Norway’s Princess Martha Louise engaged to Durek Verrett

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by alioufall, Jun 7, 2022.

1. alioufall

alioufall Well-Known Member

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Congrats to them! I remember when this couple first started making waves. He apparently doesn't get a royal title though. Don't understand why but these two are very deeply in love and that transcends it.

3. Xyphorr

Xyphorr Well-Known Member

I find it interesting but not surprising that no national or international news is talking about this the way Harry and Meghan's engagement and marriage were talked about.

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Well that's mainly because people mainly in the United States are obsessed with the royals from London. But this story was on a few international media sites.

But also because he is a black man.

5. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

A
    Americans do not seem to realize that many European countries have royal families, not just the U.K. .
    Belgium, Spain, Monaco, Sweden, Netherlands etc

6. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

She's a polarizing figure in Norway. She has been accused of using her royal title for commercial gain in the past, her charitable connections have been questioned, and she enraged religious leaders when she promoted a psychic who claims to be able to communicate with the dead, according to press reports.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Xyphorr

Xyphorr Well-Known Member

I knew that. I was just pointing out the double standards of media when it comes to BM/WW vs WM/BW.

8. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

Of course she is .
    She is a royal who is with a BM.
    They will do everything to discredit her

9. Yeah, I can't attribute this to this any type of racial and gender double-standard, at least not in regards to American coverage. The difference is because of the status of the British Royal family in the American consciousness. I've had coverage of the Brits shoved down my throat my entire life, it's been an ongoing real-life soap opera. Without even actively following them I feel I still know almost everything about them. The Charles and Diana wedding, the affairs, the mysterious death, watching Williama and Harry grow up, with Harry going wild, the Charles and Camilla affair and relationship, all the way through to Harry and Meghan. And it's not like Harry and Meghan have had the easiest time. And that doesn't even get into Andrew and Fergie and all of their messes.

By contrast, the only reason I've ever heard of this Princess is because of this forum. And he does appear to be a bit of a weirdo. Compared to Meghan whose only crime was being married before and having some White Trash relatives.

10. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

I believe that is true. However, the negative media coverage dates back nearly a decade, long before she met Durek.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List