Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Tamstrong, Jan 28, 2011.

1. GirlieGirl74

GirlieGirl74 Well-Known Member

To all the believers on the board, I'm requesting prayers for my dad again. He's been in the hospital for almost a week and is going to have surgery in the morning and then another surgery either Wednesday or Thursday. I'm concerned about whether or not he is strong enough to be put to sleep. He is so weak right now from the chemo. I'm also suffering from an upper respitory infection and can't be around him now, which is making this very difficult for me. Thank you, in advance, for keeping us in your prayers. I appreciate it.

2. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

beautiful lady. both yourself and your father have my love and all the positive energy i can put out to the universe. my heart goes out to you all during this horrible time. please remember that you are much loved

3. GirlieGirl74

Thank you, honey!!! You know that I love you too!!!

4. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I'm sorry to hear it GG. I'm praying extra hard that everything goes well for your dad & that you get better too. You all are in my thoughts & prayers. Lots of love to you & your family.

5. Unique4ever

Unique4ever Well-Known Member

Damn GG, I hope everything will be ok with your Dad.
    It sucks that you cant be with him now. That must really hurt you.
    I feel for you sweetie :smt056

6. mama

mama Well-Known Member

I hope all goes well honey, you are in my thoughts.

7. jayarmy

jayarmy New Member

Im so sorry to hear this. I hope all went well. You all are in my prayers for sure!!

8. z

z Well-Known Member

Hope all goes well GG, will keep you in my prayers.

9. GirlieGirl74

Thank you all so much. :D My dad made it through both surgeries this week. He's been in CCU but was moved to a regular room this morning. He still has a long way to go, but at least, this part is behind him now. Hugs and kisses to all. :smt058

10. Tamstrong

That's great news GG! I'm so happy that the surgeries went well, & I hope you're feeling better too. I've got y'all in my thoughts & prayers. Hugs & kisses to you too.

11. wtarshi

this is such brilliant news gg...!!!! what a relief....!!!! hope you're chest infection is better honey

12. GirlieGirl74

Thanks, Tam and Tarshi. You know that I love you both. I'm feeling some better. It's taking its sweet time moving on. It must be a male virus enjoying my chest right now. ;)

13. Unique4ever

Unique4ever Well-Known Member

Wow GG Im so glad everything went well. I was wondering about that but didnt dare to ask....Im so relieved. Hope u are better soon so u can visit him.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  14. Tamstrong

You're welcome, GG...love you, too! I'm glad you're feeling some better & hopefully Mr. Virus will leave your chest alone soon. :smt058

15. wtarshi

lol

16. Tamstrong

As hard as it is for me not to be too proud to ask for help (because I feel like I'm being selfish & weak), I'd like to request prayer on my behalf.

With my family, my job, my thyroid mightmare & stress, I'm having some really tough days right now. I have so many people who depend on me, that I tend to forget to be there for myself. I'd appreciate any prayers to help me get through all the craziness I'm dealing with right now.

17. wtarshi

honey, more positive thoughts & love coming your way...!!!! this too shall pass...focus on the positives and surround yourself with love...!!! :smt058

18. naija4real

naija4real New Member

Tam, may the peace of God which passeth all understanding still those roaring waves in your ocean of despair. Live a day at a time, and all will well, and everything surmountable.

19. jayarmy

jayarmy New Member

Tam I just said a prayer for you out loud!! Givers as yourself even need to be there for themselves. You MUST put yourself first at times and address your own personal needs. How else can you continue to be there for others if you break down? It happens to all of us who truly care about the welfare and morale of others, not to mention maintaining a professional outlook in the work place on top of all of the other stress life throws your way.

DO YOU LADY!!! I look forward to continue reading your inspiring posts. They really show what a STRONG person you are.

YOU shall not fall!!!

20. Tamstrong

Thanks Tarshi & Naija for the encouragement & for being such positive people on the forum. I appreciate & love you both.