1. Bryant

Bryant New Member

Do any of you guys get sunburned very easily? I get sunburned within 15 or 20 minutes of being in any weather over 80 degrees. I had to stop playing basketball outdoors during the summer because of it. I miss those days.:cry:

2. Bryant

Bryant New Member

Wow, everybody?

3. LA

LA Well-Known Member

??

No.

Never been sunburned. I just get darker.

Black folks sunburn?

4. fly girl

fly girl Well-Known Member

It could also be an autoimmune response to the sun/heat.

5. Bryant

Bryant New Member

Oh yeah man, we sure do. I know at least i do. One summer i was out playing basketball, and when i looked at myself in the mirror afterwards, i was about 5 or 6 shades darker, and my skin was hurting/burning. Like it was slightly on fire. Also, my hands often get extremely chapped and burned from not wearing enough moisturizer and i end up looking like a burn victim if i don't catch it in advance (no offense anybody). Guess i just have extremely sensitive skin for some reason. :smt102

6. Sir Nose

Sir Nose New Member

No, but I began using sunscreen regularly in my late twenties, and especially since I started going bald.

7. Bryant

Bryant New Member

Explain that for me Fly.:)

8. fly girl

fly girl Well-Known Member

Everyone is different, but I have sun sensitivity due to lupus. When go out, within a few minutes I will look sunburned but it will puffier than a normal sunburn. The sun actually breaks down the dna in my skin.

Lots of people have auto immune responses to the sun. I dont know enough about any other than my own, but keep it in mind and ask your doc about it next physical.

9. ChromeDivine

ChromeDivine New Member

I prefer tan and dark haired/brunette for obvious reasons...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Bryant

Bryant New Member

I tried to use sunscreen, but what annoyed me about it was the fact that it drips into your eyes when you're playing ball, and if i tried to wipe it off my face/eyes, i would just end up removing the very thing that was protecting me from the sun in the first place.

11. Bryant

Bryant New Member

Okay, i see what you mean. Thanks for explaining that for me. I will definitely ask my doctor about that. I read somewhere that the sun can activate the genes that were previously hidden in you before. For instance, a person who doesn't have freckles, and spends a lot of time in the sun, can activate the genes that causes them to have freckles. In my case, when i was younger, i was very light skinned, and after playing basketball in the sun for a long time, i guess it activated the melanin that was stored in there, and i became darker. It's all really interesting.

12. ChromeDivine

ChromeDivine New Member

[​IMG]

I mean come on....

13. FEHG

FEHG Well-Known Member

Yes. That's what my skin doctor says. If you're white, and you grew up in Queensland, you will get skin cancer. It is, supposedly, the skin cancer capital of the world.

As my mum always says "what idiot decided it was a good idea for white people to live in the tropics?"

There are many types of skin cancer, and most people will just get the "not scary" one. Just get it cut out, or burnt off.

My mum had skin cancer at 21. Most older people I know go every 6 - 12 months to get things taken off.

I can't explain this, and unless you've lived both here and somewhere else that is "hot"...but, our sun is just different. I assume it has to do with the ozone hole which, of course, increases UV.

I cannot go in the sun in the middle of summer, even with sun screen. I just get burnt.

My ex thought he was smart. He's what I would call medium brown - not black but probably on the darker end of the spectrum compared to AA - and we went to the beach. I told him to put on sun screen...he didn't...and he was peeling for 2 weeks after. Hahaha

[YOUTUBE]dQSJNbiH480[/YOUTUBE]

14. malikom

malikom Banned

Tan Mediterranean white women >

15. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Well-Known Member

The intense Dallas sun makes my skin very warm....and it goes from a hue of chocolate...to "cajun crispy" but I haven't peeled or got really "burnt" before....my gf describes it as quite painful sometimes. What would happen if one of us bruhs went up to a sunburned WW and just popped her in the back? (hint...call the cops)

16. romeostarr

romeostarr New Member

i like tan women but natural tanning from the sun not tanning booths tanning booths make them smell funny, anyone ever notice that. :smt014

17. Madiba

Madiba New Member

Pale girls are nice. But this is near enough perfection for me.

18. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  19. hntr18

hntr18 Well-Known Member

20. Vamber

Vamber New Member

I'm a natural red head, pale with freckles. The sun sees me and shouts, "Virgin skin!" and I'm attacked. lol