Officer body slams high school student

Discussion in 'In the News' started by z, Oct 27, 2015.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Or you're the short sighted one when you think this singular incident gives way to a bunch of kids thinking they can do whatever they want.

2. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

What you just said has probably been seen a million times over in classrooms all across the US. I always knew the teachers I could slide on in school and it was ALWAYS because I saw them get steam rolled by other students. Teachers lose all control of the classroom once they're seen as a pushover. Nothing short sighted about it, it's fact.

3. The Dark King

The fact is teachers have far less control, it's parenting that really matters. Teachers couldn't whop my ass my parents could, teachers couldn't take my car away my parents could, teachers couldn't take away the phone, tv, allowance etc but my parents could. Truthfully whether I goofed off even a little had more to do with the subject than the teacher. Bs classes like english and history were always a joke but you better focus like a laser in calc and physics or hello summer school.
    So I disagree.

4. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I don't think that's what he's saying. I think you can acknowledge what appropriate behavior would be for the student in this situation while still saying that doesn't justify the officer's behavior at all.

5. The Dark King

Well that's the thing we seem to have this incredibly myopic view of how a person should act despite any outside circumstances especially a teen who has lost everything. What's appropriate behavior after your world has been shattered? Follow the straight and narrow no matter what? Unfortunately people have emotions and thoughts

6. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Man I don't know about you but I'm getting sick and tired of seeing these disgusting videos with kids acting a damn fool and bullying their teachers

they have gone viral on the Internet like its s trend and its absolutely deplorable and disgusting

what is wrong with society today?! these kids are totally out of control.

7. RaiderLL

I absolutely agree. It's infuriating. I see kids acting out in stores and parents bargaining with them nowadays. Fuck that. I'd drag their butt out of the store faster than you can imagine. I don't negotiate or bargain with terrorists lol. I'm not my kids friend. They know I've got their back 110% and I love them more than life itself but they also know if they fuck up, I'll be on them like white on rice. Kids can respect boundaries, rules and authorities regardless of the shit they might be going through. It's on us as parents to ensure that they're held accountable to that standard! That's sadly too much effort for some. That's probably one reason I could never be a teacher. I wouldn't be able to deal with the parents. My patience for laziness and bullshit is way too thin

8. RaiderLL

Thank goodness. Hopefully with a support system in place she can get back on track. I do feel for what she's going through, can't be easy. She can't behave like that though and not expect consequences (obviously not as drastic as what happened but you know what I mean).

9. The Dark King

Raider you've never gotten a pass in life? Damn woman lol.

10. RaiderLL

I have and I milked it for everything it was worth. I breezed through school (regrettably) because of people that responded to me like you responded to this girl. I'm old enough now to see how crippling that treatment really was. Sure it was great at the time, but long term?? Hell no it didn't help me. I'm not going to go into details but trust me, I went through some shit as a teenager and it was wasn't the adults giving me a pass that got me through

11. The Dark King

I never once said give her a pass I said they could have shown compassion and asked her what was going on. She's not an animal she can be reasoned with.

12. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Kinda reminds me of this youtuber tommysotomayor mentioned in his videos.

13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Bs.
    :)

14. The Dark King

Take note people for this day will go down in history. Goodlove is rebuking a black woman just to spite me lol

15. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

The "officer" was the only one off the hook.

16. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Can't wait till one of your kids gets mauled by a steroid addled pig.:smt045

17. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Take note, take a picture and write it down

Lol

18. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Side eye

19. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[YOUTUBE]kLP1GHpijpk&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/YOUTUBE]

20. The Dark King