Percent of WW that would date a black guy

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by EmperorLelouch, Sep 24, 2012.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Cosign. I know people dont want to think ots racist but thats what it is exactly. It implies not only do all bm look the same but we act the same believe in the same things have tje same sense of humor. It robs us of our individuality

2. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

Agreed. Which is why I'm not closed to dating men of a specific race, though I find there has only been one Asian guy I was ever attracted to, and most Hispanic guys don't draw me. But if I met one who did,I'm open to that. I am not attracted to all white guys, or all black guys. Physical attraction is different from being attracted to a particular guy anyway - something that never attracted you before can be really nice when it's wrapped in the person of a guy/woman you really like a s a person.

I can't imagine saying 'I would never date a black/white/green man.'

3. LuvVanillaIC

LuvVanillaIC Active Member

Great point. Many WW will explicitly state that they are not interested in BM for several varied reasons. It could be that they are simply not attracted to BM (doesn't necessarily mean that they are racist) or that they, because of old-fashioned ignorance, believe in stupid stereotypes such as that BM are all unrefined, animalistic beasts who will do great harm to them. I agree with you that Medullahslashin probably shouldn't worry about stuff like this because it's a reality of life. And, there ARE plenty of attractive WW around that ARE interested in BM so they, in some sense, pretty much cancel out the ones who aren't or at least diminish their negative impact. We can examine at a host of reasons why people prefer what they do. As I said before, that's simply reality and it's human nature. As you said, once a guy exhibits universal characteristics of what a man is, and should be, he can easily draw women of all stripes to him. We should all want someone to be attracted to us based on genuineness and natural, unforced attraction. If a WW states, right off the bat, that she is not interested in us, I wouldn't waste my time trying to convince her otherwise. You may miss out on the one, or ones, who are.

4. SexyBaltimorean

SexyBaltimorean New Member

cosign. Great point....

5. LuvVanillaIC

There's nothing wrong with having preferences, whatever they may be. However, I do think that those who are dead-set in their preferences for whatever, do miss out. My preference/type is a petite, blue-eyed blonde (think Kristen Bell, Amanda Seyfried or Julianne Hough types) but that's all it is, a preference. My wife is a 5'9" brunette and when we met, I certainly didn't say to her, "Hey, nice meeting you but you're not a 5'3" blue-eyed blonde, sorry!". We are all, I think, drawn to something based upon what we naturally like and that stems from what's in our minds. It's nice when people learn to be flexible and open to things that they would never dream that they actually WOULD be open to.

6. LuvVanillaIC

Thanks. Best of luck to your Ravens on SB Sunday!

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Mostly, it is about how one feels about that person. A person could meet someone with the same interests and not be what you want. But that person may not have blonde hair, blue eyes or an impressive physique. I admit to having my preferences. But I will follow my heart. Having said that, it does not mean that I will settle.

8. The Dark King

To dismiss or reject someone solely based on race is racism. If someobe looks at you and me as being the same as being homogenous because our skin tones are similar what exactly would you call that? Certain things are biology like beibg attracted to height, muscle ton, strong jaw lines. Coloring is a social construction.

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

funny...i thought pigmentation was a biological construction

10. The Dark King

It was early I meant race lol

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

so it's okay to discriminate based upon pigmentation, height, status, etc

12. MissWacy

MissWacy New Member

only if the women are weak minded, and i know (like many others) first hand how sneaky these bigoted white men are on such websites, i have had messages from them when i have been on previous websites and stated i like black men, i even had a picture up of me kissing my bf at that time on the cheek (not as my profile pic) and i got messages galore from these whiney white men crying about me kissing a black guy

these kinda white men are even on groups on facebook that are specifically for ww who love bm, and you think why the fuck would they want to be there? all i see is them self loathing about ww liking bm and crying about it, and i see the same guy posting stats in every group about black men not having the biggest dicks or some other bullshit and you think wow it gets to you THAT much?

its like whenever we make a ww and bm group we have to cater to this certain type of white male who is so insecure about it and make sure we dont say we "love dark skin" and love "hot black men" or else these white men might water up at the eyes

