1. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

LOL Appiah.. I mean in qwils86 Fantasyland..:rolleyes:

2. qwils86

qwils86 New Member

And what do you exactly mean by this Christine? There's no fantasy in polygamy and polyandry, there are cultures in the world that still practice these types of relationships.

3. christine dubois

Isn't it your fantasyworld? Why are you interested in polygamy?

I can not imagine that any construct is the one and only one that guarantees a positive relationship. Lesbians and homosexualls play the card that monogamy is a heterosexual construct and the contrary isn't polygamy, but polyamorie ( loving different partners at the same time without hiding anything). In fact life long loyalty between two people seems not very nature.

The anthropologist William Jankowiak has carried out interesting studies in Mormon communities. The divorce rate in Angel Park is 40 percent, and Jankowiak describes the community members in a conflict between social and religious beliefs and personal feelings: "They welcome the polygamous principle and his call for plurality and try yet at the same time, the romantic passion towards a particular maintain partner. "

The need for exclusivity and uniqueness in our love life is for all of us extremely important. Our bodies want especially this person, we've had this passionate and intense experience with. Anyone can understand what I mean, if you are in love and away from your SO, your mind is with him/ her, You remember and you feel a longing for this person, everything is very physical. Your body cries for him/her. What makes me think that for a certain time, our bodies need this monogam love life.

Now some people try a new construct, called serial monogamy.

You can change the constructs, the frames, but you cannot change the people. Your fascination, the dream,to have multiple women and the man is the boss of this harem is in my eyes just an illusion or the wish for (sexual) power.

4. qwils86

qwils86 New Member

I am currently not interested in marriage but if I were to get married it will be under Islamic law (I grew up a Muslim) where you can have more than one wife. I believe it is natural for men to want multiple women until he feels he wants to stay committed to just one woman. The problem is too many men are letting western society pressure them into getting married when they are not physically, mentally, and financially ready. This is why divorce rates are high and why men cheat on their wives. Having multiple women is no illusion for me Christine, it is a reality.

Don't act like I am the anti-Christ just because I love women! Lol ;)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  5. satyr

satyr New Member

You need to back up your claims with data. What do you mean by "physically", are they incapable of walking down an aisle? So bizarre.

Define "high", name a percentage and tell us what is the current divorce rate in the United States vis-a-vis 25-30 years ago.

A ninety-forty year chart of the divorce rate in the United States:

[​IMG]

Furthermore, do men in polygamous unions not commit infidelity? I doubt it. The HIV rate in many African countries would suggest that there is a lot of side action going on.

6. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Like I said before, if it works for all involved then great. But this kind of mindset irks me, personally. I can't get on board with my guy having multiple women yet I'm stick just with him. No bueno. Too selfish of an attitude to work for me. I've read stories of these kind of arrangements and they say the women that partake in such relationships are quite strong but I view them as weak. A woman who permits her partner to do as he pleases while those same freedoms aren't allowed to her isn't strength imo. To each there own, doesn't affect me or mine, but I couldn't do it nor do I see the "strength" in those that do. Jmo of course

7. KWillo

KWillo Active Member

Truth.

8. christine dubois

Do you think american men (except Muslims) are weak? That they are victims that are forced to marry?

As I've said before, you can have ten women at the same time, if you find adult women who decide to join that Harem voluntarily, I can just hope for you that you earn enough money for all of them (included their kids). It's not my personal business. My life style is different, never I would follow such a proposal. What I don't like, is that you base on religion to push through your will, but there is nothing else behind than to declare that men are better than women, more worthful.

Polygamy was useful during a time, when men died in wars and too many widows with their kids needed a breadwinner. Nowadays it's more an instrument to suppress women.

I've been in many muslimic countries and to be honest the male dominance is to sense everywhere, female emancipation is a foreign word.

BTW, modern Muslims declare that polygamy is forbidden (Sure 4 :129)

Another question, you live in LA, correctly? Is it legal to marry multiple wives or do we talk about affairs you wanna have and you search for an excuse because the society sees it as totally immoral?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  9. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

I'd be open to a conversation about being in a polyamorous relationship with my partner. Not so much with polyandry or polygamy.

10. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

You sure about that? :cool:

11. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

I think you are using the wrong 'poly'. Maybe it is polygamy that you want, but it sounds more like polyamory.

I've read a couple of female posters claim that this is a selfish mindset and they'd be right IF you are not open to your female partner(s) being able to step out with other men. Have you addressed that already? How would you feel about that?

I've also read a coupe of female posters claim that this is oppressive to women which is horseshit. Unless wait... oh snap.,. are you somehow forcing the women into it against their will. Can we check your basement?

12. qwils86

qwils86 New Member

I meant polygamy but I currently practice polyamory.

How would I feel about my female partners seeing other men? Well I don't care and I prefer them to date older wealthy men so they can have themselves a sugar daddy. :cool:

And no I am not forcing anyone against their will! LOL Here are the keys to my basement, go check bro.

13. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

This is like asking people if they like butter on their toast

The answer is obvious

You're asking me if I would rather have one beautiful woman in my bed instead of 4 or 5 of them?

Is this real?

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

The only rights my women have are:

Cook breakfast

Cook lunch

Cook dinner

Take my balls

16. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

He's asking you how many times you want to be reminded to take out the garbage. Or how many simultaneous conversations that you have to entertain about shit that you don't care about while the game is on.

And you know that feeling you get when that beautiful woman in your bed 'has a headache'? Multiply that by 4 or 5.

"Not tonight, I have a headache..eadache...eadache..eadache...eadache" - Echo Rejection

17. satyr

satyr New Member

In America there is a small faction of Mormons who are not recognized by the church who practice polygamy. They cannot legally marry more than one spouse so they take multiple women as wives through private covenant.

It's a big scam as the younger men in the community are driven out, so that these fat middle-aged guys don't have to compete with them for teenage girls. A horrible situation.

___

Funny, the male presumption that you'd several beautiful women as wives when most dudes can't even wrangle one.

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Lmao

19. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've heard about them and I used to watch Big Love as well, the compound in that show gave you a bit of an idea how things go down in that situ.

Nasty stuff

The one I posted above is a Docu series, men just discarding the 2nd or 3rd and those same women having to look for another multi relationship but finding it that much harder because they are older and have the previous "husbands" kids in tow.
    There is even a business setting these women up and trying to match them with men, but even the man that runs it says the Men want younger women.

All a bit one sided from what I watched (although one Jamaican wasn't a complete prick) and the British red headed Muslim man was just fucking creepy and a bit scary. :(

20. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

There isn't 4 women for every man. There isn't even 2 women for every man.
    That's from the guy point of view.

From a woman's point of view.
    You are sharing resources. A man that is married to two women will never be able to be as accommodating as he would be to one woman. meaning he can't be in two spots at once.

The irony in this question is that the divorce rate is high with one marriage let alone two. Folks can't even handle one marriage now you want to add another.