Pizza Pie thread

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Skylight, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Skylight

Skylight Active Member

I was feeling like a pizza tonight, so I thought it'd be cool to start a Pizza pie thread.

Name and show pictures of pizzas you've come across or would like to try sometime.

New York Neopolitan
    [​IMG]

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Deep Dish All Day

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Skylight

Skylight Active Member

deep dish coma... mmm...
    lol

4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Maaaaayne, I haven't had any really, really good pizza since I moved to Cali back in '07. I've had some good, but just barely that here in the Valley. Nothing to write home about.

Back in the D we'd get pizza downtown at this Greek spot called Nikki's. That Greek pizza is spectacular.

5. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I had heard that Chicago deep dish pizza is to be eaten with a knife and fork and not by hand like New York style pizza. I can only imagine what a supreme deep dish pizza will taste like. I'll probably won't be able to eat anything after that.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Next time you are in Orlando stop by Giordanos for some real Chicago deep dish. It is literally the same restaurant that they have in downtown Chicago. You haven't lived until you've had it.

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

This looks like dry bread. Lol

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

In grade school, the closest to Chicago deep dish pizza was served at lunch. It was meaty and cheesy. But it didn't look or even taste like Chicago deep dish pizza.

Is Brown's Fried Chicken still in business in Chicago? There were a couple of franchises in Fort Lauderdale but they were closed(I may be wrong). That chicken was better than KFC and Popeye's.

It tasted like the way my mother fried chicken.

9. K

K Well-Known Member

Have you been to Roma's in Sacramento? I haven't (yet - I'm not into eating pizza these days :( ) But I have heard some rave reviews from some friends who were here who are from Italy and live in Chicago. They said it rivals anything they have ever had. I find that hard to believe.....but maybe

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Nothing is like Chicago deep dish. It's in a class of its own.

I never heard of browns fried chicken :smt042

I'm not much of a fried chicken guy, for my cheat days Id rather have pizza or a burger. Five guys level or better. The burger resturants around here are on another level, but usually five guys will do for me.

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

This is what he's talking about.

[​IMG]

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

That's what I was talking about.

13. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

14. CAkicker

15. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Reuben Pizza

Boboli Pizza Crust with Thousand Island dressing, sauerkraut, corned beef, topped with swiss cheese and caraway seeds

20180204_175443_50_1_50.jpg

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Corned beef definitely gets love up the way. I haven't had that tho.

Have you had Angela Mia pizza from East Cleveland?

17. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

In my immediate family we have an annual super bowl party and my older sister makes about 5 boxes of reuben pizza for all of us to enjoy amongst the other smorgasbord we have every year.

Reuben pizza goes hard in the paint. It's like combining 2 of your favorite meals and the end result is something so beautiful and wonderful that will melt in your mouth like holy communion. You will NOT be disappointed.

Yes, I have definitely had the pleasure of enjoying Angela Mia's deep dish pizza out in EC. I've been hip to them since the early 1980s actually.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I stop for pizza at one of my fav mom and pop pizzerias nearly every time I go home (NYC), but... I free admit that I'm absolutely addicted to some Chicago deep dish. So far I've had only deep dish from the tourist trap/chain Giordano's. I've had it each time I've visited (about 4 times), and early this year I ordered 4 frozen pies online. I'm really looking forward to experiencing deep dish pizza from some of the other places in Chicago.

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Let us know what spot you hit in Chicago. I sure wish we had a Giordano's in South FL, closest one to me is Orlando.

20. CAkicker