1. hntr18

hntr18 Well-Known Member

pale but not too pale, its all good, i like women of all skin tones like ive said before,lol

2. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

White skin is healthy skin....I can find a freckled red head of Irish decent and pale skin attractive too......By contrast many white men exert enormous peer pressure on their women to maintain a tan....that is, despite the many melanoma advisories.

3. chicity

chicity New Member

I've noticed that amongst monoracial white couples too. It creeps me out, especially the rich trophy wives with skin that looks about 20 years to old for the rest of them.

4. LA

LA Well-Known Member

I don't understand why so many people feel the need to get tan?

For some, is seems that being organically white is a slightly unattractive thing?

"Wow, you look really pale, you need to tan or something."

Its amazing how lucrative these tanning salons are.

5. AfroLove

AfroLove Restricted

Pale skin can be nice on a woman when she has a nerdy, very feminine personality. It's endearing.

I'm most attracted to chocolate-skinned women though.

6. chicity

chicity New Member

When I was a teen, I used to love it. It wasn't because I disliked being pale, it was because it was fun changing something for a little while. The same as dying one's hair, or switching shades of lipstick, but on one's body. It hid blemishes and veins and bruises and evened everything out. Even more tho, it was fun playing with it -- going for a perfect balance all over with no *visible* tan lines, or intentionally leaving a little strap line to peek at the world later. I didn't have a body yet, and playing with the tan line was a way to play with being a little sexy (mind you, only a little, I was a good girl).

Also, it is really enjoyable sitting out on the beach, feeling the heat of the sun sink into your skin. My Mom & I would bond doing it, getting together downtown and then walking to the beach and laying out in the sun, reading books and rolling over periodically, for hours. Then we'd go grab pizza and talk. When we got home, I'd look different from when I left.

I always wore sunscreen back then, but as the dangers became more clear, it took all the fun away. The fear of future wrinkles doesn't help either. Nowadays I put sunscreen on just to get in the car (the sun can burn you right through the window if you get caught in traffic, and then you have one weird red arm). I still get a little tan in the summer, just a shade or two, and a part of me still delights in it a little.

Occasionally, I'll get the tan from a bottle, and that's fun, but it's much harder to get that perfect balance, and you don't have the fun of laying out in the sun.

7. THIS MEDITTERREAN girl has never been pale ..oh well.lool:smt019

8. Arwen

Arwen New Member

That's what I get all the times. I'm not really dead-white, I'm pale, but you can see all my veins especially on the arms and breast. I hate that :smt089

Oh, and I'm bi colour too: pink without tan, red with tan hahaha! :p

9. fly girl

fly girl Well-Known Member

I thank God I never got into tanning when I was younger. I would go out to sun with my girlfriends and after about 5 minutes of sitting doing nothing, I had to get up. The only place I have sun damage is on my chest where my uniform shirt opened at top. I cant imagine having it all over and especially on my face.

10. karmacoma.

karmacoma. Well-Known Member

Stay out of the sun, ladies.

11. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

LMAO!! I vote for you as one of the funniest people.....

I wish I had a good tanning gene. :smt090

12. Liquid Swords

Liquid Swords New Member

I hate being pale, I prefer to have a bit of a tan but not the orange kind. That looks real bad.

13. Bookworm616

I've never been to the tanning salon. I put on copious amounts of sunblock when I'm outside in the summer....

I like looking younger than I am. :smt023 :lol:

14. Bookworm616

LOL! Me too!

15. Arwen

Arwen New Member

me before the tan

me after tan

16. Bryant

Bryant New Member

I prefer the pale white skin the way it looks naturally, but tans are okay too.

17. Athena

Athena New Member

I wear spf 45 everytime I go outside and still get some tan action. I like being on the water or on the snow so I get tanned very unintentionally. I guess I could stop doing what I love so I can be WonderBread incarnate lol. Despite the exposure to sun that I get I still get mistaken for 10 years younger than I am... Perhaps that will change soon and I will look like this next year:

[​IMG]

18. Sir Nose

Sir Nose New Member

You and the Canadian Mrs Nose are from the same gene pool.

19. kneegrow

kneegrow New Member

funny movie
    but gross

20. FEHG

FEHG Well-Known Member

My legs and arms are kind of brown, just from being out and about, but my torso is whiter than white.

I look older than I am - probably from some sun damage I guess.
    I've been burnt so badly I couldn't wear a shirt for a week...

I decided several years back, that I had one of two choices - be "ugly" and pale when I'm young, but look good when I'm older....or look good now and and look like a used shoe when I'm older. I went with stay pale.

I get my skin checked every year, though, and I've already got damage. Such is the life of a whitey living in the sub-tropics. I will get skin cancer. I have no doubt of that...Just the way things are here - everybody gets it.