthy start to the year and works up a sweat on the beach

By J J Anisiobi

[​IMG]

He used to sing about how he would romance a girl during the course of one week.

These days, however, Craig David, is more concerned with maintaining his ripped physique and getting the best out of his body.

The Rewind singer has posted messages on his Twitter page everyday of the year so far about his aspirations to kick start the new year in great shape.

[​IMG]
    The 30-year-old was seen training hard on a Miami beach yesterday and the fruits of his labour were already apparent.

Wearing nothing more than a pair of black Adidas shorts and some matching footwear, he sweated his through a grueling workout.

With only his own body weight to fight against, Craig worked on his shoulders and upper back by pulling some elasticated bands.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The results of healthy lifestyle have been helped by an equally healthy diet and the former garage star posted a picture of a typical meal that eats after a tough session.

He said: '"@VeeksP: @CraigDavid what is that?" Sea bass, spinach, broccoli & baked sweet potatoe. #cleanfoodperiod.'

The gym obsessed tweets kept on coming with David posting more and more affirmative statements.

He said: '1st Day work out diary of 2012! #I'minthebuildingandimfeelingmyself.

'All about killing it in the gym and recording a smash in the studio!! #leggoooooo,' he added.

Craig has not had a top ten hit in the UK since Hot Stuff (Let's Dance) charted at number seven but he is positive that he is in for a good year of music success.

He tweeted: 'Let's make this an epic year and create some magic in the studio as I'm more than ready! #beenlongenough.'

To see more pics of him working out.....
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...art-year-works-sweat-beach.html#ixzz1iureBQXF

*ps: Oh yeah, he loves WW, too! :D

[​IMG]

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

13. swirlman07

swirlman07 Well-Known Member

I was with you regarding chocolate, especially real chocolate and not candy bars. Chocolate has been shown to reduce blood pressure, enhance the good cholesterol and aid in the problem with free radicals. I eat a bit of organic 100% chocolate, 70% cocoa, every day. As for cheesecake, tsk, tsk, there're far better and much healthier ways of getting your intake of calcium.

As for sodas, there're all bad. The regular soda gets you with sugar and acid. The diet soda gets you with the acid and its effect on the brain, it makes you crave food. I'll never forget my dentist showing me x-rays of a 17 year old high school student who drank those 7/11 Big Gulps every day for a few years. He basically replaced all of his teeth with implants...

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Ever tried carob powder? (u prob have).
    I like to mix it with avocado and water, then add it on top of frozen bananas, which I've run through my homogenizer. (it's like "chocolate topped ice-cream")

15. wtarshi

lol...that sounds sooooo wrong...!!! carob, avocado, water and banana's. i'm almost tempted to try it

almost

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Oh go on, try. My sister was the "chef" at a raw food sanctuary and I worked there for 2 weeks with her. This was our dessert we'd make. It's delicious. I have a Champion Juicer that has a homogenize attachment- its the best way to eat the frozen bananas..comes out like ice cream. I blender the carob.

You can throw some raisins on top, too...you know, go all out, lol.

17. swirlman07

When I was a vegetarian for a decade I used carob powder as a substitute for chocolate in various recipes. Now, as someone who doesn't eat red meat, I do eat real chocolate, specifically because of its beneficial effects. It's all about moderation. I don't eat it as a treat as much as part of my diet regiment, though I've grown to enjoy a small amount of a daily basis. It's part of my pre-workout snack that includes yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, sunflower seeds and walnuts.

I also subscribe to the theory that the best diet is a healthy diet that includes an appropriate amount of fats, proteins and carbs. For me that means, 20% fat, 35% carbs and 45% protein. My fat, however, comes from healthy sources, peanut butter, different nuts, olive oil and MCT oil.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I like your % mix.

Your pre-w/o snack mix sounds delicious. (I snack on raw nuts, grapes and berries).

I don't like authentic dark chocolate by itself (not sweet enough) which is why I eat it only when its covering Goji berries or blueberries which I get at Wholefoods.

I get my fats the same way you do, except I do indulge in organic butter, as well.
    I have never heard of MCT, so I looked it up. Want to try it. Thanks for mentioning it, I learned something new today.

19. swirlman07

Thanks, I'm glad that you were able to take something away. Butter fits into the class of fats that are solid, and so aren't in my regular diet. I might have butter once or twice a year, at family dinners. Otherwise, a good diet and a varied fitness routine, cardio work and weight lifting. It seems to work well for me. I've no problems gaining or losing weight as I do in preparing for fitness events. Btw, I'd to laugh out loud at you not liking chocolate because it's not sweet enough, lol. I'm not a sweet eater...

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

lol, I just noticed the irony.

Though, you just made me think now how ridiculous I sounded because really, what makes us (me) think chocolate is actually "sweet", when what's sweet about it is the sugar manufacturers add to it. Interesting how they have perverted our taste buds.