P.T.S.S. Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ches, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Funny how you only quote the parts you object to....

Any time someone challenges the black perspective in any way shape or form, even if just to bring a different perspective or to prompt conversation, we "just don't get it." Or we must be racist.

Oh, and in case you missed it, I'm appreciative of the fact that GL offered his support. Grown woman or not. When someone is willing to look past what they think they know and see what's really there, I applaud that. More folks ought to do that.

2. K

K Well-Known Member

Wow. Well I never claimed adopting a black baby made me an authority on anything. Actually, I have continued to say that I can NOT know what it is to be Black. I do have a unique perspective which may or not be of value to some.

As far as being up Raider's ass....that's really funny considering how many times I have clearly disagreed with her about things on this forum. There isn't anyone on here that I completely agree or disagree with and I think I've shown that very clearly.

No one had condoned selling drugs.

3. K

K Well-Known Member

I posted the quote I did because things get all twisted around and somehow it gets forgotten how it started. There were many others in the same vein that I didn't quote.

It took quite a bit of conversation and trying to explain for the "just don't get it" comment to come out.

In regards to GL...My point that I should have made more clear is that you were doing a very good job of explaining your points and he didn't need to try to rephrase/restate/explain what you were saying it just makes the conversation more confusing. It's cool if he wants to back what you are saying and add to it, agree with you, or whatever. It's just confusing when someone comes in and tries to translate what another person is saying. I don't agree with many things you say, but I do respect that you are very capable of clearly state your thoughts about things.

4. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Y'all tripping. Lol

Its not about defending or whatever. Its about being accurate in what she stated.

1. The father wasn't in the sons life until after college. You guys were saying the son was benefiting from the fathers connections . that's false.

2. No one has to spell it out that him being white is an advantage vs a black person. Everyone knows that. Why repeat it over and over.

What's confusing?

Also if you read bobba post theres something to think about. Such as learned helplessness...this convo of what have been talking partly goes into that.

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol...its no different from anyone you may agree with. Lol

In any case y'all tripping. Lol

I'm supporting what she's saying cause I get it within the context of this convo and who she is.

In any case can we stop the attacks and get to real talk

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Ches the huge difference is your experience is constantly being shoved down our throats. Everything from media to history to work is bombarded with your life experience. Trust me we see it we know it's truly inescapable. The same can't be said about the black or any non white ezperience. If you don't seek it out you don't have to deal with it.

7. The Dark King

How dare the highly racially charged comment be challenged.
    Are you high? What did you expect?
    You basically said why can't black kids get it together and not sell drugs my son did it.

8. goodlove

goodlove New Member

She asked questions that had no ill-intent. You inferred the racial malice. She asked legit questions...for a person who don't know.

You always talk about your experience soooooo...why can't she?

Also the forum is about talking experiences.
    So chill.

Hell I grew up in a bad neighborhood with trap houses down the street. Ive seen people smoke crack in my face. I can go to the hood and show you the trap houses. Ive seen the money roll. I watch the base heads all geeked out. But i never sold or used. Hell I don't drink. So how did that happen?

Ask since about DeKalb county/Decatur ga. I lived there. Ask him about gresham park elementary and walker high and southwest dekalb hs. I lived there and its no joke. I don't have to watch the wire....I lived there

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  9. The Dark King

I was talking about the white experience ad a whole. Did you actually read what I wrote?

10. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Where exactly did I do that? By simply voicing my disagreement with her views here, I'm painting her as a racist? I specifically excluded her from my statement about wp "not getting it" to avoid the drama that that could have produced...yet you still think I'm calling her racist. Interesting.

And this is precisely why certain people will never "get it". No matter how much one may date interracially, if they don't LIVE it, day in and day out, I think it's hard to really grasp it.

11. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

The Black conservatives never mention the fact that some Black families were split apart because the jobs were bad as well as the pay. It is not the welfare payments of the 1960's that broke up Black families.

12. goodlove

goodlove New Member

???
    There you go. I was talking you guys. if that wasnt yiur intent...my bad but it came across that way. Your boy was doing that as you see. she was asking questions. Of course a person may or may not get it.

Doesn't mean she shouldn't as questions.

Now let's go back to the article and to a more urbane discussion

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I believe it was more of the LBJ 's war on poverty and bm inability to get a job.

14. goodlove

goodlove New Member

???????
    Do u read what you wrote?

15. The Dark King

GL read the next line right after
    Media depicts Ches's life or the experience of white people. Knock it off you know better

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I read it. You made that statement. Did u not?

Then you stated "your" life experience

17. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Your your your

You said your

I understand u were discussing the white experience at this point but u were specifically say her first. Now you are making a whole group experience "alledgedlly"

Then you are going to deny that very line you made. So you went from her and then her and whites as a whole.

We see you shitting in low weeds

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  18. K

K Well-Known Member

Do you not think that the welfare system had a huge part in it? Given that moms were not able to receive benefits if the father was around (or they were greatly reduced). There was more incentive to have him out than to keep him around. It's still that way for the most part too.

19. K

K Well-Known Member

Agreed. I still have times when it amazes me. Having a white child and a black child around the same ages there are times when as much as I may want to dismiss things, it makes it really difficult because it just is what it is.

20. goodlove

goodlove New Member

When its in your face its a hard pill to swallow