1. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Nice.

2. qwils86

qwils86 New Member

I will agree that jealousy will easily creep into polygamist relationships but it is the man's job to treat all his women equally and to keep them satisfied. The man will have his work cut out for himself. Yes, navigating daily life with numerous personalities is exhausting but it takes a certain type of man to handle multiple women. From my own experience, you gotta keep your emotions in check and you have to be a rock when you have multiple women. It is not easy to do.

That's the problem there, the courts needs to stop meddling in our relationships. :mad:

So lets say hypothetically you are a very wealthy man with a good amount of free time on your hands, would you consider polygamy?

IMO polygamy would only wear the average man out but a man that is accustomed to having multiple women should be fine.

In the west, since women are more independent and are more financially well-off, I believe polygamist marriages can work. If the man marries multiple wealthy women and they are equally taking care of their children, it should be fine.

Why aren't we allowing this in America?! :mad:

3. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

No, the truth is that a woman takes a lot of one's time. I also would not feel right about it. There will always be one woman that I like more than the rest. I will honestly prefer to spend my time with her unless she was not available.

4. qwils86

qwils86 New Member

Cool, I respect that.

5. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

:smt043

Hilarious! :D

I agree with you and MS about the fact that it's most definitely not for me but if other of-legal-age people want to do it...let em. All marital acknowledgment and benefits included.

6. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

My preference is a one-on-one relationship; sharing my man is never an option for me.

7. satyr

satyr New Member

In light of your elite education, massive amounts of wealth, far-flung travel adventures, and decades of relationship experience, I'm sure you'd be fine.

Do yourself a favor and read a book on informal logic. The Art of Deception by Nicholas Capaldi is a good primer.

Most women with humble finances wouldn't agree to such an arrangement, so why would "multiple wealthy women"? If they're attractive too and you're not rich, then all the more reason for them to ignore you.

8. qwils86

qwils86 New Member

You can save your sarcastic ass tongue in cheek compliments to yourself, I don't appreciate that. And oh yeah, of course I'll be fine.

Of course an attractive wealthy women isn't going to marry a man that's not rich. You took my statement out of context, but I am going to tell you this, an attractive wealthy man wouldn't have any trouble having multiple wives, including rich women. That's only if he knew how valuable he is to women though.

Do yourself a favor and really soak in what I am about to tell you.

If a woman truly loves you, with the right amount of persuasion, you can have her do ANYTHING for you. Being in a polygamist relationship is not excluded from that.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  9. satyr

satyr New Member

Of course you don't but someone needs to smack you non-critical thinking young men upside the head and you're welcome.

Hmm. Once again to interrogate your logic, how many wealthy women do you imagine there are in the world? By all social and historical measures, doesn't an abundance of material wealth belong to the rare few? In every generation there is a very small number of men and women who would be considered wealthy.

Do you think a wealthy woman would choose a wealthy guy who is looking to have multiple wives over a wealthy guy who lacks that preference? How much do you actually know about women? For someone who proclaims his prowess with the ladies, it would seem very little.

As you should (or will eventually) know, self-appraisal is overrated.

10. qwils86

qwils86 New Member

Ok, no disrespect to you but I am going to ignore those other statements, I don't care to rebut you right now. But you want to know how much I know about women? Let me tell you this sir and we are gonna end this discussion here. I am a gentleman of leisure, women have the tendency to fall for me and do whatever I tell them. So this young man I knows a thing or two about the female sex and I am still learning.

11. qwils86

qwils86 New Member

Ok I respect that but what's the reason why you wouldn't want to share him? Is it jealousy? Selfishness? Or are you just following what society says is acceptable?

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Puritanical tradition. The only way around this is simply for men not to get married and not have any children. Be free as a bird in flight. Just keep an eye on your course.

13. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

Wow.. this is now an extremely manipulative thought or maybe even more! Love isn't there for your personal satisfaction or wishes or to push a person in your personal desired direction. When I love a man I expect from him that he treats me well, that he takes care of my well being and that he respects MY wishes. The same as I do for him, taking care and observing that he doesn't betray himself and neglecting his own goals and needs.

To the topic, in our western culture, it won't normally work, except there is force or financial aspects behind it. If a man isn't that special SO to me, then I can share him. That's the way how I was raised and I cannot change or "intellectualize" it.
    I've seen in West Africa that some wives haven't had a problem with it, if their husband came home with another woman (Muslims). They were all treated equally, the first wife got a house, all of them got one, so my impression ( as an European) was more a business transaction than a loving affaire

14. qwils86

qwils86 New Member

LOL

There's ways around it, my aunt is in a polygamist marriage and her husband treats both wives equally and fair. They are Muslims not Christians.

I didn't mean for this statement to sound manipulative but if it sounds that way to you then it is what it is. Men and women manipulate each other all the time.

Western society has made polygamy taboo and IMO that's the problem. I believe if western countries aren't going to make polygamy legal, then they should make it legal for a man to have a mistress if the wife knows about it. It will decrease these high divorce rates in Western countries.

http://http://top10for.com/top-10-countries-highest-divorce-rate-2014/

15. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

Y'all are talking from a westernised perspective but polygamy is an established practice in Africa and it mostly goes on without any drama. Before Christianity was shoved down the throat of Africans, the well to do men had more than one wife and produced a shit ton of kids. There was a timetable as to when which wife would have the husband for the night and reverence was given to the first wife by the younger wives. Drama comes only when the youngest wife begins to disrespect the older wives or when the husband decides to do an encore with the youngest wife at the expense of the older wife( Who can blame him? the youngest wife might be 19 and the older wife might be 55).

Muslims we all know have the right to 4 wives if they can cater for all of them equally and there are highly educated well travelled, well spoken, Muslim women in my country who are second wives and are content with it. Basically, it's a cultural and religious issue and would seem strange to westernised people :cool:

16. qwils86

qwils86 New Member

Well stated brother

17. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

Since we live in the 21st century and share the planet with women from all walks of life, It would be interesting to see some polling on how they feel about polygamy. ......You will probably never have a true pulse on the pros and cons on this union arrangement until you gauge the opinions of accomplished women also. ........... Until you get overwhelming affirmation from women judges, women legislators, women physicians and leaders of women advocacy groups, polygamy will remain a squeezed pipe dream. ...

18. christine dubois

You know, I couldn't care less. If a man wants and needs a wife and a mistress, he can have, if those two women agree with this kind of life style ( and both are old enough to make this decision voluntarily)..The only question from my side would be, is that "right" exclusively reserved for men, or do women have the same right (if they can afford to pay for both men)?
    And the second question would be, why not cancelling all that marriages and exclusive rights for both genders then the divorce rate would be reduced to Zero..

19. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

Women also have the right to 2 or more husbands in some jurisdictions its called polyandry :cool:

20. christine dubois

It's true, people try to manipulate each other, the reason, why people should listen and read exactly, what others say. This would help a lot and would prevent aggravating consequences.