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

repped for attacking the wm superiority complex

14. MissWacy

MissWacy New Member

ha thanks, i can only imagine the comments if i had of said this on a different website

15. The Dark King

Yup because those are characteristics that actually mean something. They signal certain health indicators or lack there of

16. LuvVanillaIC

Racism is, in the context of this subject/conversation, rejection based solely upon race and no other factors. But I didn't say anything about rejection of a BM by a WW being based only on race in my quote. I think that if you carefully think about it, you'll agree that it's not necessarily (key word) racism if someone states, simply, that they aren't interested in someone of another racial group. Yes, it certainly could be that the person harbors dim views when it comes to race but it's pretty hard to tell what's really going on in another person's mind. We have to judge, I would guess, by their actions. If, for example, a black man says that he prefers black women, should a white, asian or latino female take that statement, on its face alone, that he is a racist? Of course not. If he says, however, that he dislikes women of any other racial group, then perhaps he could be labeled as racist. I'm sure that you realize, however, that the context here in which we are discussing racism is only one aspect of the term and its many implications. Coloring, in the sense that you used it, is a false social construct created by ignorance and insecurity to vitiate (especially) the black race. In the end, however, it boils down to what's in a person's heart, soul and mind when it comes to human interaction and relationships. Yes, there are WW who won't entertain entering into any type of relationship with a BM, casual or otherwise based upon threats/brainwashing all their lives from family and/or friends. There are those who won't deal with BM, not because they dislike BM or necessarily harbor racist views of us but because of the simple fact that they feel that they may have little or nothing in common with a man of another race and are too afraid to open up and take a chance to actually find out.

17. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

Like that last sentence! We have people here on the forum who are exclusively interested in men or women of another race. It isn't racist, it's a preference. I think it's possible that someone could be exclusively physically attracted to people of their own race, too. Personally, I think they are missing out, but that's because my own preference leans toward both white and black guys.

Because of our history in the US, it's also possible, perhaps even probable, that racism plays a part in a WW's preference. I think the hard thing for BM is that when they run into a woman who either prefers her own race, or has never dated outside of WM, you guys have no idea WHY she has that preference. Since generally guys still do the initial asking out, it must make it very hard to approach some WW. :freehug:

18. blackbrah

blackbrah Well-Known Member

That's fucked up. I could understand personal preference though.

One thing that annoyed me is a friend of mine. Good girl actually, but something disturbed me about her that I started to notice recently.

I have a Hispanic friend that says she ONLY dates white guys. Its cool saying it once or twice but she says it repeatedly an I wonder what her kids think who are full Hispanic.

I was at a Christmas party and I think I was joking around with her pretending I was hitting on her (I've known her for about a year and I see her more as a 'sister' more than anything honestly and we feel mutually) and she kept saying "blah blah I only date white guys, I'm not into black guys". She has said this before, even my white/Hispanic friend noticed her saying this quite often.

I understand preference and all though and that's okay but I wonder what her motive was when saying this heh.

IDK sometimes it bothers me and it is one of those 'limiting beliefs' I struggle with in terms of getting women I want.

19. LuvVanillaIC

Rhetorically, I wonder why she continually says that? If that's her preference, fine. But for her to say this over and over again, obviously in anyone's presence, makes me also wonder what her true motivations are. It could be that she's trying to get a rise out of you (and perhaps others that she says this openly around). It also, in my humble opinion, makes her look somewhat childish and superficial, and perhaps, a bit immature to feel as if she has to continually verbalize her racial preference. Or, could it be that black guys hit/attempt to hit on her and this is her way of fending them off?

20. blackbrah

blackbrah Well-Known Member

Maybe it is to get a rise out of me, but as I mentioned one of my white/hispanic friends noticed her do it too (when I wasn't around). And I don't exactly live in an area with a lot of blacks. I live in San Antonio which has about a 65-70% Mexican population.

Outside of that she's really sweet to me honestly so maybe she was just trying to piss me off. Hard to read. She's not exactly the most mature at times lol.