Officer body slams high school student

Discussion in 'In the News' started by z, Oct 27, 2015.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

theres no in between . put away the fone.

she had plenty of chance to comply. she was told to step outside the class by the teacher and the principal. she had a chance to talk...twice.

what would u have done?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Asked why she didn't want to put the phone away. You know talk to her like person not order her like a person.
    If the only step between not putting the phone away and being slammed like that is nothing clearly someone isn't doing their job right. She wasn't on drugs she's not mentally ill and she wasn't hurting anyone.

3. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I only think force is justified in the presence of violence. Maybe I'm just channeling too much Morgan from TWD, lol.

4. The Dark King

Nope just common sense lol
    Morgan is now my favorite fighter next to Michone

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

really?
    they didnt ask ger to give up her first born.

everyone here and in the school and the police said the cop was wrong for what he did.

i have told u time and time again.

the teacher told her a minimum of twice to put away the fone. the third time they will tell her to step outside to talk. she refused.

then the principal was called then he would do the same. thats a minimum of 4x's
    when the teacher or principal get u outside then they tell u for the last time to comply and allow the child to talk then it goes from there depending on her statements.

she pissed that opportunity away.

then the cop came in and she put away the fone at this time she is to leave.

again, what would you have done?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  6. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I don't think the student had any intention of leaving on her own, so I guess it was necessary to use some force. I don't know the procedures for such, but I will say that from what I saw in the video clip... I think the officer clearly went too far. It's one thing to force her out of the chair (which itself was definitely aggressive), but when he basically dragged her a few yards... I think that was clearly too much.

Don't get me wrong... If I'm the parent.... Yes, I disappointed my my child getting into this position then disobeying instruction from authority. However, I'm totally pissed that a peace officer handled her much like a person violently resisting arrest.

7. The Dark King

Try and diffuse the situation verbally talk to her not just issue commands because school is suppose to a be a theraputic environment not a violent one. Hell we might have to lose a day of teaching but assaulting her wasn't the answer. You damn well know if that were your daughter heads would fucking roll so I don't know why you're arguing so hard the other way. She wasn't violent, she wasn't a danger to herself and others, why is physical accosting the only next step for some of you people.

8. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

did you honestly just say school is supposed to be therapeutic?! What person has ever reflected upon their high school years as therapeutic? It's a learning environment, not a day at the spa. It is the epitome of a structured environment and because of that there are expectations of cooperation.

Not a single person has said physical violence was the appropriate next step. Its interesting to me though that everyone here can recognize her part in this fiasco, except you. I think you may be battling just to battle :smt109

9. The Dark King

Anyone who has been to a school outside of the US particularly a third world country can tell you that the US school environment is in fact very therapeutic. We encourage things like the arts, we develop communities, there are school psychologists on site to help kids deal with problems, when's there's a crisis there are grief counselors. And let's take your approach and say school is purely learning, then it doesn't stop at taking in facts but also learning and applying knowledge. Conflict resolution is probably one of the biggest skills I learned growing up, learning to relate to people, learning to use my words and not my fists to resolve a situation and it wasn't something that was in a book or on a chalkboard.
    To me her part is as instrumental to Sandra Bland asking why she was pulled over. The minute you don't comply the way they want or talk back you deserve whatever you get? Is that the take away from this?
    And I'll call you out on being a hypocrite just like Goodlove because if that were your daughter you wouldn't see it as her not simply following the rules. You'd demand everyone's job and the cops freedom for taking it that far over a damn cell phone.
    I've worked in similar environments and that's why you get a shit ton of training on conflict resolution so it doesn't get to that level. She was physically violent, she wasn't hurting herself or others, there was absolutely no reason for it to go as far as it did. Shit if you lose an afternoon of teaching so be it, but learn better skills and how to engage your damn students when dealing with something as simple as not putting away a phone. Everyone failed that girl and the other kids in that room.

10. goodlove

goodlove New Member

dude....did u read ?
    she was not complying.
    u still didnt answer the question. how would u handle the situation. be specific. how would u diffuse the situation?

she was breaking the rules. what the fuck are u talking about?

u cant just do what u want .

11. goodlove

goodlove New Member

hes delusional.
    this mofo want to argue for the sake of arguing.

no adult would give her a pass.

12. The Dark King

Ok super teacher how would you have handled it and I never once said a thing about a pass you guys seem to just be ok with her getting the shit kicked out of her. Not a single alternative outside of hauling her ass out of there for having her phone out

13. The Dark King

For the fourth time I would have talked to her, asked her what was wrong, try to find out if there was a reason for the phone being out not simply put the phone away or else. Is that clear enough for you?
    Never once said you can do whatever you want but if there is no step in between get off your phone and physically restraining someone no one knows how to do their job effectively. If the only way you can deal with a rule breaker is being physical then you are poorly unqualified to your job.

14. goodlove

goodlove New Member

uuhh dude, thats why they would call her outside the classroom. they wouldnt do that in front of the class.

did u read?

15. The Dark King

Of course i.did. did you?

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

all u said was find out about the fone but thats not saying how u will diffuse the situation.

go thru the steps from the time she has the fone out.

oh it must be different from what i told u the procedures the teachers do.

17. The Dark King

Goodlove you have your mind made up. Funny how this is the one time you don't pull out all the stops to defend a black woman

18. goodlove

goodlove New Member

rofl

u dumb mofo u. yes i love me some bw but i dont have to cosign bafoonery.

right is right and wrong is wrong.

u are the main one showing disdain for bw. as a matter of fact u show a disdain for women period. lets get that clear.

next this is about the act of this person in the classroom and she should be held accountable for it. so dont project your lack of principles on me...thats your fucked up problem.

lastly, your response to not laying out what to do and saying what you said means clearly you dont know what to do.

19. The Dark King

Held accountable fine, give her detention hell even a suspension but what reason did she need to be removed from the classroom. You in particular keep harping on well she broke the rules and needs to be punished fine but physical force for having your cell phone out?
    Gtfoh

20. goodlove

goodlove New Member

where did i say "use physical force."

show me.

i said she need to be held accountable. also she should ve left the class cause she was disrupting it.

are u saying its ok for her to stay there and disrupt the class?

also tell me how u would diffuse the situation?

u have yet to say that.