Our best shots (photography)

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Sin Mari, Sep 11, 2011.

1. fly girl

fly girl Well-Known Member

Not the best shot of me, but I like the composition....
    [​IMG]

2. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

Stunning!

3. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Great photos! Are you a pilot?

4. Since1980

Memphis, 2012

[​IMG]

Kiama Harbour, NSW, 2013. Probably my favorite pic that I've ever taken.

[​IMG]

5. beccaomecca

I wondered why you had posted in the music section haha.

I’m sorry to hear it didn’t work out with the girl you were talking to over here. I suppose it worked out for the better for you though. :)

Yeah you should definitely come back out. I want to go back to the states but not entirely sure where..

6. Since1980

Because I had both this thread and the music thread open at the same time, and I was up past my bedtime lol.

Yeah, the two of us had talked for about six or seven months before we decided to meet face to face. Our personalities weren't perfect together, but we figured the best way to know for sure is to meet face to face so I just went for it. If I ever go back, I'd like to visit Melbourne or Brisbane. Since I've already been to Sydney doing that again is later down on my list, although I would love to go back there again.

7. beccaomecca

It’s a cool experience to say the least I suppose, IR dating + long distance. Sounds like you had a horrible time with it just like I did. You should totally go to both spots! I live in Brisbane so I can tell you first hand it’s quite boring lol Melbourne on the other hand, it’s the Mecca for arts and creativity and just coolness all round. Good vibes.

8. Since1980

I would love to do both, but with the way the American employers treat vacation time, that would have to be two separate trips. If I go back there, I at least want to spend seven or eight days. I feel like there's enough in Melbourne to do to last me probably two trips.

If you haven't been to the west coast yet (Cali/Oregon/Washington) you should go there next. I've never been before but everyone who has been out there loves it lol. It's on my bucket list over the next couple of years.

9. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

Once you get to Cali, you going to wish they all to be California girls

10. beccaomecca

Oh what? How do they treat vacation time? We get 20 days per year off. Which when you consider how many weeks there are in a year that’s not much lol.

Damn seven or eight days, excluding travel time each end right?

You're only young you got your whole life ahead of you travel wise. I think if you’re only trying to see Brisbane you’d literally see everything in one day. If you want to see Brisbane and the Gold Coast maybe 1 to 3 days.

So far I’ve only been straight to the dirty south and thankfully survived to tell the story lol. I do have Washington on my list, and North Carolina but right now that’s it lol you have so many states and places to see. I’d love to see Montana I think that’s the spot with mountains and trees and it’s beautiful and picturesque.

Rome is on my list too need some architectural emersion!

11. Since1980

Depending on the job, you may get 10 days a year, if that. I'm lucky because I have a ton of vacation time built up and I'm in a place where I can take time off I want to. But when I went before it took me about two days for the jet lag to wear off, which would give me a good 6 or so days to enjoy as much as possible. If you take too much time for vacation, jobs here look at you crazy. I tried to sleep on the flight as much as I could, but I was too nervous and excited so that shit didn't work lol.

North Carolina is a gorgeous state! You have the mountains and the beach not too far from each other, plus you get the southern hospitality which is amazing. The food is great, too. Montana looks great as well. Cold as fuck though. If you come anytime from October through April, dress in layers lol.

I got the chance to go to Italy a few years ago and Rome was one of our stops. It is a very walkable city, and I feel like I lost 20 pounds because a lot of the major landmarks are all kind of in the city itself and within walking distance from each other. I loved the Coliseum. I also got to go to Venice and we drove past the Leaning Tower of Pisa, which was cool to see up close.

12. beccaomecca

10 days wow!! That’s not fair at all!! Think you need to relocate lol. I suppose most people seem to think our sole purpose on earth is to work our asses off and have no life or fun lol. Lucky for you that you have holidays saved up!!! But even six days that’s still sad to me lol. You’ll have to make sure you can pull an all nighter lol tape your eyes open so you don’t miss a drop of activities lol.

Sounds like you’re well seasoned with travelling! And you’ve been to Italy/Rome!!! That’s awesome :) I’ve only been straight to the States lol. Since covid I’ve been struggling to find motivation to get on a plane lol the prices here to travel interstate is bonkers! It’s cheaper to fly to New Zealand then to fly an hour or two to another state lol makes no damn sense.

13. Since1980

Yes I am. At least I tell myself that. Luckily my GF loves to travel so neither one of us has a problem with hitting the road or hopping on a plane. So far aside from Straya, I have been to Germany, Italy, through Austria, France, Spain, and Canada. If I had to move from here and live somewhere else, I'd go straight to Canada if I couldn't go back to Australia lol.

Most people don't realize how gigantic Australia is. And it seems like people drive mainly on the coasts and less through the center of the country, which makes driving a pain in the ass. Plus you can only go to New Zealand so many times lol. I mean, I've never been before but I imagine when you're that close to it, it's a pretty popular destination!

14. beccaomecca

For sure, that’s cool you are both the same in that regard, nothing worse than being with someone who doesn’t have the same desires lol.

Wow, you’re a well seasoned traveller I’m so impressed! People over here make travel sound like a breeze and like they’ve got money trees growing in their backyards it’s so imbedded in Australian culture!!

It is a pretty big island huh! We are blessed with extraordinary beaches and scenery! It’s just a shame the same can’t be said for the people lol!

A lot of my friends go to NZ for trips, my grandparents live there but I’ve still never been! So slack!!

Apparently Tasmania is very similar to NZ, so I’d probably make it there before I make it over to NZ.

To be honest Aussie’s frequent Bali alll the time! That’s their go to spot. Cheap and beautiful lol Bali, Thailand and Fiji mostly.

15. fly girl

fly girl Well-Known Member

Not a professional pilot. Aircraft mechanic/inspector.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List