Officer body slams high school student

Discussion in 'In the News' started by z, Oct 27, 2015.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Thanks I appreciate that you get where I'm coming from.
    How is morning detention not an option? If they were going to remove her from the class to punish her and put her in in school detention why can't it wait till the next day. If you guys insist that her infraction must be punished why can't it wait a day? She wasn't a harm to herself or others from the video we saw all that she was doing was sitting in that chair and wouldn't give the phone up.

2. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

This is the crux of why we'll never see eye to eye on this. She was a harm to her classmates by disrupting class. She was a distraction, sitting there on her phone, completely disregarding the rules and authority in that classroom. She needed to be removed, not the next day, but right then. The way it was carried out was atrocious, no one is arguing that.

I think you're really minimizing the impact on the environment as a whole, by saying they should have just let her stay in the classroom playing on her phone because "she wasn't hurting anyone". Her behavior disrupted class and the education of her peers, that is harmful to them. She needed to be removed to in school suspension or be sent home.

3. The Dark King

Needed to be removed? Have you ever worked with kids outside of your own?
    I think making a big deal out of it does way more harm than good. This to me is akin to a kid doodling in a notebook. It's only an issue if attention is brought to it. It's only disruptive if other kids aren't doing what they're suppose to as well.
    If she were talking on her phone then maybe you guys have a point but if all she was doing was playing Angry Birds or something like that it could have waited. Its a phone, she wasn't carving her initials into the desk with a switch blade.
    This is where criminalizing kids starts in my opinion. When the only way we can deal with a kid on a phone in class is physical removal something is incredibly wrong, there is a major break down somewhere.

4. goodlove

goodlove New Member

go back and read . i told bookie he was right.

im saying hes just trying to deflect from what he and i are talking about.

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

save u the trip

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

this is what im talking about.u saw i had backed u on your race claim. u wanted to play victim.

as i always stated u read what u want.

u played the race card to avoid discussing in detail what we were talking about.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  7. goodlove

goodlove New Member

u surely dont need to ask that cause its obvious u dont know what to do. u would be putting kids on the wrong damn bus and going to wait till the next day to punish someone. oh come on. anyone who dealt a child/kids u dont wait.

the worst she would gotten would be iss. the fact she put away the fone when the cop came in showed that no one was bs with her.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  8. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I've worked with kids through my profession, counseling and such. Nothing too major. My fiancée though does child development counseling with at risk youth so trust me when I say she needed to be removed from the class that day, and disciplined. That doesn't mean abuse so I'll say again, she didn't deserve the extreme physical treatment she got. Maybe your image of her is just sitting in the corner minding her business but I think her behavior likely easily distracted her classmates because she was getting to bullshit on her phone while they were supposed to be paying attention to the teacher.

The questioning of "honey what's going on, it's not like you to just disregard the rules here, are you ok" could have happened during alone time in in school suspension. Children need to know they're loved and cared about, but they also need to know that there are consequences to their negative actions. The hardest part about dealing with children (parenting or through your work) is finding that balance.

9. The Dark King

Well I disagree. For what it was it could have waited. Like I said it was akin to doodling. We'll agree to disagree then

10. goodlove

goodlove New Member

there u go raider. we discussed the race issue earlier. u missed it.

its very disgusting that tdk didnt man-up on that but then again it is tdk. what would u expect?

11. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

obviously the teacher should've just let the girl fiddle with her phone, as long as she wasn't disrupting the class.

I guarantee you, when the bell rang she would've left the class.

...Then you just don't let her back into the class until she gets her head straight. You make that clear to her ...and report her behavior to whoever's in charge of her at home.

That's how it should've been handled.

This shit was a fail all round. And I'm surprised you guys are still debating it.

12. The Dark King

Dropping knowledge all over this forum wish I could rep you

13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

smh. u too wrong