Popular TIKToker and newlywed husband recieve racist message after posting wedding photos

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by glt1980, Oct 15, 2021.

1. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Unfortunately this is common of the wives of black athletes in both the NFL and NBA to be recieving messages like this. Remember folks couldn't get over the fact that Jrue Holiday's wife was white and totally ignored their post about their donations to black owned companies.

Beautiful couple btw with a beautiful love story she shared on their site

https://www.therochells.com/our-story

[​IMG]

3. Rollx007

Rollx007 Well-Known Member

She's extremely responsive to every troll comment on tiktok and makes a video about it, I think she should just learn to delete troll comments and block trolls and don't give them the extra attention or they'll come for more.
    At this rate I think she does it for more views and clicks. (In my opinion)

4. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

or she could be real sensitive. I personally don't think those people that are real sensitive should be on social media or better yet turn the comment section off.

But here I'm glad she used her following to put them on blast. Too many times the hat IR gets ignored or glossed over. Because we have BOTH sides not wanting us together.

6. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Not if the male member of such a relationship is white I'm certain. In that scenario the racist remarks and the accusations of agendas suddenly become scarce.

7. Rollx007

Rollx007 Well-Known Member

My concern is that trolling is a feedback loop, you entertain that energy constantly, more of them will come.
    Racists will never vanish, white men that hate seeing WWBM for example, are in large numbers.

I've followed their content on YouTube for about 2 years and they've discussed these trolls in detail and she's not leaving this topic alone, even her partner is done with talking about it, it brings the most views, so I'd understand why she'd make content on the topic for more traffic. And They are not the most popular IR couples on social media, yet it sounds like the trolls only end up on their platform.

Sure, raise awareness, but constantly pushing for it won't change anything, WWBM relationships will continue to be seen as the norm. While trolls stay mad.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List