Once u go black u never go back

Discussion in 'Stereotypes and Myths' started by IndoGal, Feb 16, 2007.

1. stiletoes

stiletoes Well-Known Member

I don't think I would date a white man again. I find very few attractive. I agree with Chris that many of them are insecure. Strangely, when I am out with my boyfriend, some white guys will hit on me. I think they see it as a challenge to lure me back :lol: . I would never date a latino man again, 20 years of marriage to one was enough

2. kenny_g

kenny_g New Member

You know I do notice that. I don't knock whitemen my father-in-law is white. But I do notice that white guys I have seen do that. It's like they Become jealous or somethin esp. if they are a hot whitegirl with a brotha.
    You know what It's probably because of all the years of braggin you have seen white women do over the years when they have been with a black guy having to do with the sex, penis size and whatever else. Some of them probably still buy into it.

3. Moskvichka

Moskvichka New Member

You know Sarah, I had one experience that really made me think. I once came into a mosque where most of the... well, parishioners? were black Africans from the Muslim West Africa. And when I walked in there, they were in the middle of a Koran class for little kids, ages let's say 3 to 7. And what struck me immediately was that all the little girls were seated behind all the little boys. This was a contrast in comparison to how I was raised, in my culture boys are taught from an early age to be gentlemen, not that they all do grow up to be gentlemen, but that's the foundation. For example, since my divorce I've gone out on dates with two men, one was a Russian and the other was the Ukrainian I'm still dating, and both brought me a dozen red roses on the first date. That's just the culture.

And here in this mosque, the little girls were being taught from a young age that they would always come after the boys. And I've experienced in my marriage that I always came last. Of course I was always given a good reason why I came last, but the point is I wasn't happy and finally came out of denial and got the courage to get the hell out. And... I'm glad I did. I'VE NEVER, EVER BEEN HAPPIER THAN I AM NOW. My aunt-in-law even told me once: the most important thing is your husband. Well no. If mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy, they say. The same goes for wife :!:

4. fnnysmrtprtty

fnnysmrtprtty New Member

5. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

I have been datind a muslin man for al ittle while now. He is from Nigeria. I have found hin to be a real gentleman and kind hearted. Yes, he is a practising muslim. I personally dont have any strong religious beliefs but accept others beliefs. As he is a believer, he naturally would like me to learn something of islam. I think it is only normal that I would make an effort to do this, as I would like to know more about his culture. I have no difficulty so far.

6. fnnysmrtprtty

fnnysmrtprtty New Member

sarah23 - There is a book out titled "Infidel" by Ayaan Hirsi Ali. I haven't read it yet, but have seen Hirsi Ali interviewed several times and can't wait to get my hands on it.

Anyway, it will probably show you a side of Islam that is different than what your b/f will teach. Hope you are happy with your man, I just like to see all aspects of a situation when I can and thought you might too! :)

7. 'Sup.

'Sup. New Member

Yeah and you should. And if the role was reversed you'd be screaming racism, so whats the difference?

But peace out, I've got some stealing and raping to do.

8. sarah23

Hi fnnysmrtprty. Thanks for your comments. Yes I do love my man very much. And we have discussed this a lot. Yes he is teaching me about islam. We both agree that it would be beneficial if I was to learn about his religion and beliefs. I have always tried to be open and accepting of others.I agree with him that Europeans should be more open to African culture and religion. :)

9. WhiteSheDevil

WhiteSheDevil New Member

sarah23, please teach yourself about Islam, pick up "The Caged Virgin" by Ayaan Hirsi Ali.......an educate yourself about the Hadiths.

10. sarah23

I have discussed this with my bf and i think my man is the best person to teach me about his beliefs. He has also introduced me to some of his female muslim friends, which I find very beneficial to me.
    He says that i should not only embrace and love him as aperson but also his culture and religion. I agrree.
    Dont think that I have sudeenly started wearing a veil and abandoned my own beliefs - on the contrary I still wear my sexy minis when I go out with him etc

11. Chigirl

Chigirl New Member

I agree as long as this embracing of cultures is mutual. I have 2 of my closest friends and one relative who went through this in Germany, all was OK (not saying perfect because it wasn't) until they had their kids.... all hell broke loose then and all prior understanding of "embracing ones culture" where thrown out the window and exchanged by him for "this is how I want MY kid to grow up no discussion".
    Sarah I don't want to be negative, I realize personal experience is different for everyone and not everyone is the same. Your responsibility to yourself is to educate you about the person you are with if religion is a part of your relationship using independent and unbiased sources.
    Good Luck!

12. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

In a Muslim household it is his way or the highway. Very few of them are liberal. I hear and read many stories of children of Muslim men who went with them and never been heard from again. It is scary that they don't have much self control if their faith had been violated and they will kill in a second of any violator. Muslim men never give in to their wives.

13. sarah23

I have discussed islam with my bf. He says that Islam will help us build a stronger relationship and that he only wants me to have a better understanding of his culture. I have also found it very useful to talk to his female muslim friends.One day we would like to have a family together. I think its only normal that he would like his children to follow his beliefs. I would accept this if it makes him happy.

14. Soulthinker

Muslim men will never have a better understanding of your culture only his. If some of the women complain if they are forced to wear the headscarf,burka, and other islam things and still date them,then they don't get support from the western governments since they date at their own risk.

15. sarah23

my bf doesnt make me wear islamic dress. I still ev en wear mini skirt when with my friends. But I have tried Islamic dress when with some islamic women friends too. Its a question of choice.

16. Soulthinker

Hope and prey he has a high tolerance level.

17. sarah23

Its also important that we, as ww, have a high tolerance of other races !
    After all, we as a race have always discriminated against other races.

18. Soulthinker

True,and for the WW who date men of color got to have a tolerance. Islam is more different. Until there is a reformation of that religion things will not change I love to see the day when a former Muslim who worships in any religion and lives to see tomorrow without conflict.

19. Jasie

Jasie New Member

I've gone back and forth. Black, white, mexican, it doesn't matter. It's not what he looks like, even though that helps. It' the attraction of our personalities. Of course I see people that I'm attracted to by the way they look but that doesn't make the deal for me.

20. blackmale22

blackmale22 New Member

for me the case was more:
    once you go white, you'll never go back :lol: