Pick one: "The Innocents" vs "Sacred Lies"

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Young Herschel, Sep 10, 2018.

?

Which new series is more enjoyable?

Poll closed Sep 20, 2018.
  1. "The Innocents"

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. "Sacred Lies"

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I am curious as to which of these new late summer series has the higher entertainment value for the members here!

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

WTF is "Sacred Lies"?

3. Young Herschel

^A new streaming YA mystery with dramatic horror elements which is free on Facebook. Its gained rave reviews from critics and the general public. Featuring two interracial sex scenes so far as it airs new episodes every Friday night!!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I don't think I can vote because I haven't seen sacred lies. But The Innocents has more of a interesting concept and a Romeo and Juliette meets Stranger Things type of feel to it. The romantic story is written quite beautifully. And it is on a more broader platform.

5. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

It's on Facebook, it's 8 episodes in, it's on Fridays @ 8/9et. It's pretty good they're almost as perfect a couple as Ty & Tandy on Cloak & Dagger

6. Young Herschel

"Sacred Lies" holds onto your throat and squeezes it as it gallops towards climax again and again!! Go to Facebook and search the series or google the reviews to see what I mean. It has earned a 97% on Google reviews and a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes which are both higher than I ever expected . . . superior ratings than Innocents too

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. darkcurry

I might have to use a friend's account because I don't have a facebook account. My girlfriend and I are private and I only use twitter mainly and google.

8. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

The one that has more IR scenes.

9. darkcurry

lol.
    They both are about IR couples. About 80% of the scenes on The Innocents features June & Harry.

10. Soulthinker

Yes,a lot more ir love scenes. Hope to get the DVD copy soon.

11. darkcurry

It's on Netflix. I don't think the season will be out on DVD or do you know something I don't? lol.

12. Soulthinker

I don't get Netflix so I will see it when I get the DVD.

13. ColiBreh1

LOL. Original Netflix/Hulu/Amazon movies & especially TV shows usually don't home video releases, so good look with that.

14. darkcurry

15. ColiBreh1

The keyword is "usually". I don't watch "Stranger Things", but based on the amount of media coverage it gets & how much the show is discussed on social media, I can tell the show is arguably Netflix's biggest hit ever.

So that would explain why "Stranger Things" gets a home video release compared to the average original Netflix show & movie that doesn't.

16. Young Herschel

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  17. Young Herschel

"Sacred Lies" has the hotter snowbunny though :) plus the story is more realistic to hold your interest than "The Innocents". We know that White Supremacy is quite popular in the Mountain West and that this type of "Romeo & Juliet" episode would be met with traditional opposition by most of the common folk in Montana, Idaho and the Dakotas even if Minnow (Elena Kampouris) didn't belong to a religious cult of fanatics.

I'm sorry but I am just so happy to look at Elena doing IR scenes that other white actresses simply pale (no pun intended) by comparison lol!!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  18. darkcurry

Sound like a personal opinion. lol. As I said I have yet to see Sacred Lies yet to make the comparison, but The Innocents is pretty groundbreaking, suspenseful and well written for a show with the leads being an IR couple. Episode 4 is truly special if you seen it yet.

I do find it amazing how well the chemistry seems to be with a lot of these IR on screen lovers recently.

19. Young Herschel

^^ Can you see the pics above darkcurry??? Elena is SPECTABULOUS!!!

Last day to vote in this poll everyone! Hope most here have had the chance to watch multiple episodes of both series by now so they can voice their vote!

SPOILERS!!!!!!

Father: Minnow did you lie with a Ramennite (negro)?!?!?
    Minnow: No father!! I would never!!!
    Kevin: Billy claims he saw you with one last night!
    Minnow: (gulps) Uhhhh (turns and sprints away from the cult-camp . . . disappearing deep into the woods of the Montana State Park

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  20. darkcurry

Just finished the rest of Sacred Lies this morning and first of all great show. On par with The Innocents in being so different and taking elements from Stranger Things without copying and staying original.

But @Young Herschel as far as a IR romance The Innocents got this beat by a mile. First of all the romance of the show is a subplot, he doesn't appear in many episodes and doesn't show up until later and ***SPOILER ALERT*** Minnow & Jude went their separate ways a.k.a. they broke up without fighting. lol.

June and Harry despite that ending to Season 1 of The Innocents they never really broke up and were still together at the end AND their romance is apart of the main storyline of the show. The writers of Sacred Lies didn't make Minnow & Jude's relationship the main storyline. That combination of their romance being a subplot and them going their own separate ways and ending the season with them still being separated leaves the door open for them to write the romance off or leave it at that in the first season because the show can really work going forward without a Minnow & Jude romance.

You can't do that with June & Harry because the romance was always one of the main parts of the show and main part of their story. The show wouldn't work without their love story continuing. One of the reasons people want a season 2 and will more than likely get it is because of their love story. Now I'am rooting for Minnow & Jude to find each other again I'm just pointing out that it is a subplot romance and subplot romances combined with them already not being together are easier to pull the plug on because the show can work without them.

So as beautiful and well written as their love story was and I do love this show I got to say The Innocents relationship was a lot stronger and the main part of the story. We have a better chance if we get a season 2 of both of these great shows of seeing June & Harry together than we do seeing Minnow & Jude together.