Officer fatally shot on duty in Illinois

Discussion in 'In the News' started by z, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

Call me a Christian but I feel compassion (at fleeting moments) for TDK. I suspect he's been deeply hurt, naturally leaving him insecure. And clearly he has anger. He makes me write furious posts, but I'm questioning their productivity. perhaps I should try love. Love you Darkness. Fam, I mean it.

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Autospy has been speculating suicide in regards to this cop

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Side eye hmmm.
    I'm not angry or insecure about this topic. Just listen and pay attention. My entire position comes from this would compassion be expected from women the same way it is from black people if cops were targeting and raping them weekly. My point is why do people expect this deep empathy from us that they don't have to exemplify themselves. So many of you smart educated people completely miss the point and go for the easily digestible me vs you argument when that's not what's being done at all.

4. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Yeah, something doesn't smell right with this case at all.

They're being so secretive about everything.

I'm beginning to wonder if it was suicide, though by the sounds of this man, it wouldn't seem like he was one who was "on edge" or suffering from something.

Another theory (I've read in comment sections) is that he was lured there as a hit, because of his role in taking down some bigwig in the department who was forced to resign about a week before this happened.

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K for sure.

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Yeah it seemed the search died out quick and that look crazy

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

His death was ruled a homicide by the Coroner. That leaves the door open for all types of death, suicide included. It is not that he committed suicide. Ballistics have not even been completed, nor unknown DNA ar the scene.

The reason the search died quickly is because the three men that he radioed he was pursuing have vanished..the three teens recorded on surveillance elsewhere fitting a similar description and brought in for questioning were released.

7. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Oh ok. Good info

8. Bookworm616

Actually, according to news reports:

WAUKEGAN, Ill. — A coroner says an Illinois police officer who died last week suffered a “single devastating” gunshot wound, but he can’t rule whether it was a homicide, suicide or accident.

Lake County Coroner Dr. Thomas Rudd said Wednesday, September 9th that while he has determined the cause of Fox Lake Police Lt. Charles Gliniewicz’s death, he needs the findings of the Lake County Major Crime Task Force to rule on its nature.

http://fox6now.com/2015/09/09/coron...r-suffering-single-devastating-gunshot-wound/

“We obviously know that a bullet killed him,” Rudd told NBC5. “I can’t rule out a suicide. I can’t rule out an accident. And I can’t rule in a homicide.”

In other words, while Rudd knows what his own autopsy revealed, he still wants some evidence that another person, or persons, were involved.

“I can’t issue a manner of death until law enforcement gives me everything they have,” he said.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/investiga...fficers-Shooting-326100651.html#ixzz3m6dgHHQT
    Follow us: @nbcchicago on Twitter | nbcchicago on Facebook

9. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Something is fishy about the cop that was shot at the gas station story.

I have NEVER seen a police officer fueling at a gas station....NEVER.
    Law enforcement have their own pumps/fueling stations.

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Very very good point

11. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

A cop shot dead while filling up a squad car my ass.You can't tell that lie to a 6 week old monkey.

People sleep on things they used to spot with ease.

I don't know if it's the cell phone radiation,quality of media propaganda,tattoo ink,or what....people today are some dumb motherfuckers.

Remember the shoe-bomber from a few years back?

We were told this trained terrorist tried to LIGHT plastic explosives in his shoes:rolleyes:

Why the fuck would a TRAINED terrorist do such a thing?

You can't light c-4..
    Bo Bo the circus monkey knows that.

Plastic explosives are ignited electrically.

We are in the age of morons.

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well the cops are treating this as a homicide. I read the coroner had also. So now he hasn't ruled yet?...Here is what he said...
    “Right now we can’t say if it’s an accident, homicide or suicide,” he said. Rudd did note that, for now, “We are leaning in favor of homicide.”

On Thursday, Rudd said the fatal shot struck Gliniewicz in his torso...

Ok, it's a shot to the cop's chest that he's saying that killed him.. We've established that.
    Also, "The Lake County Sheriff's Office confirmed Thursday that evidence indicates that more than one shot was fired, but did not elaborate. "Transferred DNA" was also found at the scene, Filenko said."
    He was also chasing suspects.

So now where does the strange and ill-placed "l can't rule out suicide" notion the Coroner suddenly threw Into it?

Probably from this...
    A man ( an ex cop) is accused of threatening to kill the Coroner and officials UNLESS they declare Lt. Joe Gliniewicz's death a SUICIDE.

http://patch.com/illinois/grayslake...fficials-investigating-lt-gliniewiczs-death-0

13. Bookworm616

The police are allegedly now looking at this as a possible homicide and possible suicide.

How it's taking THIS LONG for forensics to come back on GSR, ballistics, etc for a cop death is beyond me.

The coroner has ruled on the cause of death, but is waiting on further information from the police department to determine the manner of death.

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Sources suggest that the cops are looking into homicide or suicide.

If he was shot and killed in the chest, that tells me possibly a struggle ensued if close range.

I'm guessing the delays in announcing results are because everybody is dotting their i's, crossing their t's and making sure everything is right, because they'll want a conviction to stand, and not overturned on a technicality, or losing a conviction on faulty testing.

15. goodlove

goodlove New Member

16. Bookworm616

Yep. It always pays to wait for the WHOLE story to come out.

Fox Lake police Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz committed suicide two months ago after committing a series of alleged crimes over the course of years, Lake County authorities said Wednesday.

At a news conference, Lake County Major Crime Task Force Cmdr. George Filenko said Gliniewicz, 52, shot himself to death in a "carefully staged suicide" as the result of "extensive criminal acts."

Gliniewicz for years ran the village’s Explorers program, which gave aspiring officers policing experience, and he had been stealing and laundering money for years, Filenko said. He stole thousands of dollars that he used for personal purposes, including mortgage payments, travel and adult websites, Filenko said.

He forged signatures on requisitions for federal equipment, authorities said. Before he killed himself, Gliniewicz knew the village was conducting an audit that might have turned up his thefts, Filenko said.

After these acts, Gliniewicz staged his death to look like a murder, leaving a trial of his equipment around the scene to try to mislead investigators, Filenko said. He fired a shot into his protective vest and aimed a second, fatal bullet beneath his vest in his upper torso, Filenko said.

"There are no winners here. Gliniewicz committed the ultimate betrayal ..." Filenko said. "He behaved for years in a manner contrary to the image he portrayed."

17. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

who would of thought it? too bad the media has backed off now.

18. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

My sympathies to any police officer who dies in the line of duty.
    Maybe there will be some witnesses who will come forward.
    These thugs deserve hard labor.

19. Bookworm616

There were no thugs.

The cop staged his suicide.

All that can be said now is thank GOD they didn't find anyone who matched the descriptions. They could be dead or in jail right now.

20. goodlove

goodlove New Member

If they had gotten someone and hurt them because of this........oh my goodness