NO EXCUSES!!!!

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by The Dark King, Nov 7, 2011.

1. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

Those sound good. I will need to look for them next trip to WF.

2. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

i do love goji berries in chocolate...yummmm

3. JordanC

I had plain goji berries and they were a bit bitter. I think I would like chocolate ones better. Chocolate everything is better. ;)

4. wtarshi

:smt045 so jaisee this

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I just checked my food cabinet because I had recently gotten some from Pathmark Supermarket...these do have cornsyrup but its on the low end of ingredients..

This raspberry one is new, I have the acai and blueberry

http://www.clodhoppers.tv/canada/en/products/dark-chocolate-goji.php

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

If you don't mind me asking what made you change back to eating red meat? I find that it makes me tired so as of late its pretty much just chicken and fish for me. Either steamed or grilled

7. The Dark King

Can I also add I love how so many of you have taken a liking to the concept of eating right and exercising. Makes me very hopeful for the future

8. swirlman07

swirlman07 Well-Known Member

You misread my post Andrea. I stated that I'd been a vegetarian but that now, I'm not a vegetarian, though I avoid red meat. Like you, I only eat fish, the occasional shellfish, chicken, turkey and ostrich. I felt great when I was a vegetarian as well. I've been completely happy living a life style of fitness with good nutrition.

9. The Dark King

Yeah just a few weeks in I feel a lot less tired and run down. I've always worked out and ate fruits (not as much vegetables as I should have) but never felt this good.

10. wtarshi

i've been a vegie since 2000 and i feel great because of it. the only thing animal i eat these days is cheese, which i'm trying to kick so i'm then completely vegan

11. The Dark King

I love cheese but my diet is totally anti dairy. Cheese truly does make everything taste better lol

12. wtarshi

lol...doesn't it...!!! damn you cheese and your bloody fatty goodness

13. The Dark King

Fortunately for me I'd rather have a pretty girlfriend who prefers her man with a flat stomach no man boobs so I'm forced to stay on my grind lol

14. swirlman07

I was an Ovo Lacto vegetarian for more than 10 years, then married a meat eater. At that point I started eating non-red meat again, to make life easier for the family. It was not the best decision for many reasons even though my heart was in the right place.

By the way, I've never been a real cheese eater throughout my life. I did use Ricotta to make veggie lasagna and Parmesan on my homemade whole wheat crust healthy pizzas. In both cases the cheese was always fat free. I still make a number of veggie dishes because I like the variety, especially Indian and Middle Eastern, yum yum.

15. JordanC

I'm with you two. I love cheese but I have it sparingly as I don't like to over do dairy.

I decided to do better with eating or drinking something in the mornings. I went back to making green smoothies. Yesterday I was making one. My blender is above my dogs water dish on the counter area. His dish peeks out from under the counter. As I was grabbing two handfuls of fresh spinach leaves from the bag one got loose and floated down to land in my dog's bowl. He came along and started drinking. A few seconds later he is across the room eating something and I looked in the bowl and the spinach is gone. :rolleyes: I guess he's going to eat better too. :p

16. The Dark King

I don't know why it took me so long. But I think the more this healthy eating thing becomes a more than a fad the more you'll see it taking root.

17. JordanC

I have been a pretty healthy eater for quite a while. Once you start doing good things you get used to it and your body then feels better. After you eat healthy for a while then you eat something really gross from say McDonalds your body rebels and lets you know to get back to good eating.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Ella koukla mou, preach! Personally, FETA is the way to go for me. :D I was built on it!

Fat-free Parmesan?!? Blasphemy! :-|
    Indian & Middle Eastern dishes - yum yum x2! :smt045

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

How adorable! :)
    My late, beautiful baby Penny loved veggies! And fruit. She devoured red grapes, carrots, inhaled pineapple and peaches, mango...She snacked on nuts, especially walnuts and almonds.

Speaking of McDonalds, I read this today - :-x

Cheeseburger That Stayed Exactly the Same After a Whole Year Raises Alarm
    http://thestir.cafemom.com/food_party/130975/cheeseburger_that_stayed_exactly_the

20. swirlman07

How about the cola company that defended against a guy saying he found a mouse in a bottle of soda. The company's attorneys said that the soda would have reduced the mouse to a jellied mass by the time it reached the shelves. Doesn't that make you feel good.