Percent of WW that would date a black guy

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by EmperorLelouch, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Unique4ever

Unique4ever Well-Known Member

I need a feature that says "BLACK GUYS WANTED" in my profile so I don't have to weed through all the responses from boring, average white dudes :smt003

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You can search based on race with most sites. What I find weird is that you can't ignore profiles of people who don't have you as a preference in their searches. It saves a lot of time and frustration. You can also avoid all the "NO BLACK GUYS" profiles. I know we're suppose to have thick skin about that kind of stuff but I never see women have those exclusionary requests with other types of men. People shouldn't have to deal with that.

3. Unique4ever

I fully agree with you TDK.
    It gotta be really frustrating and I can't even imagine how much since I haven't been in the situation.
    I was just trying to make a joke to show how much I appreciate the beauty of the black man. :freehug:

4. The Dark King

We definitely love you back boo.
    Its another reason why I really like this site. You meet so many women who actually prefer black men, I know I shouldn't be amazed but when you're constantly told that you aren't the one people want its hard for it not to mess with you.
    Nearly a year with my girl I still have a problem accepting that she finds my dark skin and "nappy" hair so attractive. Its her preference, its what she chooses and its so weird to me. Hope if I have kids they won't deal with the same bs.

5. Unique4ever

There will always be racism and prejudice.
    A lot of people are afraid of the unknown.
    It's weird that I never considered a relationship with a black man before my last relationship, but I know it's only because where I live we just don't have a lot of black people. I just didn't grow up with it.
    Now after being in an IR relationship for 5 years it somehow became my preference.
    Guess it's true what they say "Once you tried black..." ;)
    People at work make fun of me because of it but I think they are a bunch of idiots and I couldn't care less.
    Hey, if they don't want it....their loss! They just don't know what they are missing.

6. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Take it from someone who has 2 biracial kids...I think it's inevitable that they're going to deal with some shit as they grow up. As much as I'd LOVE to think that people are more open-minded nowadays, that's just not the case everywhere. I'm in San Diego, so it's definitely more open then other places, but I can't let my guard down when it comes to my kids.

Ive dated black men since I was 15, but i think youre right...it has a lot to do with where you grow up.

Anyone who gives you a hard time definitely doesn't know what they're missing lol :)

7. The Dark King

Where did you grow up?

8. RaiderLL

Los Angeles and San Diego. Cali girl through and through lol

9. The Dark King

Im so east coast its not even funny. We arent suppose to get along grrrr lol

10. RaiderLL

Haha I know.

Seems we have a lot of east coast fans here. Im just trying to throw out some west coast love baby!!

You ever been to Southern California? You might be surprised by how fu*king dope we actually are hahaha :)

11. The Dark King

Never had the pleasure but if I ever did west coast it would probably be some place like pprtland or Spokane

12. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

Exactly.

And "weird" is the right word, since fixing that would help their customers, and provide a happier experience.

Personals are a really competitive industry (an industry with plenty of free alternatives). Just one or two "no blacks" lines (or other unpleasantries) can turn you off enough that you won't want to pay a monthly fee to be a part of a site such as match.com. The site would help its business model by making that easy fix.

Taking black men out of the argument for a minute, you sometimes see black women having to put "yes, I do date outside of my race" in their profile, since some nonblack men might presume they don't. With a fix in place, nonblack men won't even see profiles of black women who want black men exclusively, so nobody has to put that line in their profile.

No one would have to get racial in their profiles, with that simple fix in place. The asian girl who only wants white guys won't have to weed through responses from asian men. The white guy who wants a black girl will know - by virtue of the girl showing up in his search results - that's she is open to dating him.

And black men won't have to run head first into the "no blacks" line, after gleefully clicking to the profile of a woman who looks interesting.

By the way, I don't equate not wanting to date black guys with racism. I'm just saying it's weird that sites like match.com don't put that easy fix in place, considering how it could help.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  13. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

Actually, it's probably a money thing when you think about it. They're probably thinking that if people can control what kind of people can view their profile, minorities won't see many people in search results, and therefore won't become paying members.

14. RaiderLL

You'd come all the way out here and skip Cali?? Typical New Yorker lol.

I've found that I agree with many of your posts on this site, so I'll just agree to disagree with you about the best coast :cool:

15. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

he cant handle california.. she would chew him up and spit him back to the east coast. hahahaha

16. RaiderLL

You know it :)

17. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

You know, that shit is becoming very agitating because I see women of numerous races with that disclaimer now, to me it makes me feel bigoted white men succeeded with their goal of brainwashing the masses into thinking black is bad.

18. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

dont let it get to you, they just cant handle the size of our man hood between our legs... plus they know the rumors.. once you go black you may never go back

19. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

Because they are over privileged white douches, they ignore that. I a tual.y tried it, and still had way more white than black guys contacting me. In fact, they completely ignored that I had even said it and approached me as though I had a 'men who totally don't pay attention to any or my preferences' sign up instead.

I find it's harder to meet black guys because there are fewer of them.

20. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

OK, I just had to wipe my screen down. Pepsi spew!

I don't have an actual preference, but my eye is drawn to types of guys, tall slender white guys, and more heavily built black guys. Of course what you're eye is drawn to and who you fall for are very different. The guy who broke my heart last year was pretty much the opposite of everything I like physically in a man. But I still fell for who he was, or lets say who I thought he was, inside.